A Little Bit of Exercise!

Options
I come in from work and i've been on my feet all day and i'm exhausted! BUT i've pushed myself into a bit of exercise and it makes SO much difference! I've had bronchitis and been ill for a few weeks and i'd let the exercise lapse if im honest before then....NO MORE!!! Vroom Vroom. What do you all do?
I've been doing a little bit of Kettlebell training and some yoga.
I have actually been thinking of getting a Fitbit thingy...any views?

Replies

• losingmybehind
    losingmybehind Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I come in from work and i've been on my feet all day and i'm exhausted! BUT i've pushed myself into a bit of exercise and it makes SO much difference! I've had bronchitis and been ill for a few weeks and i'd let the exercise lapse if im honest before then....NO MORE!!! Vroom Vroom. What do you all do?

Hi Mandy, I'll never forget what a trainer told me years ago when I was sort of whining about what an awful day I just had and that I almost skipped the gym. She said that exercising after a long, hard day is like applying salve to the wound....and she is so right!! It relieves stress, works out the kinks from sitting or standing all day, clears the mind. I applaud you for pushing through.

I go to my gym every weekday....MWF I do strength training (MW upper body and WF lower body) and 15 min eliptical, and on Tu Th I do 30 min eliptical. I've just started back to the gym in January after a long hiatus due to an injury. It feels so darn good to be there, too!
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    Haven't got a fitbit. I've used Endomondo's app to log walks and bike training. It's convenient.

I do my workouts in the morning and I feel better all day long. Seems to give me a little more energy each day and I sleep better at night. Exercise is got to be the best medicine after laughter. :laugh: :drinker:
  • mandythewalker
    mandythewalker Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm going to keep it going...! Though now i have a streaming cold...feet up and making plans for it all! :huh:
  • mandythewalker
    mandythewalker Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'd definately agree about the laughter!
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    Woke up this morning about 5am and could not get back to sleep. Around 6 I think this is when I usually work out anyway, so took advantage of Saturday and pedaled on the stationary for twice as long. Logged about 30 miles at an easy pace drank a lot of water and had a banana and a couple of muffins. Came back up stairs about 9, lay back down for a minute and woke up at 11:30. :ohwell: Feel Great!

Super Saturday! Got my workout in, had a nap, snows blown, dishes done, sipping coffee and free for the rest of the day .
  • bids55
    bids55 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Wow ...that was a GREAT Saturday...... that's doing all the "Right Stuff"! :bigsmile:
  • bids55
    bids55 Posts: 36 Member
    Options

Well you know what they say....what doesn't kill you will make you stronger....good for you!:wink: I started playing sqaush and love it. I am going to kill that little ball ....as soon as I can catch up to it!:huh: