Best Places for Maternity Clothes

Options
13»

Replies

• RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Hey, just a heads-up that Old Navy is having a big maternity sale (40% off). I placed an order yesterday for a couple of dresses that were $15 apiece and some shirts that were $5-$10 apiece. I picked up a roll-top skirt (I had one that I loved for my last pregnancy but I need a smaller size this time) for $10 and this dress (http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=2550850120003&cid=81835&locale=en_US) for $10, too! They give free shipping for orders of $50 or more, and if you use Ebates, you get 2% back.

My only complaint about ON's online service is that they take forever and a day to ship, and their free shipping isn't that quick. I placed my order yesterday morning and probably won't see it until February 20th or so. (I got so spoiled when Amazon Mom was free and included free two-day shipping on everything!)
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Note that I also justify a lot of my purchases (besides the fact that I will need warmer-weather clothing, since we don't have much of a winter here) by telling myself that I will be selling these clothes later on down the line. I made quite a bit off my maternity clothes from my first pregnancy!
  • moondust7
    moondust7 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I love Zulily.com They have designer stuff at reduced prices (although you can't return items). I haven't really bought much in the way of maternity clothes yet, but I did buy a very cute dress from zulily, and a pair of maternity pants (Motherhood brand) from Macy's. I also have 1 maternity top from Target. So far I am only 7w3d, so I'm still wearing my old clothes, but am thinking that soon I'll want to wear maternity pants... :-/ LOL
  • laurab1217
    laurab1217 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I did get a couple of maternity pants, two from target and one from old navy...but none of them seem to really work for me. I'm 26 weeks and they still fit me huge in the legs and the awkward pouch on one of them slides down and I have to keep pulling them up all day. My mom suggested to me that I just buy some regular clothes in a size or two up, and that way I can use them after pregnancy as well as I transition back into my old clothes....that seems to be working better for me. I went to a goodwill nearby that is in a really nice area where people give away name brand clothes in really good condition...and have found a lot of things that work for me. As far as tops, I found a lot of stuff at kohl's that wasn't maternity, but a lot of tops that are in style right now are flowy anyway! So those tops with leggings also work for me.

Does anyone know who has the best maternity bras? The ones at target look so uncomfortable, but I could be wrong. Also does anyone know what size to get? I've gone up a cup size so far and just trying to figure out how much more they will grow by the end of pregnancy and then when the milk comes in. I also don't want to wait until the last minute. I want to be looking around and find some good deals during these last 3 months.
  • laurab1217
    laurab1217 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    OH and yoga pants are the best right now!!
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I love Zulily.com They have designer stuff at reduced prices (although you can't return items). I haven't really bought much in the way of maternity clothes yet, but I did buy a very cute dress from zulily, and a pair of maternity pants (Motherhood brand) from Macy's. I also have 1 maternity top from Target. So far I am only 7w3d, so I'm still wearing my old clothes, but am thinking that soon I'll want to wear maternity pants... :-/ LOL

Was Zullily good quality? Always eyeballing the sales.

Wanted to add I purchased from Asos (UK brand). Cute stuff, but a wee big...... I should have ordered a size down, but I was worried about sizing.

I got this and it was cute : http://us.asos.com/ASOS-Maternity-Dress-In-Textured-Fabric/yjl5g/?iid=2420142&cid=5813&Rf900=1465&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=200&sort=-1&clr=Burgundy&mporgp=L0FTT1MtTWF0ZXJuaXR5L0FTT1MtTWF0ZXJuaXR5LURyZXNzLUluLVRleHR1cmVkLUZhYnJpYy9Qcm9kLw..

And this: http://us.asos.com/ASOS-Maternity-Fit-And-Flare-Coat-With-Fur-Trim/z5upt/?iid=2528482&cid=5813&Rf900=3717&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=200&sort=-1&clr=Black&mporgp=L0FTT1MtTWF0ZXJuaXR5L0FTT1MtTWF0ZXJuaXR5LUZpdC1BbmQtRmxhcmUtQ29hdC1XaXRoLUZ1ci1UcmltL1Byb2Qv

Free shipping and returns!

