Two questions

Options
I am going shopping for my Keto supplies tomorrow. I was wondering about two things.

What is the minimum amount of water I should probably drink a day?

Is fiber supplement ok to add to food, I I need more fiber? Like the powder you can sprinkle on things or in water?

Replies

• leftoverbun
    leftoverbun Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    As far as water goes, I'd say aim for at least 2 litres as a minimum, but 3-4 being ideal. I can't do 3-4 every day; have to pee so much it interferes with my activities.
  • azurewitch
    Options
    Thanks. I was curious, I definately drink enough water a day for normal nutritional plans. I have heard of some people drinking just like 2 gallons a day and so on...I wasn't sure if there was a golden area I should shoot for.
  • chinatbag
    chinatbag Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I think every person is different when it comes to water. I usually have 2-3 liters a day. It helps if it tastes better (I use Mio, some people prefer plain). Just make sure that your urine isn't dark. Light yellow is fine. Dark urine isn't, unless you ate a ton of beets or something.

As far as fiber goes, flax seed flour is pretty fibrous and can help fight the bread urges. It's 70 calories or so for two tablespoons. I usually add an egg and two tablespoons of water. Then I cook it on a pan, it comes out to 140 calories and is the size of a pancake.
  • azurewitch
    Options
    I have and like Flax Seed! Thanks. I will try this method you posted too.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    As far as fiber goes, flax seed flour is pretty fibrous and can help fight the bread urges. It's 70 calories or so for two tablespoons. I usually add an egg and two tablespoons of water. Then I cook it on a pan, it comes out to 140 calories and is the size of a pancake.

Oh I might try this...kind of like the muffin in a minute? Probably with a better texture though cooked in a pan instead of the microwave?
  • chinatbag
    Options
    It's kind of like... I don't know how to describe it, the texture is kind of buttery and smooth. Be sure to season, flax doesn't have much flavor, nor does egg. You could totally turn it into a sweet treat too.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    It's kind of like... I don't know how to describe it, the texture is kind of buttery and smooth. Be sure to season, flax doesn't have much flavor, nor does egg. You could totally turn it into a sweet treat too.

Awesome, thanks! Do you put toppings on it, or just butter or ?
  • chinatbag
    Options
    I eat mine with salt, lol.
  • kkatrinamorenoo
    Options
    Fiber is excellent and something you will definitely need on Keto. The water is up to you and how much you can handle, but definitely aim for 8 cups a day. If you find that hard then invest in Mio, it's a liquid water enhancer with various flavors, no flavors/carbs or sodium, great item!
  • 2bmeagain12
    2bmeagain12 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Water: Minimum 64 ounces to 1/2 ounce per pound of body weight. So, if you weigh 160 pounds, you'll want 80ounces.

Fiber: This is an area I struggle with too. I take Metamucil caplets when I remember to take my nightly vitamins. I'm trying to incorporate more veggies. And Quest bars have 17-18 grams per serving.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I'm only a few weeks in but I've found the more water I drink the more I lose, its that simple so far. So I've set my alarm to beep on the hour and each hour I just glug down the water.