Couch to 5K

Options

Replies

• amyj000
    amyj000 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I will be starting week 2 day 1. Let's do this!
  • panamakelly
    panamakelly Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I will start tomorrow. Love the challenge
  • davidbronkalla
    davidbronkalla Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Today I will be starting Week 3, Day 1. I never thought that I would actually enjoy running but it is a good stress reliever and I always feel better after the runs.
  • di1428
    di1428 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    yesterday did day one of week one :)

i have a question: i dont have a tech-savy phone and d/l the app to my kindle ..but kindle is kinda
    big to carry around but i like the app tells me when to walk, when to run, etc.
    yesterday did this inside in my house so had the kindle near me to hear the beeps.

any suggestions on how i can time when to walk and when to jog?
  • davidbronkalla
    Options
    If you are doing this indoors on a treadmill and do not want to use a phone/tablet, I would suggest this website: http://www.c25k.com/c25k_treadmill.html

It has all of the times on there of when to walk/jog
  • di1428
    Options
    Today I will be starting Week 3, Day 1. I never thought that I would actually enjoy running but it is a good stress reliever and I always feel better after the runs.

great job!!
  • nevareg
    nevareg Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Starting week6 day 1 today, I'm a little intimidated seeing that I have to start out running for 10 mins straight and then do it again 5 mins later. So I'm kinda scared! It's cool to see so many people doing it also, just keep patient and let your mind wander then next thing you know, it's time to walk ;)
  • racerchick31
    racerchick31 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hello All! Glad I found this on here! I'm on Week 2 Day 2 today! =) I have been doing this inside on the treadmill for now because I hate cold weather....but today doesn't feel tooooo bad outside soooo I may attempt today's "run" outside.

Everyone is doing great! My jogging pace is pretty slow....ok...majorly slow. According to MFP it is more of a very brisk walk than a jog. Hopefully I'll improve with time (& loss lol) :wink:

Happy Running Everyone!
  • di1428
    Options
    completed week1/day 2 and OMG LOL
    jogging for one minute outside is def not the same as jogging in place inside..
    day 1 i did inside and was doable..
    yesterday did it outside and was alot harder........
    cant see how i'll ever manage 30 minutes but thinking positive and taking each day
    each week at a time......

Definetly going to keep at it and give it my best!!
  • robyn0123
    robyn0123 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm a graduate and now working on a 10K program. I hate running on the treadmill so the cold weather has derailed my progress a little but as soon as it gets back into the high 30's I will be right back out there. Until then I do my best to keep up with intervals on the treadmill, swimming, and just added spinning as well. That way when it warms up I should be good to go!
  • davidbronkalla
    Options
    Update - I finished week 3 yesterday and it felt amazing, I was disappointed when the 3 minute jogging sessions were up. I am looking forward to week 4 tomorrow and the 5 minutes of jogging.
  • BluNinjaneer
    BluNinjaneer Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Completed W4D3 yesterday, and was pleased with my endurance. My speed is still well below what is considered competitive, but my goal is simply to jog an entire 5k without stopping.

Fingers crossed that tomorrow goes as well!
  • auto63
    auto63 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I am a late comer....but started today outside 40 degrees. I tried this before and never stayed with it so hoping this time will work through it. If it is cold will do it on the treadmill.

Looks like everyone is doing a great job.

My question is has it helped with the weight loss?
  • Nikipowpez
    Nikipowpez Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I just did W2D2 again this morning. It is definitely getting easier. I think I will only have to spend 2 weeks on W2 instead of the 4 it took me to graduate from W1. It is hard but I'm going to stick with it. I'm going to participate in a 5k by the end of this summer, darn it.

Auto63 - Any cardio will help with weight loss. The big thing for me, I have definitely noticed a difference in my body the past week or so. They say it takes time to notice change. I've been on track losing about 2 lbs a week. Last week I only lost 0.5 pounds, but I also lost 2 inches off of my waist and an inch off of my hips (My backside is definitely smaller and firmer). That is the biggest size difference I've had since I started my weight loss plan.
  • seligcrystal
    seligcrystal Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Its hard for me to get outside and run, but I can get to the gym and use the treadmill, has anyone done the couch to 5k on a treadmill?
  • di1428
    Options
    My update:
    started W2/D1 yesterday..it was hard...but im determined.
    i will be a runner (or jogger lol) by the end of this..
    i dont care my speed just want to be able to run straight thru...

Everyone is doing great!
  • di1428
    Options
    I'm a graduate and now working on a 10K program. I hate running on the treadmill so the cold weather has derailed my progress a little but as soon as it gets back into the high 30's I will be right back out there. Until then I do my best to keep up with intervals on the treadmill, swimming, and just added spinning as well. That way when it warms up I should be good to go!

Congrats on graduating the C25K program and onto the next level!
    just a question for you-- were you active at all when you started this? did you find it easy to get to
    end ?
  • davidbronkalla
    Options
    seligcrystal - I am doing the program on the treadmill currently. Today will be Week 4, Day 3. I set the treadmill to a 1% incline to help mimic running outside.
  • auto63
    auto63 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I just did W2D2 again this morning. It is definitely getting easier. I think I will only have to spend 2 weeks on W2 instead of the 4 it took me to graduate from W1. It is hard but I'm going to stick with it. I'm going to participate in a 5k by the end of this summer, darn it.

Auto63 - Any cardio will help with weight loss. The big thing for me, I have definitely noticed a difference in my body the past week or so. They say it takes time to notice change. I've been on track losing about 2 lbs a week. Last week I only lost 0.5 pounds, but I also lost 2 inches off of my waist and an inch off of my hips (My backside is definitely smaller and firmer). That is the biggest size difference I've had since I started my weight loss plan.

Thanks for the input gives me some inspiration. What is W2D2?
  • di1428
    Options

Thanks for the input gives me some inspiration. What is W2D2?

its the week and day....week 2, day 2.....

the snow storm here in NY put a little dent in my C25K progress..too snowy and icy to do it outside ..but not giving up..