Breathless today

Options
Just wondering if anyone can help me figure out what was going on with my body today. I did week 2 run 3 today having done week 2 run 2 yesterday and yesterday was ok. I usually go to the gym about 4pm but it was 5.30pm today, I really struggled, was breathless and didn't enjoy it at all. I'd drunk about 2.5 litres of water today before I went to the gym (and been to the bathroom a million times through the day!) so not dehydrated.

I'm wondering whether my sugar levels were just low as body was closer to wanting dinner (type 1 diabetic), if I'd drunk too much water, should I have taken the rest day? Any thoughts?

Michelle

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. Were you going faster than ordinary? You might want to make sure you take rest days between runs.

To tell you the truth, sometimes it's just like that. For me, 8.1 was an awesome run and I was just slogging though 8.2. I wasn't breathless, but I felt old and slow the whole time.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Yeah either your body is tired...or...it is just one of those days. Even the best runners have them where they are just not "in it." Don't worry, and shrug it off. I would suggest doing it with a rest day in between each day though, so your body can recover.
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I have also had days that come easier and others that have had to really push through. On the days that I struggle a bit, I just slow down and really concentrate on my breathing.
  • wadedawg
    wadedawg Posts: 315
    Options
    Just a thought, but I'd say it was primarily because you tried it on back-to-back days. I was walking on days in between program days and found that it was impacting how I felt while running. I need the day off between runs. And like others mentioned, it could have just been one of those days. I have them too where I just can't get into it and have to slog through it.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Another thing I was thinking - it could be exercise or cold induced asthma. Was it colder than your normal run time?
  • meechster20001
    meechster20001 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your comments folks. Other than time of day I don't think anything else was different...training in gym and jogging at about 8 to 8.4km and then walking at 5km. Perhaps just one of those days....try again tomorrow before my blind date!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Good luck on your date!