Eating Clean

PaveGurl
PaveGurl Posts: 244 Member
Since it's the topic other than yoga that we're all here for, what does "eating clean" mean to you?

To some, it might mean only whole, unprocessed foods. To someone else, it might mean no grains or refined sugars.

So, who all do we have here? What's your interpretation of "clean"? ^__^

Replies

• odonogc
    odonogc Posts: 223 Member
    For me, it's avoiding highly processed foods. I don't go to any fast food joints, but I will eat pizza from a local place. I try to eat fruits, veg, or trail mix for my snacks, and I avoid sugar or any other sweeteners.
  • NeewMee
    NeewMee Posts: 26 Member
    For me, it's avoiding highly processed foods. I don't go to any fast food joints, but I will eat pizza from a local place. I try to eat fruits, veg, or trail mix for my snacks, and I avoid sugar or any other sweeteners.

This! :-)
  • vajrasattva
    vajrasattva Posts: 8 Member
    For me, it's eating whole, unprocessed foods, in addition to no grains or refined sugars. Although every now and then I have some rice with sushi or some air-popped popcorn. :)

When my budget allows (and when it's in season here in cold, snowy MI) I also try to get my food from local, organic sources -- better for the environment and more nutrient-dense foods hitting my plate.
  • PaveGurl
    PaveGurl Posts: 244 Member
    Nice!

(And again, I'm cursing the lack of notifications on board posts. LOL)

I love sourcing my food locally - it makes me feel more in touch with my food when I can visit the farm (which I may not ever do, but knowing I could makes a difference to me)
  • For me its eating things as close to its natural form as possible. Staying away from processed foods and minimising sugars, salts, chemicals and preservatives not naturally occurring within food. I'm not too legalistic about it, i aim to be realistic and live in balance but being mindful and aware of what you are eating means the majority of my diet is "clean" food.

Much Love
    xoxo