What type of EXERCISE are you doing? How much/often?

Options
I'm going to be doing Zumba, Spin and Yoga!

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    i do snow shoeing, kangoo running, fast walking right now in the winter, and 300 sit ups a day, in the summer it all changes,, roller blading, cycling, swimming,,,
  • melodymedlin
    melodymedlin Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I do dancing, cardio max (circuit), walking, stationary bike, this summer i'm adding swimming.
    I exercise 6days a week. 30+ minutes a day. trying to get up 60min. :)
  • chelazar88
    chelazar88 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I dont get as much in as I should...Been trying the 30 day shred (only day 2!!) I have hand weights and do various arm workouts, lots of squats, push ups and sit ups. I also clean up after a 2 year old and if you dont think thats exercising come over to my house on a saturday lol
  • aniloth
    Options
    I have about two miles of walking built into my daily work schedule (public transportation doesn't seem to go within a mile of my job), I also am just about to start the 30 Day Shred again, and hopefully do more than a few sporadic days this time! I'm also looking for some kind of cardio kickboxing, I took a class a few years ago and loved it, but am looking for a good tape now since a gym class really isn't in my budget right now.
  • lilwalt99
    lilwalt99 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a Step Plus Abs class twice a week at my gym. I'm trying out the Kickbox Cardio class tonight and hope to add that to the rotation. I'm signed up for a few 5Ks so I'm trying to get 60 minutes on the treadmill 3 days a week. I just ordered Shred and I want to try that out too. Bascially, I try to mix it up a bit so I don't get bored.
  • MarieCoreaa1
    MarieCoreaa1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Some Zumba, Treadmill-I live in MN and it's very cold and slippery outside so indoor anything. Dance around while cleaning my house works too when I can't do the Zumba videos. Just trying to stay active and motivated :smile:
  • losingmybehind
    losingmybehind Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I do circuit training for upper body 3x a week, and 15-30 min eliptical 5x a week. Just returned to the gym at the beginning of January, and wonder why I ever left, love that place! I'm ready to be involved with a group of focused individuals!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    I love running (just started last fall) right now because of winter I'm running at the gym. Trying to do a 5K 3 - 4 times a week. My other days I lift weights following the New Rules of Lifting for Women. Lunch hours, I walk 2 miles at the mall. I just got a fitbit a couple of weeks ago and I've noticed I"m much more active at work during the week then the weekends (and I have a desk job!) Time to rev up my weekends :smile:
  • keya51
    keya51 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I do beach body's Slim in 6. currently on Ramp it Up which is the 2nd dvd. and I think I will add a 30 minute walk at the end of my day with my daughter. I want to start a running habit so I have included the late afternoon walk.
  • melodymedlin
    melodymedlin Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I dont get as much in as I should...Been trying the 30 day shred (only day 2!!) I have hand weights and do various arm workouts, lots of squats, push ups and sit ups. I also clean up after a 2 year old and if you dont think thats exercising come over to my house on a saturday lol

I have a 3yr old so i'm right there with you. I have a saying cleaning house with a 3yr old is like shoveling snow before it stops snowing! LOL
  • mrzpeep1
    mrzpeep1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I ride my stationary bike and pilates abs when I force myself to actually do it!
  • Kubiastic
    Options
    I normally run. Currently i am recovering from foot injury and am walking at least 30 minutes a day.
  • DianaSkinnyBy30
    Options
    I've been sick for the past couple of months, but this month (Feburary) my goals are no soda, no fast food (other than subway, it's semi healthy, lol), 100 sit-ups, 25 push-ups, and a 2 minute plank every day. I'm also going to be using my WiiFit at least 30 minutes or a Biggest Loser exercise video. I'm in Illinois, and with this weather that doesn't know what it's doing from minute to minute, it's just better to stay indoors.
  • sarrora
    sarrora Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    walking for 7 hours a week
    starting C25k tomorrow
    dancing on just dance 4 on xbox for 3.5 hours a week
    starting insanity tomorrow
    hopefully i'm going to stick to it >_<
  • 7bel0
    7bel0 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    As of right now, I have been going to the gym 3-5 times a week and logging about 45-60 minutes on the treadmill. Starting the 1st of the month, I will be doing Brazil Butt lift (through the month), a plank challenge and a squat challenge. Starting March 1st, I'll be starting up with Insanity. Should be interesting. I just need to stay motivated and focused.
  • jaybird110
    jaybird110 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Treadmill 3-4 times a week right now. I'm such a sissy about the cold, so I don't run outside until it gets warmer.
    Going to make myself start some strength training! I get so bored during though, and think about how I'd rather be doing cardio! :P
  • racerchick31
    racerchick31 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Jillian Michael's dvd's and recently just tried her No More Trouble Zones & loved it! =) Sooo I plan on doing NMTZ 4 days a week and my C25K workout on the other 3 days! =) On C25K days I add a little walk before to warm up my muscles...I found that helps ALOT.
  • kendrafox
    kendrafox Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I usually just do 30-45 minutes on the elliptical 4-6 days a week and alternate days doing some form of weight machine. I want to add videos, something that I can do at home before my shower and bed at night. I have Jillian Micheals 30DS and some others in my archive, but I don't what to start with.
  • acdeno
    acdeno Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Let's see....I'm half way through my HM training.

So, lots of running and walking. I use the elliptical and a stationary bike as a cross train. Past couple of weeks have been off but my weekly goal is to get into the gym for 2-3 strength training workouts a week as well using machines and free weights.

Biggest issue is controling the diet enough and gaining a little more consistency to start dropping the weight and getting off this self creating plateau. It just seems every time I make some progress I fall off the wagon.