W1D1

Options

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Anyway first day went bad. I have been regularly going to the gym since last October, every other day. So I know I have improved in some areas but not so much with the cardio. I am probably going to re-do day one since I feel I did so badly. But I am sticking with it so I don't kill myself running in April!

What do you mean by "bad"? If you walked when they said walk and jogged when they said run and completed the entire run, you did great! There were some days that I was basically jogging in place by the end. I continued on to the next day and am now on week 7. This is not to say that you shouldn't repeat a day if you want to - the rules say that this is your program to handle as you choose - but I wouldn't treat repeating a day as a penalty for not doing well.
  • aubdavisniu
    Options
    I'm starting tonight when i get off work! Good luck to everybody! :)
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I took up running as I hate team sports and love the fact that (unless you enter races) you are not competing with anyone but yourself.

Even if you enter races, you're not really competing with anybody but yourself :)

Ha ha! You are absolutely right.
  • RawTriGal
    RawTriGal Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I DID IT!!!!! WooHOO!!!!
  • alegna1975
    alegna1975 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Anyway first day went bad. I have been regularly going to the gym since last October, every other day. So I know I have improved in some areas but not so much with the cardio. I am probably going to re-do day one since I feel I did so badly. But I am sticking with it so I don't kill myself running in April!

What do you mean by "bad"? If you walked when they said walk and jogged when they said run and completed the entire run, you did great! There were some days that I was basically jogging in place by the end. I continued on to the next day and am now on week 7. This is not to say that you shouldn't repeat a day if you want to - the rules say that this is your program to handle as you choose - but I wouldn't treat repeating a day as a penalty for not doing well.

I mean bad as in I could only run every other time I was supposed to run. And I am not treating it as a penalty to redo the day, it's getting myself up to where I can make it through the regime for that day.
  • kvossandrews
    kvossandrews Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I DID IT!!!!! WooHOO!!!!

Wow good work.

Did you like it?

how did it feel afterwarsds?
  • kvossandrews
    Options

I mean bad as in I could only run every other time I was supposed to run. And I am not treating it as a penalty to redo the day, it's getting myself up to where I can make it through the regime for that day.

Does not matter how you did it. You still got off the couch and went and got some exercise. Be happy within for that. It takes time and if you know for within you did the best you could that is even better.
    just take it at your pace. Maybe you are trying to go to fast.. Dont give up you will get there..

:happy:
  • alegna1975
    alegna1975 Posts: 16 Member
    Options

Does not matter how you did it. You still got off the couch and went and got some exercise. Be happy within for that. It takes time and if you know for within you did the best you could that is even better.
    just take it at your pace. Maybe you are trying to go to fast.. Dont give up you will get there..

:happy:

Not saying I am unhappy with doing it. I am just being honest in that it went badly. No reason to not be honest and admit it.
  • 1ocean1girl
    1ocean1girl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tonight when i get off work! Good luck to everybody! :)

Its my first day also! Im kinda nervous and excited. I know its gonna be crazy difficult but I NEED to do this, for me. I've always wanted to be a runner. So when I get off work Im gonna put my little one in her stroller and start this challenge. My goal is to be able to run a 5k by March 17th - race for the cure day. I want to run for my mom, my rock and in memory of my Tia :heart:
  • BigBigBertha
    BigBigBertha Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I DID IT!!!!! WooHOO!!!!

Just did my first day today too! How did you get on?
  • kvossandrews
    Options
    W1D2

All went well this morning,

I woke up earlier than I should and that is a bonus, as it has taken my three months to make it out of bed early at all.

I had different pants on today so I didnt have to hold them and keep them up.

I went about .5kms more than D1.

Feeling good and looking forward to my D3......

:wink:

W1D3

It was a lot harder to get out of bed this morning. I did it and off I went. Much more organized on the third day. Music was set. MFP was set and off I went. I went a little further this time as well. 3.6km I’m really trying to work more on getting to the finish line than worry about how far I get.

Well 2 day break from it but I’ll still walk like I normally do. It’s a public holiday here on Monday so that will make it that much harder to get it done. I wonder if I can do W2D1 tomorrow morning than have sun and Monday off? But then it will spoil my mon wed fri routine I love so much. Just have to be strong about and just do it.

I am most looking forward to seeing how week 2 goes.

Happy long weekend all :tongue:

W2D1
    Wow public holiday raining and windy and I still managed to get out of bed and go for my jog/walk.
    I really believe this time I have something different going on inside my head. The scales are now a once in a three month thing.
    I got to the stage of getting on them every day and was just playing mind games with me.
    I'm feeling much better and when I look in the mirror it is so much easy to smile when I don't have numbers in my head telling me how bad I am.
    Today's walk/jog was not easy but it is done and I'm looking forward to the next one. It's so nice to feel good for a change and it has nothing to do with scales.
    No longer will they rule my life. So I'll be back on Wednesday to write how it went...

W2D2

Was hard to get out of bed this morning. I really need to get to bed earlier. I feel so good after I have done my walk/jog its just getting out there and doing it.

Louie the fly decided to come with me today. It was very frustrating and kept bugging me for at least 10 mins of the walk. Nearly ate him twice and went up my nose once. Mind you the ten minutes that I was shuing this fly away went so fast.

I’m looking forward to Friday for the last one of Week 2. I know that next week it gets a little bit harder but I’m ready for it.

Time really does go fast.
  • kvossandrews
    Options
    W1D2

I woke up earlier than I should and that is a bonus, as it has taken my three months to make it out of bed early at all.

