successful MFP users

Options
Member for about 11 months. 6'3" tall, 440 pounds now 210 pounds. BP was 210/120 now 115/70. Total cholesterol over 200 now (140) LDL 78 HDL 42. Type two diabetes a1c= 5.7 was 11 No longer diabetic. size 62 pants+ now size 38. Bariatric sleeve Jan. 23rd 2012. Love to hear about successful MFP users.

Replies

• deeschange
    deeschange Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Check out the magic beans topic thread and another user just posted her new results today as well in another topic thread.

Welcome to the group.

:smile:
  • deeschange
    Options
    What types of things did you do to bring your number down? Are you on medicine or did you accomplish this solely with diet and exercise?

Was there a specific plan of attack that you followed?
  • thomasjbrock
    thomasjbrock Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm not very good at figuring out how to do the forums, but here goes.
    Let me suggest a few books. Why we get fat by Gary Taubes, and Eat to live by Joel Fuhrman.
    The products I use for protein are Muscle Milk Light ( 20 grams of protein) Phage zero Yogurt (18 grams), and bean with bacon soup (18 grams) I eat one piece of fruit every day, and a portion of berries every day. I eat one large salad with romaine lettuce, spinach, a tomato and sliced onions + what ever else I have around, and one crusiferous vegtable every day. 65 - 80 grams of protein a day. I don't use anything with sugar or refined carbs. My thinking is consistent " Don't think about it, just do it. I walk an hour a day and I stay hydrated. Find something more importent in your life than food. I take CLA, Calcium, Biotin, a good multi vitamin, zinc, and fish oil with the highest DHA and EPA I can find. My total weight loss is actually 240 pounds over an 18 month time period. The real secret is to not think about it. Just do it. Emotions make us fat, and keep us fat. Believe you're worth it, and make it happen. Log everything you eat and log your exercise. IT WORKS
  • autygermom
    autygermom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    wow, you are quite a success story. I hope i can get my diabetes under control soon. I am working at it, have just started and need to lose 100 lbs. I have a son who is very encouraging(sometimes a little pushy). He's fit and works out a lot, and calls me to check in almost every day.
  • deeschange
    Options
    Is there are any sugar in Muscle Milk Light ( 20 grams of protein) Phage zero Yogurt (18 grams)?

And is muscle milk lactose free?
  • thomasjbrock
    Options
    Muscle milk light is lactose free. Phage zero yogurt is only 100 kcal and 18 grams of protein. 50% of the carbs in beans are resistent starches, which means you don't assimilate them. I always go to the manufactures web site to verify these things just in case. Only trust your own research. I buy prebuilt shakes of muscle milk light. If you make it from powder ( a lot cheaper ) use zero calory caramel flavoring, and it makes it actually taste good. Costco is the best price I've found on the muscle milk. Winco for the yogurt, but you might have to look around to find it. I use generic bean with bacon soup and add 3 cans of water instead of one to help me stay hydrated. There is some interesting legitimate research being done on green coffee bean extract, and CLA. I use web Md, and medscape for nursing. Linus pauling institute has a web site for nutritionalist, and the general public.
    Your progress is wonderful. Don't think about it, Just do it !!!!!
  • thomasjbrock
    Options
    I'm a tough love kinda guy. Your son is your biggest asset. Surround yourself with more people like your son, and let the touchy feely enablers find someone else to torture with superficial crap. Support from people that won't kiss your butt are what really work. Be strong and win this battle, and just do it.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    My total weight loss is actually 240 pounds over an 18 month time period.
    Amazing. You attacked it with a vengeance.

I agree with your take on the mental aspect. If you're willing make the mental commitment for change, big things happen.