How do you make it thru the MN winter?

Options
I am not an outdoors person when it comes to the winter...I do not like the cold. So I was wondering what people do to make it thru winter without gaining weight. Tendancies for me lean toward cuddled up on the couch with a blanket & movie, sipping hot cocoa & snacking or eating warm "comfort" foods. My exercise consists of 30-60 minutes a few times a week with the Wii Fit Plus (days off) & walking (my job keeps me moving around a fair amount). I have often found myself going over my calories (especially on my days off). Any suggestions?

Replies

• LisaMia66
    Options
    I'm not a fan of our winters either. :grumble: It's hard getting motivated when it's too cold, especially on days like today, to get out and do ANYTHING. That being said, I bought my husband and myself a pair of sturdy, warm winter boots. I bought them in hopes of starting to snowshoe but this year appears to be another bust when it comes to accumulating any snow on the ground. Go figure! I'm just glad we didn't invest the money on snowshoes yet.

Anywho...until we're able to snowbird it to a warmer state we've resigned ourselves to enjoying...er, putting up, with our Minnesota winters and just getting out as much as possible. If you live near a mall many of them have walking programs. I think you live a bit closer to STC than I do and I know they have a lot of walking trails there too. So until the first Springtime robins appear, strap on those winter boots, bundle up and enjoy Mother Nature in her finest winter wear. :happy:
  • ajs03
    ajs03 Posts: 32
    Options
    Hey I think maybe now you can use the snowshoes! I would like to go walking outside when the weather is nice, but with slick sidewalks/trails it makes me nervous. Anyhow...hope you have a good winter! Stay warm! :)