Day 4

Options
Done !!!!!! feeling much easier today, i dont think i will ever be able to do a proper push up but im ok with the girlie one's, i just have no upper body strength.... bring on day 5 Jillian !!!!!

Replies

• debbie389
    debbie389 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Day 4 done. I'm happy doing the girlie pushups, but still hating jumping jacks. But it is definitely getting easier.

Deb :)
  • kncvl
    kncvl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Day 4, done! Keep going everybody!
  • bethFromDayton
    bethFromDayton Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm still struggling.

For the pushups, I did the first round on my knees, and the second against the wall. But I did finish the first round on my knees.

For the cardio, I still can't do any but the punches all the way through. I march in place to keep moving, but I can't seem to stay at the high impact--probably because of knee and ankle worries.

I have to put my weights down for the second round of squat and press.

On the credit side, I did my workout before work today.
  • momamilkmartin
    momamilkmartin Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I had to take a day off yesterday due to a sick child but i did my day 3 this am, getting better, I am going to really have to push myself.
  • EliseLives
    EliseLives Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm still struggling.

For the pushups, I did the first round on my knees, and the second against the wall. But I did finish the first round on my knees.

For the cardio, I still can't do any but the punches all the way through. I march in place to keep moving, but I can't seem to stay at the high impact--probably because of knee and ankle worries.

I have to put my weights down for the second round of squat and press.

On the credit side, I did my workout before work today.

Kudos to you for sticking with it!!!!! Whoo hoo!!!
  • EliseLives
    Options
    LADIES! TOMORROW IS THE HALF WAY POINT OF LEVEL 1!!!! YAAAAAYYY!
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Day 4.. good god almighty! Will I ever get through all 30 days??? Getting 'slightly' better with the first set of pushups but by the second set I am toast! Cardio is still hard for me. I find the jump rope is killing my quads so I jump from one foot to the other. I figure its still keeping my heart rate up. And the butt kicks are impossible! I discovered today if i hold onto a chair for balance I can get trough them much better.
  • annalisa5525
    Options
    LADIES! TOMORROW IS THE HALF WAY POINT OF LEVEL 1!!!! YAAAAAYYY!

Best news i've heard all day !!!!! :-)
  • bethFromDayton
    bethFromDayton Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Day 4.. good god almighty! Will I ever get through all 30 days??? Getting 'slightly' better with the first set of pushups but by the second set I am toast! Cardio is still hard for me. I find the jump rope is killing my quads so I jump from one foot to the other. I figure its still keeping my heart rate up. And the butt kicks are impossible! I discovered today if i hold onto a chair for balance I can get trough them much better.

I know what you mean about the pushups. I don't go all the way down on the first set--but I only stopped and caught my breath for one push-up worth. OTH, I'm still doing the second set against the wall.

I like the idea of doing the butt kicks with the help of a chair for balance--I'm going to try that.

I think the reason my legs aren't killing me (the way they ought to be) is because I'm not doing the jumping for the cardio. I want to step it up--but don't want to hurt my knees, either. At my weight and age, that's a real issue.

OTH, my abs are feeling it--and I'm finding that part easier.

We're doing it--and no matter how much we struggle, we'll be glad we started....
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options

I know what you mean about the pushups. I don't go all the way down on the first set--but I only stopped and caught my breath for one push-up worth. OTH, I'm still doing the second set against the wall.

I like the idea of doing the butt kicks with the help of a chair for balance--I'm going to try that.

I think the reason my legs aren't killing me (the way they ought to be) is because I'm not doing the jumping for the cardio. I want to step it up--but don't want to hurt my knees, either. At my weight and age, that's a real issue.

OTH, my abs are feeling it--and I'm finding that part easier.

We're doing it--and no matter how much we struggle, we'll be glad we started....
    [/quote

Damn right we are doing it!!! I am sure we won't regret it one bit in 26 days from now!
  • SimplyAG
    SimplyAG Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Did it.
  • fruitcake91
    fruitcake91 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Day 4 done!! :smile: the side lunges are still a struggle!!
  • jjmnet
    jjmnet Posts: 110
    Options
    getting ready to do the video......kind of excited to keep moving!!!
  • kaskielc
    kaskielc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    day 4 done. not going to lie, jillian might have called me out for "phoning it in" but I did it!
  • mandarilla86
    mandarilla86 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Done! =D
  • ronnie1008
    Options
    ha, ha... Day 4 finished, I probably would have been called out, too, during the lunges. Did ok on everything else though and my bicycle crunches are starting to look controlled.

To the people that are excited that we are 1/2 way through level 1... just think what comes next. YIKES!
  • Kmadden316
    Kmadden316 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Finished Day 4 tonight! Some parts are getting easier. Since I can't manage to even do the "modified" pushups, I modified them even more by doing them on the wall. I feel better than when I didn't do them at all.
  • worthyofchange
    worthyofchange Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Completed Day 5 today!
    Push ups getting better (modified) and I managed to do all the side lunges with arm raises. It was a killer though!
    I haven't shown any weight loss this week and I'm hoping it's water weight with all the muscle soreness. I've put in 3 cardio sessions of 50 minutes each besides the 5 days of Jillian. I'm eating within 100 calories of my goal every day.
    Hopefully I'll lose a few pounds when I check in next week :)
  • MrsHazra
    MrsHazra Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Day four some, I am not in constant pain as much and can make it through all the cardio except one rest of 2 seconds on the last set. Push ups are a struggle, I have move to the bench press and am on my toes, it's harder than standing and doing them on the wall. My knees really hurt when I try to do the girls ones so I am hoping I go from the bench straight into proper. Ones. Side lunges also kill I am ok on my legs it's the weights. I have decided t use heavy weight for some of it cause I feel not challenge with my 1 kilo set. I haven't dropped much. Weight but will keep at it. The c25k interval endurance running program has helped me get through the cardio part with ease. I highly recommend it, I don't full sprint either I just jogg my way through the intervals.
  • EliseLives
    Options
    ha, ha... Day 4 finished, I probably would have been called out, too, during the lunges. Did ok on everything else though and my bicycle crunches are starting to look controlled.

To the people that are excited that we are 1/2 way through level 1... just think what comes next. YIKES!

Haha, I have thought of that! That's why my goal is to really improve everyday. I have this terrible fear that if I don't master Level 1 than Level 2 will kill me!