Pain

Options
LizPlus
LizPlus Posts: 117 Member
Hi, I have found this month so painful..and not being able to exercise as much as I want is keeping and going over lbs. I blame some on the weather...it is a deep freeze here this month..snostorm last night and today...it is going to be a read book and catch up on my email kind of day perhaps even wknd.
Found out last night my sister has lung cancer..it is hard..we grew up together....just hoping to soon hear how far it has gone and the time she has.....anyway I wish you all a pain less day..and a great wknd...
Take Care!!
Liz

Replies

• shreck05
    Options
    Liz, I'm sorry to read of your sister's news. Praying for you and your sister and your family for better health. I hope it's not far and they can treat it. I know the stress of the news isn't going to help your pain level either. Don't worry about exercising. Keep logging your food and rest.

Praying for you, my friend. soft ((hugs))
    Dena
  • Bookchick887
    Bookchick887 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Well bless your heart, life is difficult for you now. Just keep logging in, you need your support now more than ever.
    I managed to lose my weight from diet and very little exercise. I try to walk twice a week but don't make it most weeks. Sometimes because of time limits sometimes because of pain.
    Try your best not to eat your emotions, though I know it's hard. Do your best and let us know how it's going.
  • LizPlus
    Options
    Thanks SO much ladies..your support is needed and appreciated...God Bless You both !!! <3
  • shreck05
    Options
    Hi Liz.
    I have been thinking of you and your sister in law. How is she doing? Have you heard how far the cancer is? I read in the other post that you are having problems with your bp. I hope the doctors figure out if it is your meds that is the culprit.

I've been feeling alright. I think the anti-inflammatory meds are helping. Last night I took a Tylenol PM. This morning I didn't want to get out of bed. I slept well but like I said I don't want to get up now. This is one of the reasons why I don't like sleep aids. I took ONE pill at 10pm. I got up at 6am to get my kids ready for school and put them on the school bus at 6:35 then I was back in bed at 7. I don't normally fall back to sleep but today I did. I woke up at 9. I like to watch the new in the morning. I missed it today. I hope the sleep helped my body although I still feel tired. :yawn:

Thinking and praying for you and your family. May your day be pain free!
  • LizPlus
    Options
    Hi Ladies, First..Thank you SO much for caring...it really helps to get thru this...my sister missed her apointment with the cancer dr because she was at another hospital having a stint put in for her kidney..she ran a fever so she is still in there...now another has to be rebooked..she is so down, an important trip to her cancer doc and they did this first...every time she has a procedure done her fever spikes and bp goes down...she thinks by Tuesday she will get home to the nursing home where she is because she doesn't take care of herself, she is only 58.
    I am waiting to hear back from my blood tests..trying to see why my bp drops when I stand up....a good reason to set or lye down and read or sleep.....just too much running around in my noggin..Take Care My Friends!!
  • mumnpets
    mumnpets Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi LizPlus, My daughter who has ME has had tests for low blood pressure.like you it would drop when she stood up or sometimes even when she was walking around the supermarket,it would cause her to faint(she did this once while walking to the kitchen with a glass in her hand resulting in cuts all up her arm)she would also get a racing heart. She had blood tests ,heart monitors and a tilt table test which resulted in the diagnosis of postural hypertension. Postural Hypertension is a medical condition where blood pressure falls rapidly after the body changes position most commonly occurring after standing up after sitting for long periods of time. It is also known as orthostatic hypertension or postural hypotension. Patients with postural hypertension experience symptoms of low blood pressure when the condition occurs.

Postural Hypertension is quite common among the elderly and doctors regularly see symptoms in patients as young as their mid 30′s.(My daughter is only 21) The medical definition of postural Hypertension is a systolic blood pressure drop of 20mmHg or a drop in diastolic pressure of 10mmHg within 5 minutes of standing up from a prolonged lying or seated position.
    People that have postural Hypertension often experience symptoms immediately upon a body position change. Common occurrences are getting out of bed or bath, standing up from a seated position, or getting into a car.

Dizziness, fainting, confusion, blurred vision, and a sensation of head rush are symptoms. It is also possible to experience delayed postural Hypertension where the symptoms don’t occur until several minutes after the change in position.
    My daughter manages her condition by drinking lots of water and taking more salt in her diet and by getting up at a slower pace,it doesent stop the symptoms completley but they are greatly improved. Dont know if this is what you will have but its worth keeping it in mind.
  • LizPlus
    Options
    Hi Mumnpets, I am so sorry your daughter is going thru this.... I have dizzy spells even moving my head up and down..really frustrating..I have a great doc and she sent me for tests..should get the results when I see her this week.
    Thank you for letting me know about this..I appreciate it very much!!!! :flowerforyou:

Take Care!!