Weights

leanneakaliz
leanneakaliz Posts: 229 Member
What size weights is everyone planning on using ?

I used 1.5kg first time round so going to try with 3kg but will drop back down to 1.5 for those killer exercises :)

Replies

• bethFromDayton
    bethFromDayton Posts: 112 Member
    I'm considering 1 lb, with the understanding with myself that I can drop to no weights if I need to. Doing it at 80% is better than not doing it at all!
  • MrsHazra
    MrsHazra Posts: 105 Member
    I have 1kg weight (just under a pound) but I felt like they works in some exercises but not with others so will use 3kg weights for the easier one to make it a little harder.m
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    I have used 4 lb weights, still using them.. the workout works well even without weights so don't go too heavy at first.
  • worthyofchange
    worthyofchange Posts: 165 Member
    I used 3 pound weights today (my day 2 of level 1).
    I couldn't keep it going for the last exercise (side lunges) but otherwise it was a good weight for me.
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    I've got 2lbs weights. I have not upper body strength and chronic neck/shoulder problems so I think that's a good amount for me to start with
  • PrincessMissDee
    PrincessMissDee Posts: 183 Member
    Have you ladies started? I just found the dvd I bought on a whim last year but need to pick up my weights from my parents' house.

Is it worth starting without them for a few day or should I have weights from day 1?
  • SilverLotusGirl
    SilverLotusGirl Posts: 537 Member
    I use 5 pound weights
  • JOYOUS62
    JOYOUS62 Posts: 104 Member
    Have you ladies started? I just found the dvd I bought on a whim last year but need to pick up my weights from my parents' house.

Is it worth starting without them for a few day or should I have weights from day 1?

You could always use a couple of tins of soup etc as weights till you get yur proper ones
  • kncvl
    kncvl Posts: 41 Member
    I am using 3lb weights and during the last set of lunges/lifts I really have to push to get them to eye level! I'm thinking though that I may switch to 5lbs for the chest rows and rises or whatever we are doing while lying on the ground, haha.
  • Kmadden316
    Kmadden316 Posts: 9 Member
    I only have 5 lb weights, but that seems to be too heavy for some of the exercises. I'm going to pick up a set of 3lb weights for some of them, and then switch to 5 or 8lb for others.