No more Late Night Snacking - Feb 2013

Options

Replies

• Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I thought I posted on this thread last night....losing my mind.
    Anyway, I have a problem with late night snacking...but mine is more like middle of the night. I stay up until my husband goes to work @ 1 am and I eat and watch Netflix...until 3 or 4 am.
    I am logging it all and so I start each day with a 300 to 500 calorie deficit.
    I need to stop.
  • Chibea
    Options
    For Feb. so far. I will do better.:embarassed: :ohwell:

Me - 2

LNS - 7

I am not going to worry about it if I can keep it under 175 calories
  • totalhealth12
    totalhealth12 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    2/9

Me: 6
    LNS: 3
  • Elliehmltn
    Elliehmltn Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Yesterday went well. LNS 0, Me 1.

What helps --
    Structure a substantial evening snack into my food plan -- eat it around the time the munchies usually start prowling.
    Or, have an afternoon snack and then a later dinner. If I eat dinner at 7pm instead of 5, I don't graze later.

By "snack" I'm not talking about 6 almonds or a piece of celery spread with a teaspoon of peanut butter. I'm talking about real food -- oatmeal with fruit, or a meat sandwich and an apple (the sandwich made with low-cal bread and thin-sliced packaged meat that's something like 25 calories a slice.) Since I've stopped eating wheat, the sandwich isn't an option for me anymore, but it may still be for other people.

I hope I can help someone. This is what's helping me.
  • totalhealth12
    totalhealth12 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    2/10

Me: 6
    LNS: 4
  • Chibea
    Options

Me - 2

LNS - 7

Did better last night. Still ate 300 cal after midnight, but that is way better than the previous few nights. Still, I have to log it as

Me - 2
    LNS - 8
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone! What a nice bunch of people here! :smile:. Glad to see we got reinforcement through some newcomers - welcome to everyone :flowerforyou:!

I was thinking of you (as a challenge team), in spite of my absence. I allowed myself to be a bit flexible with the cut-off time again, as long as dinner was the last thing and no more snacking followed. All in all, I've been quite good and only failed two nights:
    Me: 8 - LNS: 2

Thank you so much for keeping this going :wink:. For me no LNS is the best weigh-loss/weight-maintenance tool. Maybe in time I'll start a "no more useless snacking during office hours" challenge and then all problems will be solved :laugh:.

Keep up the good work, everyone, :flowerforyou: and remember that quitting is the only failure!
    I will hopefully be also able to post in more consistently from now on :wink:.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Me: 9
    LNS: 1
  • Chibea
    Options

Me - 2

LNS - 7

Did better last night. Still ate 300 cal after midnight, but that is way better than the previous few nights. Still, I have to log it as

Me - 2
    LNS - 8
    My goal is to stay at or under 175 cal. after midnight - that's my problem time. Last night I discovered something that was 160 cals but not so healthy, so I added a green veggie which I figured had no calories, but in fact it was 42 cals which put me over my goal. I am not going to let LNS get that point. I am calling it for ME !

Me: 3
    LNS: 8
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    probably won't be back to post till feb 24 as i am in northern alberta hanging out with son, dil and grandson. Keeping very busy but only successfull about half the time with late night snacking
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    8 to me :laugh:
    3. To the LNS :noway:

Well done everyone :drinker:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Me: 9 - LNS: 2

and I so wanted to eat at midnight! That's what happens when you stay up late - no one but me to blame :tongue:.

Karen, enjoy your family time to the fullest!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    karen - I'm heading to south/central alberta this weekend to visit with my parents and my family! Have a fun time up here!

Me: 10

I have now put my chips, etc., into a box high in my bedroom closet. I don't plan on bringing them out until Oscar night. I need BETTER control because I'm struggling everyday with this. Which is lame. The non-struggle (i.e. out of sight, out of mind) is WAY easier, for me!
  • Chibea
    Options
    Me: 3
    LNS: 9
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Me: 11

Today I am going out to dinner with my husband for our V-Day. That means I'll be full by 8 and won't LNS. This is all very good.
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    I've lost track! My whole household has been circulating sickness around for the last week or so. I think I'm here:

Me: 9
    LNS: 3

No fab :grumble:
  • Chibea
    Options
    One banana was my LNS last night! Within my 175 calorie goal and actually healthy!

Me: 4
    LNS: 9
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Me: 12

Had a great supper out with hubby last night. We shared appy's and then had a main course. The owner brought us 2 desserts (on him) and I didn't even TASTE either one! Hubby ate both.

I'm super-impressed with my DISCIPLINE!
  • Chibea
    Options
    Where is everyone? Not snacking, I hope....:noway:

Right to the line tonight. Allowed snacks: 175 cal. eaten snacks:174cal. so far so good. It's 1a.m. and i should just go to sleep:yawn:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Me: 11- LNS: 3

:yawn: