Anyone else having a tough first day??

Options

Replies

• Trista87Marie
    Trista87Marie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Day one was pretty bad. I learned that I need to by a better bra to workout in to keep the girls in place when doing the jumping jacks, so I jogged in place for those. Plus my modified push ups were SUPER modified. So glad I made it all the way to the end. Mostly. I may or may not have laid on the floor gasping "I can't, I can't" during the bicycle crunches! Keep up the great work everyone!!
  • tbcass
    tbcass Posts: 23
    Options
    I learned that I need to by a better bra to workout in to keep the girls in place when doing the jumping jacks, so I jogged in place for those.

I've learned that wearing two helps if the "girls" bounce a lot! :-)
  • BGM325
    BGM325 Posts: 78
    Options
    Well, pain and sweat aside, I am super excited to do this! Can't wait for the "after" stats!

Agreed! The excitement I feel is beating out my pain & soreness. LOL! (So far) :tongue:
  • BGM325
    BGM325 Posts: 78
    Options
    So glad I'm not the only one that was huffing & puffing through it! I took my before pics & took my measurements, now I will TRY to hold off on measuring again till at least day 5 or 7. (Or 3, LOL!) The worst for me were the pushups & crunches. Need to work on those. I will definitely be following mostly Anita. :blushing: Good Luck to all!!!
  • camilla48
    camilla48 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I agree with many of the posts. I did it before a year or so a go and remembered it was hard, but was still surprised by how out of shape I am. The push ups were definitely the worst.
  • untouched55
    untouched55 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow (I always have to start new things on Mondays for some reason!). You guys are scaring me! I have yet to even open up my video, but tomorrow morning, it's on! Anyone incorporation any other exercises in with the 30DS? Like Zumba?

31954734.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • JFP77
    JFP77 Posts: 50
    Options
    i took my before shots but didnt bother to measure for me the proof will be in how my trousers fit me i am not gonna post my pics tho purely for me lol but i thought a really motivating idea for me will be to take another lot of shots when i start level 2 then again when i start level 3 and then finally finish to really see the progression i thought would be a real motivator
  • kamiAK
    kamiAK Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I just did day 5...and i am now able to do even more...still doing all the ~easier~ moves but all the way though and with more intensity.
  • JFP77
    JFP77 Posts: 50
    Options
    and yes i want to incorporate zumba on the xbox into my routine however for now that aint gonna happen i found it really tough yesterday and my knees are bad right now because i have crohns and it messes with my joints but im hoping after the first week of this i will include zumba three times a week or at least build up to it
  • untouched55
    Options
    Yeah I have it on PS3, was wondering if the 20 min alone on 30 DS would be enough for one day, maybe it would even help with the muscle soreness/stiffness (that's a long shot,but, maybe?) Of course I'm no fitness nut, I do zumba like a caffeinated snail - the motivation is there, just can't convince my body to go along with it! You probably got the right idea building up to it, better to not do too much all at one time.
  • april1445
    Options
    So, I'm a day behind, but just finished. JM is crazy motivating. I love that someone is finally calling bull**** on the just "take the stairs" thing.
  • GonnaBFit2510
    GonnaBFit2510 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Just done my first session and god did that make me feel sick lol, really am hoping it gets easier!!
  • untouched55
    Options
    I felt sick too, good to know it's not just me!
  • GonnaBFit2510
    GonnaBFit2510 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I felt sick too, good to know it's not just me!

Ah that's good to know, I was wondering if I had done something wrong lol. Hope I don't feel like it every time as I've got two little ones on school holidays that need entertaining too this week. It was quite funny as they we're trying to do it with me lol.
  • Jribeiro86
    Jribeiro86 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    i took my before shots but didnt bother to measure for me the proof will be in how my trousers fit me i am not gonna post my pics tho purely for me lol but i thought a really motivating idea for me will be to take another lot of shots when i start level 2 then again when i start level 3 and then finally finish to really see the progression i thought would be a real motivator

Same here! I'm trying to break myself out of the focus on numbers, relying more on how I look and feel.

And YES, Day 1 was borderline self-abuse for me. :/ I've taken too much time off because of personal reasons and INSANE soreness in my thighs, but I want to start it up again either tonight or tomorrow morning for Day 2. I just hate explaining to my trainer at the gym that I can hardly move because I was doing what Jillian told me, haha.
  • cindylmanly
    cindylmanly Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Day one under my belt and yes....it kicked my butt! But I am motivated and ready for day 2!!!!! I measured and took pics too!
  • tbcass
    tbcass Posts: 23
    Options
    Just did my first workout to 30DS! Holy crap! I thought I was getting more in shape - this just put me in my place!!! Can't wait till this is easy - that means I'm doing something right! Love this group! It's so comforting knowing that I'm not the only one struggling.

Did anyone else get pains in their feet - or was that just me? It made the jumping jacks harder. Might just be me and my stupid flat feet :-( Good luck everyone!!
  • Tootce01
    Tootce01 Posts: 184
    Options
    I am on Level 2, Day 3 of the shred, it does get easier, I promise!! I'm almost 50 and way out of shape but I have been pushing myself through it! I do a lot of modified moves, the jumping jacks and jump ropes about killed me, I would jog in place half-way through but it did get better by the end of level 1. Just have to keep moving!

I have done it every day no matter how sore I was (my poor leg still aches and aches!), by day 4, it was much easier! I'm afraid I won't be able to do it tonight, boss is coming in town, hate to mess up this 12 day roll but if I miss today, I'll get back to it tomorrow. Think the results will be worth it!!

If this old lady can do it, you can too! Keep up the good work!! :happy:
  • Ange0NZ
    Ange0NZ Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Anyone incorporation any other exercises in with the 30DS? Like Zumba?

My typical week:

Day 1: 30DS
    Day 2: 30DS
    Day 3: Cardio workout at gym
    Day 4: 30DS <--- I'm here right now
    Day 5: 30DS
    Day 6: Cardio workout at gym
    Day 7: Rest

I can't recall where I read it but someone mentioned that Gillian recommends doing a cardio workout every couple of days while you are doing the 30DS.
  • AmiciaCole
    Options
    Today was day three, and I did it with only two breaks (due to my little sister almost dropping her box of building blocks on my head when I was doing one of the abs sections, haha!) I sweat a lot more today, but I definitely feel stronger and did the entire cardio circuit without a break, I was so proud. Only 27 days left. (: