Whey Protein - Holland and Barrett

Options

Replies

• ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    £85 for 4.5kg is cheap?!!!!

You guys need to get involved with some of the bulk suppliers. My current recommendation is for The Protein Works, you can buy 4kg of 80% whey £51.99, and they'll throw in a free shaker.

TBH I wouldn't buy off the high street, not only for price, but also for the reason that they tend to be higher in sugar, and lower in protein. Most of the decent online bulk suppliers show you their independent analysis certificates too.

As well as the guys above, there is also Bulkpowders, MyProtein (decent products, but terrible customer service - you've been warned!), Maxiraw and a few others, so plenty of choice.

If you do go with the protein works, I recommend the cherry bakewell flavour, it's literally the best protein I've ever tasted, and if you use the voucher code DB2146 you can get 750g of protein in a flavour of your choice for free, if you spend £10. That way you can play it safe, buy £10 of a conventional flavour and then try a new flavour for free, before committing to a huge supply.

Finally, just to say, I'm not affiliated to any of these places, just have used a lot of different companies in my time.

Thanks for this - just ordered some Cherry Bakewell from Protein Works and getting a 750g of Banana Smooth free. Thank you - I hope it's nice.

Edited: sorry guys, codes are against the forum rules. Dotti.

x
  • spongeh
    spongeh Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I suppose it depends on if you like cherry ... tbh personally just the thought of cherry bakewell flavoured whey makes me wanna blow chunks LOL!
  • HelloDan
    HelloDan Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I suppose it depends on if you like cherry ... tbh personally just the thought of cherry bakewell flavoured whey makes me wanna blow chunks LOL!

Really?
    It's genuinely the best flavour protein I have tasted. Butterscotch ripple is also quite nice.
  • spongeh
    Options

Really?
    It's genuinely the best flavour protein I have tasted. Butterscotch ripple is also quite nice.

Really ... yup I dislike cherry, not knocking the company and I may give them a go cos butterscotch sounds lush :smile:
  • AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I tend to shop at monster supplements because i find them fairly reasonable on price and they have a shop here in Hull. But theproteinworks.com is very cheap too.

You can get small one pouch samples of most products i would recommend grabbing some of those to see which taste you can agree with most.
  • HelloDan
    Options
    Really ... yup I dislike cherry, not knocking the company and I may give them a go cos butterscotch sounds lush :smile:

Dunno why, I've just never known someone not like cherry flavour before, especially so violently. All kinds of other things, just never that.

Saying that, I like strawberries, but I've never found a strawberry flavour protein shake that I didn't find absolutely disgusting!
  • SydneyBristowe
    Options

Thanks for this - just ordered some Cherry Bakewell from Protein Works and getting a 750g of Banana Smooth free. Thank you - I hope it's nice.

Edit: I just got a code if anyone wants it: Sorry guys, codes are against the forum rules.

x

Cheers! just signed up using your code so hopefully you'll get something snazzy for that!
  • AverageUkDude
    Options

Dunno why, I've just never known someone not like cherry flavour before, especially so violently. All kinds of other things, just never that.

Saying that, I like strawberries, but I've never found a strawberry flavour protein shake that I didn't find absolutely disgusting!

just used your referall code too. hope were building up some nice store credit for you ;)
  • HelloDan
    Options

just used your referall code too. hope were building up some nice store credit for you ;)

LOL! Cheers, it's win-win because you get free protein too. Post your code up, and then the next person can use that.

My motivation was to recommend a decent protein and a decent company as I've been shafted by some others before, not collect as many referrals as possible, so happy for anyone else who signed up to put their codes here too.
  • HelloDan
    Options
    Meant to add, if anyone has ordered the lemon shortcake or apple cinnamon, please post a review of what it was like, as I haven't tried these flavours yet, but was tempted to give them a go next time I order.
  • Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I got some from maximuscle last week - they had 40% off
  • SydneyBristowe
    Options

LOL! Cheers, it's win-win because you get free protein too. Post your code up, and then the next person can use that.

My motivation was to recommend a decent protein and a decent company as I've been shafted by some others before, not collect as many referrals as possible, so happy for anyone else who signed up to put their codes here too.

Good idea :) if anyone feels so inclined my referral code is (sorry guys, codes are against the forum rules)

And I'll second HelloDan's request for reviews too - I was torn between Lemon Shortcake and Butterscotch ripple for my freebee, and plumped for butterscotch in the end, so would love to hear what people think of the lemon!
  • spongeh
    Options
    ooo let me know what the butterscotch tastes like please :smile:
  • HelloDan
    Options
    Good idea :) if anyone feels so inclined my referral code is

And I'll second HelloDan's request for reviews too - I was torn between Lemon Shortcake and Butterscotch ripple for my freebee, and plumped for butterscotch in the end, so would love to hear what people think of the lemon!

I have the butterscotch, vanilla and cherry bakewell (I get through this stuff quickly!). I've only used the butterscotch a couple of times so far, as I'm obsessed with the cherry bakewell, but it was really nice. I haven't used the vanilla in a shake yet, as I mainly use it for making pancakes and suchlike.
  • ChristineDiet
    Options

Edit: I just got a code if anyone wants it:

x

Cheers! just signed up using your code so hopefully you'll get something snazzy for that!

Thanks for using the code - yep as someone said, I get bonus points and you get a free protein (10 serving) sachet, so win win!

Just wanted to stop by and tell you what I thought:

Delivery, I chose 3-5 days (it was the cheapest £1.99) but as long as you get your order in before 4pm you get it the next day, so save some pounds and don't book it for next day delivery.

I opted for the 'fat loss & muscle gain' section and ordered 1kg of cherry bakewell whey 90 isolate @ £24.99 (that's 40 servings) and if you order 1kg or more you get a free shaker. I tried the shake this morning and it is taste like a sweet cherry yogurt (to me it does anyway). The best thing about it is it mixed up brilliantly, I mixed it with water to see what it would be like - no lumps 'at all'!!! Maybe it's the little metal spring/whisk thing you get in the shaker that help, but there was absolutely no lumps at all.

Taste - like I mentioned before, sweet, not overly sickly though, and no weird after taste.

so far I am impressed. I just opened up another account for my son (clearly I had to suggest a referral first - £5 credit to my account - thank you) and ordered him the choc mint brownie, chocolate silk and get a free butterscotch ripple.

My free sample is banana smooth - but haven't tried it yet.

I will definitely order again from these - thanks HelloDan for the recommendation.

Edit to say: Another bonus I found with this protein shake is it's half the calories than my 'Diet USN' which was 193 cals per serving (25g - 25g protein), this is 92 cals per serving (25g - 24g protein) - ok it's 1 less gram of protein but it's less than half the cals and lower in fat and carbs too. x
  • ChristineDiet
    Options

Edit: I just got a code if anyone wants it:

x

Just thought I'd update - I had the Banana Smooth this morning, and wow I love it, more than the cherry bakewell, if you like banana milkshake this is for you, tastes just like a proper milkshake and I made it with milk. x
  • AverageUkDude
    Options
    Yup if anyone is inclined, my referral code:

MFP users rock ;)
  • lucycaz
    lucycaz Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi

I make my own shakes as can't stand most of the over sweet flavours

I blend the best quality unflavoured protein powder I can get with frozen berries and a little hazelnet or almond milk comes out thick like a McDonald's milkshake

For a change of flavour I add cinnamon powder or some 100% chocolate I have found and if I need extra fat I add coconut oil

This way I miss on all the artificial sweeteners and additives and it tastes great too

Lucy
  • sin485
    sin485 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    strawberry flavour isnt bad but had bad effects on my digestive system
  • LilMissDB
    Options
    Sorry guys, I try not to edit too many threads. I know it wasn't your intention but the codes breach MFP's no advertising policy.

Dotti x