Lying on an ice pack today

Options
Bookchick887
Bookchick887 Posts: 126 Member
I'm lying on an ice pack this morning as I'm writing this. My FM causes headaches. I think to myself what a day would be like w/o pain - just 24 hours- imagine.
Most if the time I shrug it off or hide it from others. My ex would complain 'You're always sick!' but I wasn't sick and it wasn't my fault.
When you combine FM and PTSD that's a winner.
Sorry, don't mean to sound like a complainer but I don't get to vent much. I've been depressed lately bc of my limitations. I love my library job and also work at an office. I have written 3 novels that I'm preparing for epublishing. I'm a musician and have a concert to do tomorrow. Lately I've been in extreme pain which causes limitations in my guitar playing and I've got to perform tomorrow. It scares me. The thing is, you never know when or where on your body it will strike.
So-weight loss and diet-
I walk when I can and eat healthy most days. It's taken 10 months to lose 18 lbs. I feel bad about that.
Thanks for listening.

Replies

• shreck05
    Options
    Soft (hugs). I hope your flare up lessens for you tomorrow. I don't know if I envy you or feel overwhelmed by all that you are doing with your life. I don't make any commitments as I don't know what my body will be like from day to day. I quit working because of being exhausted and in pain. At first I could bare the pain but the chronic fatigue kept me down. Now its both.

I'm sorry your husband wasn't more understanding. That doesn't make it any easier either. I'm very fortunate, my husband is so supportive and completely gets it.

Depression is a like a bad habit that won't go away for me. It keeps lingering on. When your world turns upside down and its hard to fix even though your trying your best it doesn't help.

I'm always here for support. Don't appoligize for venting, that is why we are here.

Good luck tomorrow. I will pray for a better day for you.
  • Bookchick887
    Options
    Thanks!
    I had a nice nap today which helps. I've got an arm brace I will wear tomorrow for the performance and the adreneline rush will probably help with the pain until after I'm done. I've got an ice pack I'll use between sets.
    It was nice bc I've been in remission for a long time with bearable pain, but with the stress of THE WHOLE YEAR 2012, it's come back with a vengance.
    I never really had to quit working because of the pain, but I wish I could have. I know some people have it so much worse than I do. I was diagnosed in the early 90's I don't remember when exactly. It was weird bc I had so many symptoms, the Dr couldn't figure it out at first. Turns out it was a great combo of PMS/Depression/FM. God, I was a mess.
    What bothers me the most lately is what a friend of mine called 'Fibro-fog' meaning a cloud of confusion that overtakes you and you can't think. It makes me feel stupid and I just stop in the middle of a sentence and can't think of a word. I didn't know it was a FM thing until recently.
    I think that's why I write so much, I feel more comfortable writing than talking any more.
    I'm lucky I don't have IBS or CFS!
    I want to encourage you bc I have been in really bad pain and then came out of it. Slowly, but I did. I started with good nutritional choices, lots of sleep, walking just a little bit at a time, and medication. As the stress lessened in my life, I was able to move more, which caused me to get stronger and that just helped me climb out of the hole of pain.
    I'll let you know how the concert goes,
    Eileen
  • shellux
    shellux Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Just found this group and it consists of friends already. That is always a good start :)
  • Bookchick887
    Options
    Welcome, Shellux. I've only been a member for a little while. I don't see much activity, but every opportunity for support helps.
  • shreck05
    Options
    Ladie I've been posting on "Fibromyalgia, Fodmaps and Dieting" group. It doesn't get much activity either but that is where I've been posting most. =)
  • Bookchick887
    Options
    Thanks, Shreck
  • SabrinaNorton70
    SabrinaNorton70 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new here, and what you said I can totally relate to....the stopping mid sentence not knowing what you were saying I thought wow am I already getting alzheimers....its a relief to know Im not alone- this Fibro kicks my butt and some days it wins other days I win....I feel we have to just keep trying and think if its a bad day that tomorrow can be a better day!

Sabrina
  • Bookchick887
    Options
    I know what you're saying, Sabrina. There are days when I win and days when FM wins, but just like this fight to be healthy and maintain a good weight, there is no giving up.
    When I get a lot of sleep and can walk even just a little, I find my health getting better. Talking with a friend, eating healthy foods, and doing things I am passionate about. These all enhance my life and keep me healthy.
    What do you do to keep the FM away?
  • SabrinaNorton70
    SabrinaNorton70 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    well I have tried a lot to keep FM away lol I sometimes take 3 baths a day bc I find the water helps to relax my muscles, I also have found that if I keep on a regular schedule of sleep (sometimes the insomnia beats me) ...good food and finding a friend to chat about this with is very helpful! :)
  • shreck05
    Options
    Yes, warm water is the best. I have a hot tub and I love it. It is very soothing. I get in morning and night. Sleep is awful. I can be exhausted but the moment I close my eyes I wake up minutes later wide awake. Although I don't feel rested, then add children to the mix that are always on the go. I long for a good night/day sleep. It's nice to have people who understand. :flowerforyou:
  • LizPlus
    LizPlus Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Bookchick so sorry your headaches are so bad....Exercise is out for me for awhile as I have been been having wicked dizzy spells, went to my doc yesterday and she checked my blood pressure..found out when I stand up my b pressure drops...a lot...I blamed it on my new sleeping pill so now I am off them..my doc called last night and wants blood test and EKG..my mom had massive heart attack & died,3 of my brothers died the same way..I am sure it will be ok...It is my blood p pill I thin.
    :ohwell: we will know soon....will miss what little exercise I did do....like Shreck my pain level fr fibro and Chronic pain is high right now...Shreck that hot tub sounds heavenly, sorry you are not sleeping well..that seems to be a big issue with fibro
    Sabrina the multiple baths during the day sounds helpfull..is it hard to get out of the tub for you....Its a killer for me but then I am going uppppp in age:glasses:
    Everybody take care wishing you ALL a pain (less) day:flowerforyou: