Titan Ram

Options
Z_I_L_L_A
Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
Titan Ram(single ply) and Titan Super Ram are training equipment for what? Does it keep you in the groove on your bench for proper mechanics of the lift or does it help you get stronger by using it in your workouts? Its not a competition apparel is it?

Replies

• ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    It isn't for competition use.
    It's a rip-off of Mark Bell's Slingshot.

It can serve a couple of purposes in training.
    1. It can take the stress off of your shoulders at the bottom of the lift, allowing you to still work your bench press while working around an injury
    2. You can overload the upper portion of the lift. If your max bench is 250, and you're a raw lifter, chances are your weak point is off the chest, so you can't expose yourself to more than 250 pounds. With the slingshot, that bar might only be 200 at the bottom, so you're able to get past that sticking point, and overload your triceps, thus making them stronger and giving you confidence with heavier weights. It's similar to a reverse band press IMO.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    Bench numbers last night. Flat - warm ups 135 and 225 for 25 reps, used the Titan Ram on these, 315x7,365x1,385x1,315x8. Incline 225x5,275x5,295x2,315x1,225x20. The rest of the workout was triceps and reverse flys to help rear shoulders. Hope the TR helps spare my shoulders on the flat. Can't use it on the incline, but thats ok shoulders don't hurt as bad on that.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    Options
    Damn dude. 225x25 is no joke.

How did your shoulders feel after? Did it help?
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    The two hi rep warm up sets get the blood flowing pretty good and the TR takes away the pain some what. Shoulders hurt like hell as usual. Talked to Lee Haney and he said I need to train the rear shoulders because the front is over developed. So it will take me a few months to correct the problem. On another note I changed to sumo dead lifts to preserve my lower back. I use more leg and can keep back straighter.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    Options
    Hell yeah.
    I'm picking up a slingshot next week I think.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    Hi rep warm ups are like the football combine not quite to lockout on these reps. I don't put the TR on til I get to 315 or above. Hope this thing protects the shoulders til I build the back of them up.
  • littlebigsteve
    littlebigsteve Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hey Zilla i dont know if you still are doing research on this but the rams are just knock offs of markbells slingshots....not that they arent any good but i own an original (red) singshot and i love it i use it inplace of negative work which always beat up my forearms too much ....its also good for extra tri work or if you have shoulder pain etc to run as a mini cycle ..but like i said i only use it in place of negatives now ..and i love the damn thing...im a raw lifter but i like how you can overload with this device and its easy to get on and off...i think its only like 40 bucks on how much ya bench .net
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    Yeah, I got the titan a while back. I do my regular workout and then use it. I gotta find another partner to workout with. I also started doing crossfit to try and regain some mobility in the shoulders. It seems to be helping. Its slow but I'm making my way back up. I'm within a 100 lbs on the 3 lifts from what I use to do 12 years ago. Just trying to do it at a lower body weight.
  • littlebigsteve
    littlebigsteve Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    nothing wrong with that man...im on joint juice fish oil gulcosimine pills and tart cherry to make sure my joints and cuffs..etc stay online as much as they can man..might i ask what happend ...muscle .. ligament ?
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    No cushion in the knees and ligaments in the shoulders.