Macros

Options
So I'm having trouble getting my fats higher then my protein what are some easy ways I can change this? And about how many grams higher should my fats be over my protein? Should I eat less meat? Thank you!

Replies

• Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I have my macros at 65:35:5 F:P:C - this, at my current 1500 calorie level gives me around 20g of carbs a day.

I find it pretty easy to eat all the fat and sometimes exceed ity considerably. It certainly helps alleviate the usual side effect of eating too much protein (constipation) plus my skin is looking amazing. I also have more energy than I have ever had in my life. Carbs, schmarbs. :-P

I eat a lot of cheese, nuts, olive oil on salads, cheaper cuts of meat, chicken with the skin on, heavy cream sauces etc etc.

I'm also going to pick up some coconut oil once I get paid as well as some nut butters.
  • booklvr81
    booklvr81 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    MJ, it sounds like you don't have your macros set in MFP?

If I'm right, you can change them by going to My Home > Goals > Change Goals > Custom. You can set your macros up for 65 fat, 35 protein, and 5 carb.

If you are having trouble meeting fat amounts, you can google "fat bombs", which are usually cream cheese, butter, coconut oil or some other mix of fats.