Plank challenge anyone???

Options
I know we started off doing 30 second planks last week, was wondering if anybody would like to add this to the everyday workouts, just to see how long we can go by the end of the month? I know right now I can hold for about 45 seconds but wouldn't it be awesome if that turned into a 5 minute hold by the end of this month? I thought this would be fun! Let me know what y'all think!

Replies

• livelifenow91
    livelifenow91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    i'd love to!!! ideas on how?
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Time yourself everyday in the plank position, record your times and try to improve everday. We can post times here and see how far we get by the end of the month.
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a plank and burpees challenge on Facebook so this coincides with that! I'm in!
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a plank and burpees challenge on Facebook so this coincides with that! I'm in!

I'm in. I'm up to a full minute! Oh how I hate the planks! Have you tried the high and low plank exercise it really does help strengthen your core and arms and chest!

We did wall sits the other night in Fitness class at my church. Good night those are killers!
  • jmsouth5
    jmsouth5 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    This sounds good. Last night I did planks with a salute..... In plank position, on hands not on forearms, and then touch the opposite shoulder. Also added bringing the knee to the elbow at the same time as the salute. Really tough, felt good.
  • jmsouth5
    Options
    This sounds good. Last night I did planks with a salute..... In plank position, on hands not on forearms, and then touch the opposite shoulder. Also added bringing the knee to the elbow at the same time as the salute. Really tough, felt good.

Just did one minute. Also workin' on another challenge here with hip extensions, BOOM, done!
  • jmsouth5
    Options

Just did one minute. Also workin' on another challenge here with hip extensions, BOOM, done!

Another one down. :bigsmile:
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I got out 45 seconds today, I waited until after working so my arms were jello-ish but I figured thats when its hardest so it's worth the most!
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    I'm in, sounds great!
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I can only do 15 seconds right now, my arm strength is AWFUL.
  • livelifenow91
    Options
    i just did 1 minute. off, shaking and terrible, but i did it nonetheless!
  • TodayYesterday
    TodayYesterday Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Planks make my lower back sore. I try to keep my abs tight & yet still breath - which is hard. Any suggestions?
  • livelifenow91
    Options
    I do my planks on my hands, as if I'm doing a push-up but not going down... is it better to do them on your elbows? is that what i should be doing?