HRM

Options
kymkan
kymkan Posts: 444 Member
OK, it is time to invest in a heart rate monitor. Suggestions of kinds and brands? I have worked out all of my life and never had one - lol. Any input would help - thank you

Replies

• gatorgirly413
    gatorgirly413 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm really cheap so I spent as little as possible while still realizing I needed a HRM with a chest strap in order to track accurately. I purchased a Pyle Sports Heart Rate Monitor Watch PHRM38PN. The watch is kinda big and awkward, but it works and is accurate. The chest strap fits comfortably under the bottom lip of my sports bra. I got it for $25 on Amazon.
  • jg4ever
    jg4ever Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar Ft4 and LOVE it. I had a Timex before but noticed it wasn't giving me an accurate burn so I got a Polar and would buy another one. So glad that I bought it. I got mine on Amazon but can't remember how much I spent on it. I know it was less than $100. Good luck. Go to amazon and look up reviews that I what I do all the time when looking for something that I'm not sure about.
  • ShannonECTD
    ShannonECTD Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Polar FT60!!!
  • jelav102
    Options
    I had Polar FT7 and changed recently for a FT60: Best purchase EVER! You get all the features of FT7 plus a personal program manager (Star training program).

I am curently doing JMBR and I use other fitness activities to complete the weekly weight loss program proposed by my HRM and it works fine!

It also tells you in what HR zone you are working out.

If you don't plan on using the Star training system, you should get the FT7, as it is cheaper.
  • cristino1985
    cristino1985 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have a polar ft7 which I really like but my husband has a sunto m4 which I am jealous of, it looks a lot nice, less chunky, does everything my polar does and more and wasn't that much more expensive, it gives a guide of exactly how much to work out for each day when to take rest days and tells him if he has done a good job in his workout!
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your help guys! :) time to start shopping