Where do you workout?

Options
CAS317
CAS317 Posts: 267 Member
So as I was reading through the other threads somebody had asked if anybody actually talks and hangs out outside of MFP. I thought it might be cool to see where everybody worksout. You might be going to the gym every day and running on a treadmill right next to somebody else on here.

I have been going to the Ransburg YMCA for the past 12 years. I just recently switched to the new Planet Fitness on E Washington Street that just opened in December. I would love to have some workout buddies:)

Claire

Replies

• Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I workout at one of our company gyms for Community Hospitals - Bodyzone North on Shadeland avenue... I've been considering going to Lifetime Fitness in Castleton by Costco, though..
  • CAS317
    CAS317 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Yeah I still have my gym access at CHE...it was ok for $2.50 a paycheck. But I think it just went up to $5. The gym on Shadeland looks nice.
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Yeah I still have my gym access at CHE...it was ok for $2.50 a paycheck. But I think it just went up to $5. The gym on Shadeland looks nice.

BZN is about twice that I think, but much much nicer from what I hear. I worked at CHE for about 3 years, but never checked out BZ while I was there (that was before I changed my life to get fit)...
  • Pricanma13
    Pricanma13 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I work out at PlanetFitness and also Title Boxing Club
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    JCC. I'm going to try to make a habit of doing a couple of their Pilates classes a week to supplement my running. And swimming is about the only exercise my son likes, so I'd also like to get in the habit of going with him to the pool once or twice a week.
  • Ilb320
    Ilb320 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Monan Center. For all that it has it's pretty cheap.
  • kathyazach
    kathyazach Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm starting at the Koko Fit Club in Noblesville on Saturday...if anyone is interested there's a good deal on Groupon right now. I will probably be going at 6am during the week, so let me know if you want to meet!
  • jobryan4
    jobryan4 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I go to the Pike Y, it's a small Y in an office park and pretty pricey since it isn't a full Y (but the same cost as other branches). It's the closest gym and has what I regularly need. I just wish they had a pool and better variety of programs for both kids and adults. They do a good job of doing what they can with the facilities and use area schools for some of the kids programs. There are plans to build a bigger facility, they've purchased a lot but they haven't broken ground.

Anyone else go to the Pike Y?
  • jgthomas78
    Options
    I work out at Brownsburg Fitness.
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I am most often at Golds gym on Washington & Shortridge, but I can occasionally be found at other gyms, most often Bang Fitness Project on 146th St in Carmel, but I've been to the E Washington St Anytime Fitness and the nearby Planet Fitness as well.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I work out at the Riviera Club, not fancy but peaceful and super nice people. Does anyone go to the Crossfit place in BRip? My husband is campaigning for us to give it a try.
  • ksyn22
    ksyn22 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a membership to Planet Fitness on the south side (County Line Rd). I just need to start going more often~! :-)

~Krista~
  • jsinc363
    Options
    I work out at Riverview Rehab and Fitness in Noblesville and have a personal trainer twice a week. Having a trainer keeps me focused, gives me accountability and I get to learn new machines, boxing etc every session so it doesnt get old.

Since this gym is through the hospital (and open to anyone), the cost is very good and you dont feel like you are in a meatmarket. All age groups go here. I love it !
  • marcykellar
    marcykellar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I work out at Lifetime Fitness on the northeast side 4 or 5 days per week but the time varies. The BodyPump classes are intense and I also use a trainer (but I graduate next week). I just signed up for the 90 day challenge. I love it there.
  • beerylicous
    beerylicous Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am working out at Anytime Fitness. It is a nice gym and its open 24/7 so that is nice. Also, on Mondays and Thursdays Chatard High School has Zumba in the gym for $5
  • mhk0719
    mhk0719 Posts: 255
    Options
    I workout at the Fishers Y. I had been a member of Cardinal Fitness, but it went out of business. I love the Y :)
  • stacifahlsing
    stacifahlsing Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I had a membership for years on the westside at Bally Total Fitness, but it was really going down quickly. About 4 years ago, I switched and really spent A LOT at the Westview Healthplex! It was awesome! Great place... very clean and lots of choices for everyone in my family (twin 8 year olds!) But it cost over $200.00 per month! So I invested in a commercial quality treadmill from craigslist and now run in my living room 5 times per week. : )
  • Ebcanada
    Ebcanada Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Greenwood YMCA. At 82 per month for a family plan I have played with the idea of something new, however we love the classes and programs for our son.
  • shaneeeast
    shaneeeast Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness on 86th st from 3-4a.m. - One of the few good things about working 3rd shift, the gym in the middle of the night. :-)
  • ZumbaLin
    ZumbaLin Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness. The price is right and they have loads of equipment.