Hi Everyone!

Options
chelivia7
chelivia7 Posts: 21 Member
Thought I'd jump in! I'm not really new to MFP although I'm trying to be more active in the community part of it.

I'm 41, married & mom to two beautiful girls. I've never really been overweight although since about age 38, it's shifting...:)
I've been working out for over 12 years but finally trying to get serious with my nutrition. I'd like to lose about 10 lbs & keep it off. My weight fluctuates 2-3 lbs but I seem to be stuck.

I hope to share some inspiration & get some in return. Maybe exchange a few recipes & workout routines. I got to the gym 5 days a week on my lunch hour. I workout at home on the weekends. We, as a family, love to hike & bike when the weather allows.

I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Replies

• Luvmichnata
    Luvmichnata Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hi There, you sound similar to me. I'm 47 with two beautiful girls too and my weight has been stuck! I'm about to start week 3 of the Jillian Michaels Body Revolution so I'm not giving up yet. I do feel like inches have been lost even though my weight seems to be stuck. I hope the next few weeks of working out will trigger some downard movement. I have been very focused on eating better and discovering/trying a lot of healthy foods that I never would have touched before! I have a Trader Joe's near me and have been going more often and checking out stuff that's never been on my plate. I just had a Blueberry Bran muffin for breakfast and looking at it you would think it would be gross but I actually enjoyed it. Also bought some tofu for the 1st time in my life and now have to hide it in a meal that my husband and girls won't know what it is! We will see how that goes!!
  • SuziScott
    Options
    Welcome :)
  • chelivia7
    chelivia7 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

I bought Tofu once. And it sat so long I threw it out unopened. lol If I noticed my clothes fitting better I probably wouldn't be so focused on the scale. Ugh!
  • brewman01
    brewman01 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I've been an MFP junkie for a couple years now. Looking forward to this group of people with similar goals, issues, ideas, and many of us have been down the same road.
    Feel free to add me as a friend!