BCAA

Options
kkauz42
kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
Hey ladies! Does anyone know much about BCAA's? I got the supplement pack suggested by the program but I have *heard* that the powder that you mix with water absorbs better.

If you know any and have any suggestions please educate me! :smile:

Replies

• juliecarlile
    Options
    I use one that is a powder. The brand is MusclePharm and it is a cherry limeade flavor. SO yummy! I buy it off of allstarhealth.com it is a good price. I didn't know one was better than the other.
  • nmalek1025
    Options
    Does anyone know if BCAAs have any carbs/sugar?I took some the other day and my sugar was so high! I wasn't sure if it was because my body wasn't used to it or what..everywhere I check, BCAAs seem to have no sugar. JW.
  • nmalek1025
    Options
    P.S. unfortunately I think I'll lay off of them until I find a way to regulate my sugar when drinking BCAAs.
  • martinbeks
    martinbeks Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I got the ones that came with the Stack Jamie recommended, and I'm not crazy about them. They're (literally) hard to swallow for me. Next time, I think I'll get the drink mix and pray it tastes like Kool-Aid. :bigsmile:
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I got the ones that came with the Stack Jamie recommended, and I'm not crazy about them. They're (literally) hard to swallow for me. Next time, I think I'll get the drink mix and pray it tastes like Kool-Aid. :bigsmile:

I got the raw ones from GNC. The flavor isn't bad and I really think they help with my DOMS.
  • MrsH2132012
    MrsH2132012 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I dont know about absorption but I went with powder (w/ glutamine) since the cost per bcaa gram is cheaper and don't gave to take 10 pills to get the same amount :)

Now I'm wondering if I should be adding it to my water while working out instead of to my post workout shake...so much to learn ;)
  • lindseymaekeller
    Options
    I swear by my BCAA.. no sugar either! I use a powder and don't use the one jamie suggested because I had already found one I really like. I use Xtend. I think it's grape explosion (doesn't actually taste like grapes.
  • kris0812
    kris0812 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I also got the stack that Jamie recommended. How many of the BCAA pills do yall take? I usually take 2 after my workout but wonder if that's enough??