Day 6

Options
Woo hoo day 6 done...... feel stronger today and way more motivated !!!!!!

we can all beat Jillian !!!!!!!

Replies

• debbie389
    debbie389 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Was sooo tired this morning decided to have an extra half hour in bed, but feel really guilty about not doing 30ds before work. Told my daughter to make sure I do it tonight when I get home, before doing anything else. Then will go out for a run before making dinner. Will check in later.
  • MrsHazra
    MrsHazra Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Just about to get started, just putting the kidlets to bed, then I am ready to roll. Feeling a little discouraged cause. Not dropped 0.6kg this week..
  • kncvl
    kncvl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Day 6! My quads hurt less, and my butt hurts more! Haha. Not complaining!
  • bethFromDayton
    bethFromDayton Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm giving it up :-(. The knee pain is too much to continue. I didn't mind the sore abs or shoulders--that was just from using muscles I hadn't been using. But the knee pain is from stressing them too much. I went downstairs this morning to start the DVD and my knees hurt going down the steps.

I'm bummed. I had such good intentions--and was following through.

Any suggestions for a low-impact 20-30 minute workout DVD?
  • EliseLives
    EliseLives Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm giving it up :-(. The knee pain is too much to continue. I didn't mind the sore abs or shoulders--that was just from using muscles I hadn't been using. But the knee pain is from stressing them too much. I went downstairs this morning to start the DVD and my knees hurt going down the steps.

I'm bummed. I had such good intentions--and was following through.

Any suggestions for a low-impact 20-30 minute workout DVD?

Have you ever tried Pilates? I own the really old Windsor Pilates DVD and there is a 15 minute (might be 20) and 45 minute workout on there. You are on the floor a lot if not the entire time and it's a lot of stretching. That may be easier on your knees.
  • EliseLives
    EliseLives Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Day 6 done. Wish I could be happier about it! I just thought I would have mastered the workout by now. Maybe I'm being too hard on myself. Still great to workout everyday to the previous sit on my buns everyday.
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Was sooo tired this morning decided to have an extra half hour in bed, but feel really guilty about not doing 30ds before work. Told my daughter to make sure I do it tonight when I get home, before doing anything else. Then will go out for a run before making dinner. Will check in later.

Same here!! I actually woke up way earlier than my alarm clock. I think my mind was telling me to get up and go do it but my body was having nothing of it! Now I regret it cuz I know by the end of the day I will be tired. Lesson learned
  • bethFromDayton
    bethFromDayton Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm giving it up :-(. The knee pain is too much to continue.

Have you ever tried Pilates? I own the really old Windsor Pilates DVD and there is a 15 minute (might be 20) and 45 minute workout on there. You are on the floor a lot if not the entire time and it's a lot of stretching. That may be easier on your knees.

I ordered some new videos today (and bid on a few sets on ebay that have Pilates in the set.

Someone on another thread said she did dance moves during the cardio instead of the jumping, so maybe after giving my knees a few days of rest, I'll try doing that. I can tell that the abs and strength work are really good for me, and so perhaps a mixed approach of doing my own cardio and her abs and strength will work.
  • LoseSyra
    LoseSyra Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    bethFromDayto: I've had 2 or 3 starts and stops with 30DS, I haven't been able to follow through in part due to lousy knees. Really, before I start a 30DS regime, I should make sure I do my knee exercises (well I guess technically they are excises to strengthen muscles around the knee) religiously. If you haven't been taught those exercises look them up on the internet or better yet get your doc to send you to physical therapy to learn them. I also bought a new pair of sneakers for areobics before I started and even knee socks, all the extra cushioning really helped. Also I take ibuprofen which helps with swelling.

I hope your knees feel better and after they calm down and you get stronger that you'll be able to try the 30DS again. Slow and steady wins the race!
  • fruitcake91
    fruitcake91 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Day 6 done. Glad I done it because I really couldn't be bothered, but felt good for doing it and surprisingly found it easier! Think it's easier when you know what's coming next.
  • SimplyAG
    SimplyAG Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Done for today. Taking another rest day tomorrow, I read thats how its supposed to be done, probably cause its hard on the knees and they need the rest. So I'm taking Sunday and Thursday as rest days. I know that it'll take longer to get through 30 workouts but i dont want to risk an injury. JM reccomends walking on rest days, or so I read. My knees are very sore today.
  • kaskielc
    kaskielc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    day 6 done. 4 more days until my rest day... yes, I'm counting down!
  • worthyofchange
    worthyofchange Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Day 7 is done.
  • ronnie1008
    Options
    EPIC FAIL... Happy hour with the girls... I'm tired, going to get ready for bed, watch a TV show, walk the dog and go to bed.... what a terrible week. Wimpy work out on Monday and Tuesday (did 30DS but nothing else) and was over my calories yesterday. Seriously, will be back in the program tomorrow. UGH...
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Done day 6! I must say that I am pleasantly surprised by how I am seeing improvements, little by little, each day. I was able to get through the last set of cardio without modifying a nothing or stopping at all. A huge improvement for me! And I am getting closer and closer to doing everything straight through with no micro breaks and hardly modifying at all. Well, everything but the push-ups. I still can barely do a girlie one. But I am doing a few which is more than I could do on day one! YAY ME!!! :)...........,,and YAY ALL OF YOU TOO!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • debbie389
    debbie389 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Decided to have a rest day yesterday, was sooo tired. Day 6 completed this morning! YAY Feeling much better for having that break. My plan was to do 10 days straight, then have 1 day off but I don't think my body likes that idea, so going to do it in blocks of 5 with a day off.

You're all doing amazing. :happy: