Bulletproof coffee. Who is drinking it? Yes or No

Options
spirit80
spirit80 Posts: 327 Member
Yes here! It is my morning energy drink!

Replies

• kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Options
    I've made it on occasion, but do not have it every day or even every week -- but that reminds me to order more MCT oil !!!
  • courtniemarie
    courtniemarie Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Just only heard of this. Not sure I can justify the cost!
  • GalaxyDuck
    GalaxyDuck Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I have tried it when running short on time in the mornings, but typically I prefer my coffee black and coupled with some bacon and eggs :D
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I keep contemplating switching over, just waiting to make the final commitment. It's definitely superior to my cream but I'm lazy in the morning and I haven't developed an easy way to get full immersion yet. The fat ends up floating on top. It definitely tastes great and makes me feel bulletproof. Now that I think about it, that might be too much positive energy for my work environment!
  • RenfieldX
    RenfieldX Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Yes, I usually have a Bulletproof coffee first thing in the morning on days that I'm working.
  • KristysGonnaGetFit
    Options
    I have one on mornings I don't have time for bacon/eggs and I always put coconul oil in my am coffee at work
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I've tried it, yeah. With pretty much everything, too - butter, coconut oil, olive oil, lard, eggs (okay. I experimented because I'm weird) - and I have to say: not too crazy about it.

I won't deny a small 9g pack of whipped grassfed butter in my black coffee is the ONLY thing I have ever found acceptable to compliment it, besides chocolate of course (I love bitter coffee; I never used nor ever will use sweetener or creamer. Ever), I'd prefer to eat whole food. On days where I don't eat a morning breakfast (ie. everyday) I'd rather just drink my coffee black than load it with butter.
    I dunno. I've never got the boundless energy the coffee is meant to give, nor the satiation. Sure, it's tasty, but I'd rather save that butter for the evening to fry up some eggs, coat a sweet potato with cinnamon or add extra flavour to some steak of ground meat.

Each to their own, I guess.
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Ive done up a few - main problem is I eat breakfast at work - so I can't bring in a blender...and when I have done it at home the added step of a blender just means more things to clean. - I usually just add some coconut oil and a touch of cinnimon

I've tried just adding coconut oil to the coffee without blending it and that was a big mistake
  • monkeydharma
    monkeydharma Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I've always preferred my coffee black - any fat I need I get from the accompanying eggs and bacon.
  • GnaBean
    GnaBean Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Yes here!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Someone mentioned cost. Since changing to primal/paleo, the volume of food that I eat has decreased drastically. Even though I live in an isolated Arctic community and have to fly many things in (coconut oil, MCT, etc) I am SAVING money. Before my high fat primal plan I was spending $1200-1500 per month (one adult, one child) and now I am spending $700-1100. I'm not arguing that the MCT oil, etc isn't expensive, but it's interesting that while my food items cost more, I need less. Perhaps the high quality, high fat items give us more "bang for our buck"? Spend less, get healthier; I love it.
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Every morning! I'm convinced it keeps the hunger at bay.
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Options
    Since I commented on this earlier, I've been thinking about it and ended up making some with dinner -- used Kerrygold butter and Trader Joes Coconut OIl blended with an immersion blender, tasted great!
  • shelleycc
    Options
    Affirmative.

I do bulletproof coffee every morning (dark roast coffee + 1 pat of Kerrygold + 1 Tbl. coconut oil + a teensy-tiny sprinkle of stevia). I buzz it all in my NutriBullet. Eggs scrambled with fresh spinach come an hour or two later.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    So if I choose to try this, how long does it stay blended/emulsified? My habit is to make a cup of coffee and take it to work with me. It can be a good 1/2 hour to an hour before I finish it.
  • spirit80
    Options
    So if I choose to try this, how long does it stay blended/emulsified? My habit is to make a cup of coffee and take it to work with me. It can be a good 1/2 hour to an hour before I finish it.

I take one on the road everyday. It last me a good 30 mins. Blend it up!
  • MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I love it but haven't done in a month. I can do with just butter if I'm out of met oil. You don't have to buy his beans by the way.
  • Tophermak
    Tophermak Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I do every morning....with coffee from my Keurig....tbsp of virgin coco oil....2 Tbsp of coconut milk and 1/8 tsp of stevia....run through the blender and its like a Paleo latte....lol
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I've tried it on occasion, with coconut oil or Kerrygold Butter. I try to use only a small amount, maximum a tablespoon, but more usually a teaspoon. I can't drink black coffee and am still looking for an affordable brand to use. I tried the $18 a pound stuff from the Bulletproof Coffee website and it was pretty good, but it's too expensive for me to keep using.

If I'm going to have something in the morning to help me with IF, I need to look forward to it. I look forward to my skim latte at Starbucks, not BP coffee. I tried adding some sugar-free vanilla syrup from Starbucks, but it's still not what I'd call delicious.

Haven't given up yet, though,and am open to suggestions, especially for coffee.
  • spirit80
    Options
    I've tried it on occasion, with coconut oil or Kerrygold Butter. I try to use only a small amount, maximum a tablespoon, but more usually a teaspoon. I can't drink black coffee and am still looking for an affordable brand to use. I tried the $18 a pound stuff from the Bulletproof Coffee website and it was pretty good, but it's too expensive for me to keep using.

If I'm going to have something in the morning to help me with IF, I need to look forward to it. I look forward to my skim latte at Starbucks, not BP coffee. I tried adding some sugar-free vanilla syrup from Starbucks, but it's still not what I'd call delicious.

Haven't given up yet, though,and am open to suggestions, especially for coffee.

Add a little to your latte. MCT oil has no taste, Butter just a bit...