Also, my Motherhood Maternity has been terrible quality!

And the designer jeans I got from Pea in a Pod are a bit big......so maybe go down a size if you buy them.

Hope this helps some shoppers out there :smile:
  • FitFunTina
    FitFunTina Posts: 282 Member
    Options

Yes!!! I have a pair from old navy from my last pregnancy that I never got rid of...they worked for a non prego body! I also bought 2 pairs from walmart. Not as good quality but they are comfy and do the job. I pretty much alternate between the three pairs.

My BEST maternity buy was on Craigslist. I found a lady who sold me two large garbage bags full of clothes for $50. They were in great condition and I've been able to wear most of it. Once I no longer need then I will sell at a consignment sale, which is where I picked up some other pieces.
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    JCPenney in our area only carry maternity clothes online. After ordering some clothes online and discovering they didn't fit me/were unflattering I had a bit a mental meltdown stressing over not having clothes, particularly work clothes. So I did what any normal person would do, went shopping! I had great luck at Old Navy, Target, and Burlington Coat Factory for shirts and dresses. I also bought a belly band from Target and it works great! I can now wear all of my old pants and have no problems with them falling or the belly band riding up.
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options

I second this! That's all I wear at home.
  • MrsBarkhouse
    Options
    I bought 4 pairs of dress pants from Reitmans for only $60. They are all the 'comfort fit' and a little loose now but I'll definitely grow into them. They are not maternity clothes but I simply went into higher sizes. I haven't gained any weight since I found out I'm pregnant (7weeks2days) but my body shape definitely changed and my dress pants were not fitting.

I feel some much better wearing clothes that fit
  • musicgirl99
    musicgirl99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ordered the Walmart maternity clothes??? They seem to be cheap, just wondering if they are true to size???

Yes, when I first started to grow out of my pre-preg clothes I bought a few pieces from Walmart. A pair of skinny jeans, two long sleeved ribbed tees, 2 camis, a long-sleeved blouse for work and two pairs of dress pants for work. I loved the quality of the jeans and the dress pants and the other items were decent (especially for the price). I think I only spent $60 total on all of the items.

As far as the size, I found them to be true to size.
  • moondust7
    moondust7 Posts: 109 Member
    Options

It seems like the quality will vary with the clothing companies that Zulily features. I got a dress from Japanese Weekend and really like it... although to be honest I haven't worn it yet. It still seems to be pretty decent quality though!
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Amazingly the Old Navy order I placed on 2/7 shipped over the weekend and is set to arrive on 2/14 - not bad! Maybe because I ordered during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday rush and then again in December, they were behind on shipping stuff out. This time there was hardly any delay, so I take back what I said about Old Navy's shipping being slow!
  • RBXChas
    Options

It seems like the quality will vary with the clothing companies that Zulily features. I got a dress from Japanese Weekend and really like it... although to be honest I haven't worn it yet. It still seems to be pretty decent quality though!

I was about to say, Zulily sells from all sorts of companies, so the quality depends on the company. They tend to have higher-end stuff, though. I have never bought from them because even though stuff is on deep discount, it's still too expensive for me to justify. Either that, or it's out of stock in my size/the color I want.

They seem to have a lot more stuff for girls than they do for boys (as far as kids'/baby stuff), so that also goes into why I've never ordered from them. I have a friend with a one-year-old girl, and she orders from them all the time. Her only complaints are that shipping is expensive (unless there happens to be a shipping deal) and that stuff takes so long that by the time she's received her order, she's forgotten she'd even ordered it.

Perhaps if I had a little girl instead of a little boy, I'd have more incentive to buy stuff for her and then would throw in some extras for me. (I'll still take my awesome little boy, though!)
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options