Welcome to all the new peeps!

Options

Replies

• Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invitation Coolhand1969.

You know those people who think it's cute and kitschy to call themselves a 'geek'? Well, I'm about as true a geek as you're ever going to meet. A network engineer by trade, a linux and programming enthusiast by night. That being said, I definitely consider myself a people person and am excited to have joined a group full of motivated locals.

I've already lost nearly 40 lbs and am halfway to my goal. I've currently hit a bit of a plateau, but have stepped up my game to compensate.

I feel better than I have EVER felt, and appreciate the opportunity for further motivation and support.

I accept friend requests, and will actively support you and provide feedback!

From what I've seen, you are the fourth "true geek" in here so far... More details later when I'm not on my phone.. :)
  • aeverton
    aeverton Posts: 359
    Options
    Glad to be a part of this group! Anyone else participating in the Shamrock Run in March?

I have this on my list of runs I'm wanting to do!

Angie
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    Thanks for the invitation Coolhand1969.

You know those people who think it's cute and kitschy to call themselves a 'geek'? Well, I'm about as true a geek as you're ever going to meet. A network engineer by trade, a linux and programming enthusiast by night. That being said, I definitely consider myself a people person and am excited to have joined a group full of motivated locals.

I've already lost nearly 40 lbs and am halfway to my goal. I've currently hit a bit of a plateau, but have stepped up my game to compensate.

I feel better than I have EVER felt, and appreciate the opportunity for further motivation and support.

I accept friend requests, and will actively support you and provide feedback!

From what I've seen, you are the fourth "true geek" in here so far... More details later when I'm not on my phone.. :)

Sorry - just three, not four... Your picture change confused me.... heh
  • lQQkup
    lQQkup Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I,too, thank you for the invite. I am new to MFP, but am already enjoying success. Will be a long road,but
    I am determined to get fit for life.
  • JDunbar82
    JDunbar82 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks for inviting me! I joined MFP last year after having baby #2. I gained quite a bit of weight starting in 2009 from baby #1 due to out of control thyroid levels and 2 disc herniations in my back that resulted in 3 surgeries...discectomy, 2 level spinal fusion and spinal cord stimulator placement( had nerve damage in both legs from herniations). I started out walking and in October started C25k. Since then I've completed several 5k's and I'm now in Mini Marathon Training and loving it! My longest run to date is a little over 8 miles which I did last weekend. I live in a itty bitty town in Clinton County ( just moved from Lebanon this summer) and I'm happy to provide online support to anyone that needs it! :)

Jillian
  • jgthomas78
    Options
    I have been on MFP almost one year now. My first goal was 30lbs off, and after that I just keep setting it for 5 more lbs. I'm now down 45 lbs. Mostly focused on my health and fitness, not trying to get skinny. MFP and the couch to 5K have changed my lift. I used to hate running, now it's my favorite cardio. I'm a nurse, work full time plus OT and have 5 kids. I have made my health and fitness a priority in my life so that I can be better at all of those things. Glad to join the group. I got a kayak for Christmas, so if anyone has kayaked around Indiana, I would love to hear about it.
  • ktsurly
    Options
    Thanks for the invite!
  • bigjohnb138
    Options
    Thank you for the invite. It will be nice to have more people to hold me accountable for my weight loss goals!
  • doodlebug7531
    Options
    Thanks for the invite! :)
  • jobryan4
    jobryan4 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have been on MFP almost one year now. My first goal was 30lbs off, and after that I just keep setting it for 5 more lbs. I'm now down 45 lbs. Mostly focused on my health and fitness, not trying to get skinny. MFP and the couch to 5K have changed my lift. I used to hate running, now it's my favorite cardio. I'm a nurse, work full time plus OT and have 5 kids. I have made my health and fitness a priority in my life so that I can be better at all of those things. Glad to join the group. I got a kayak for Christmas, so if anyone has kayaked around Indiana, I would love to hear about it.

My husband has said many times that he wants to get kayaks and I think it would be fun to have but we just don't have the space in our garage. I see on your profile that you're in Clermont so I assume you plan to kayak on Eagle Creek Reservoir, which is where we would go. I'm interested to know if there are many other places to use a kayak around here. Sugar Creek in Turkey Run State Park is fun but that is usually crowded with canoe groups.
  • danielledee
    Options
    Hello everyone! This is my first group thing. I normally just do this site for personal use. But it's nice to have encouragement when you need it most!! I am doing the Shamrock Run in March Super Excited! I've only done a 2 MI run before so training for this one is kicking my butt! Good luck to all and add me if you like!!
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    Hello everyone! This is my first group thing. I normally just do this site for personal use. But it's nice to have encouragement when you need it most!! I am doing the Shamrock Run in March Super Excited! I've only done a 2 MI run before so training for this one is kicking my butt! Good luck to all and add me if you like!!

I assume that is the downtown Indy Shamrock Run? (I know there is at least one other in Yorktown)
  • NikkiKnockout7
    NikkiKnockout7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite!! I'm excite to start on this healthy journey! Have a good day all of you!!! :)
  • NotSoThinMe
    Options
    Thanks for the invite!!!
  • jdirt101
    Options
    introducing myself and saying thanks for the invite to the group... south broadripple here.. train on my own for now got treadmills and my own universal weight machine in my place ..run 4 days a week atleast a mile no less and mix up cardio and lifting 4 days a week ... also love my hydroxycut and my censor .... great stack roughly 28 lbs down in a month and 2 weeks :)
  • jgthomas78
    Options

My husband has said many times that he wants to get kayaks and I think it would be fun to have but we just don't have the space in our garage. I see on your profile that you're in Clermont so I assume you plan to kayak on Eagle Creek Reservoir, which is where we would go. I'm interested to know if there are many other places to use a kayak around here. Sugar Creek in Turkey Run State Park is fun but that is usually crowded with canoe groups.

Yes, I plan on Eagle Creek for the most part since I am a little concerned about going on the rivers/creeks by myself.
  • davists
    Options
    Thanks for the invite!!!
  • anickson23
    anickson23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite!!! I use this site and my Pinterest "Weight Loss Motivation" board currently. I am not a runner, but do have a desire to become one. I downloaded the C25K app on my phone....hoping to start using it soon. If anyone has any helpful suggestion to get me started, I'm all ears!!!
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    Thanks for the invite!!! I use this site and my Pinterest "Weight Loss Motivation" board currently. I am not a runner, but do have a desire to become one. I downloaded the C25K app on my phone....hoping to start using it soon. If anyone has any helpful suggestion to get me started, I'm all ears!!!

just follow the program, repeat any days or even weeks if necessary.... and above all, go SLOW - it's not a race.. you're working on being able to run a long time, not run fast (that will come later)
  • Samanthahahaha
    Options
    Hello everyone! Neat to find some local people!