lbs vs in?

Options
Taraanne76
Taraanne76 Posts: 111 Member
At what point should one expect the scale to catch up with the tape measure? The inches are coming off but the scale keeps jumping all around.

Replies

• kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on where you are with your weight (close or far from average from your height) but for me, it took about 2 months. I was doing Insanity, I could feel that I was losing inches, I was down a pant size but after 7 weeks I dropped 4 lbs over 2 weeks.

When you are losing inches it means you are losing body fat while retaining or gaining muscle which is the point of weight lifting.
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    IMO, the scale does not matter if you are losing inches. Agree with Kel_be...its all about losing the fat!
  • Taraanne76
    Options
    Yes, I am happy to be losing inches but also know there are no 210lb size 9 women (size 9 being my 1st goal). I was hoping to see some losses as I am really overweight. Thanks for the replies!.
  • Holmfridur_Gestsdottir
    Options
    The lbs losses will come in time. But losing inches is best, that tells you that you are on the right track. When talking about this subject I always remember a blog rant my ex private coach wrote one time about the scale obsession she was often discussing with her clients. She was explaining how the scale provides very little information about our body - only a number, no info on body composition etc. Then she said "So, is your weight tattooed on your forehead? I didn't think so. So who cares how heavy you are?? Why can't you just be happy about losing inches, that's what matters and that's also what people see"
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am happy to be losing inches but also know there are no 210lb size 9 women (size 9 being my 1st goal). I was hoping to see some losses as I am really overweight. Thanks for the replies!.

I hear you! Stick with it...did you see the thread "because lifting weights made me bulky"? She looks great!
  • Taraanne76
    Options
    Wow! She looks great! No more scale for awhile..breaking up with it :)