W1D3

It was a lot harder to get out of bed this morning. I did it and off I went. Much more organized on the third day. Music was set. MFP was set and off I went. I went a little further this time as well. 3.6km I’m really trying to work more on getting to the finish line than worry about how far I get.

Well 2 day break from it but I’ll still walk like I normally do. It’s a public holiday here on Monday so that will make it that much harder to get it done. I wonder if I can do W2D1 tomorrow morning than have sun and Monday off? But then it will spoil my mon wed fri routine I love so much. Just have to be strong about and just do it.

W2D1
    Wow public holiday raining and windy and I still managed to get out of bed and go for my jog/walk.
    I really believe this time I have something different going on inside my head. The scales are now a once in a three month thing.
    I got to the stage of getting on them every day and was just playing mind games with me.
    I'm feeling much better and when I look in the mirror it is so much easy to smile when I don't have numbers in my head telling me how bad I am.
    Today's walk/jog was not easy but it is done and I'm looking forward to the next one. It's so nice to feel good for a change and it has nothing to do with scales.
    No longer will they rule my life. So I'll be back on Wednesday to write how it went...

W2D2

Was hard to get out of bed this morning. I really need to get to bed earlier. I feel so good after I have done my walk/jog its just getting out there and doing it.

Louie the fly decided to come with me today. It was very frustrating and kept bugging me for at least 10 mins of the walk. Nearly ate him twice and went up my nose once. Mind you the ten minutes that I was shuing this fly away went so fast.

I’m looking forward to Friday for the last one of Week 2. I know that next week it gets a little bit harder but I’m ready for it.

W2D3

Was good getting out of bed early today. I struggled a bit with today. I think it was because of the 7.5km I walked last night. I think im going to give this one an other try tomorrow morning just so I can be confirdant that I have can do it and move on to Week 3 on monday. :smile:
  • kvossandrews
    Options
    W1D2

W1D3

W2D1

W2D2

W2D3

Was good getting out of bed early today. I struggled a bit with today. I think it was because of the 7.5km I walked last night. I think im going to give this one an other try tomorrow morning just so I can be confirdant that I have can do it and move on to Week 3 on monday. :smile:

W3D1

Was really hard to get out of bed today. I was lucky enough my partner made me do it. At the time I was not so happy with the shining of the light but once up and dressed and out the door I was so happy that they got me out of bed.
    In alot of ways it was harder but in a different way it was easier. Jog for three mintues was a killer but only had to do that twice and by the second time I was fine and waited for the third one but there is no third run for 3 mins. I feel that I cheated with out cheating. For the cool down I walked a min and joged a min then did added a cool down.I enjoyed it and loved the new challange but it just does not feel right. Im sure there is a reason why they dont push that hard on the third week and Im sure once I start week 4 I will want week 3 back.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    If you have found your running pace, you should be fine for week 4. If you are going too fast, the program will let you know to slow down :)
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I am on W5D1 today and never thought I would make it this far! Main thing to remember is slow and steady. Best if luck to you!
  • kvossandrews
    Options
    W1D2

W1D3

W2D1

W2D2

W2D3

W3D1

Was really hard to get out of bed today. I was lucky enough my partner made me do it. At the time I was not so happy with the shining of the light but once up and dressed and out the door I was so happy that they got me out of bed.
    In alot of ways it was harder but in a different way it was easier. Jog for three mintues was a killer but only had to do that twice and by the second time I was fine and waited for the third one but there is no third run for 3 mins. I feel that I cheated with out cheating. For the cool down I walked a min and joged a min then did added a cool down.I enjoyed it and loved the new challange but it just does not feel right. Im sure there is a reason why they dont push that hard on the third week and Im sure once I start week 4 I will want week 3 back.

W3D2

Got out of bed on my own. Was ready for this one. Im not sure I like it at all. When Im finished the jog I really feel I have not put in enough. Im sure next week will be more challanging.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    The program will pick up, but you might try pushing yourself just a little more if you're feeling like you're leaving too much on the table. You can back off a little bit later when the runs get longer if you need to.
  • lilmiss_sunshine29
    lilmiss_sunshine29 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fitness4me33860
    fitness4me33860 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just completed week 1 and I think I am hooked! I normally use the elliptical and walk on the treadmill. But since I found the app, I havent touched my elliptical! lol!

Day 1 was hard, I could barely walk the next day..but by run 2 I was looking forward to my run! Who woulda thunk it? =)

Has anyone thought of doing the same run back to back? Like, repeating the same run? I ask because I am used to getting an hour of cardio per day , but not sure if I should do it.

Thoughts?
  • kvossandrews
    Options
    I just completed week 1 and I think I am hooked! I normally use the elliptical and walk on the treadmill. But since I found the app, I havent touched my elliptical! lol!

Day 1 was hard, I could barely walk the next day..but by run 2 I was looking forward to my run! Who woulda thunk it? =)

Has anyone thought of doing the same run back to back? Like, repeating the same run? I ask because I am used to getting an hour of cardio per day , but not sure if I should do it.

Thoughts?

I always do more each time. I run and mintue then walk a min until I have done what I will is great for me....
    Im really enjoying the program but yes Im about to start week 4 so I might not be able to do that when it gets harder.
    I also walk at night so I do about 8km on a C25K say and I do 6kms on a non C25K. I would say to go at what you feel good with. Just dont crash and burn. I think of it as wanting to say I finished and now can jog/run the full 5kms...:happy: