Age at diagnosis?

Options

Replies

• brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    When I was 39, I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidisn and a goiter. I'm 41 now.
  • kats3boys
    Options
    38 with Graves, 43 currently hypo
  • emhans
    Options
    I have a thyroid, but it stopped working when i was about six (stopped growing), and i was diagnosed at 10. I'm now going on 21 years old and really trying to get healthy before graduating college and heading to physical therapy school!
  • tamred69
    tamred69 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    42, but I think I actualllly got it when I was pregnant with my first child when I was 32, 10 years ago--that's when I started having the symptoms (excema, difficulty losing weight, plantar fascitis, joint pain, preeclampsia). I thought all the changes in my health/body were because of the pregnancy and stress of being a new mom, but now I think they were related to my thyroid problems.
  • amandaaaaaas
    Options
    I was diagnosed with thyca at age 30 (enlargement in neck identified by obygn led to a biopsy, and the rest is history!) and suffered no thyroid issues prior to thyroidectomy (completed 1/10). I'm now almost 34 and barely recognize my body! I was a steady 125-130 lbs for my 20s, but can barely make a dent in 150 lbs now. My levothyoxine dose is 175mcg and steady and I feel ok..except for feeling fat, ha! But I'm both hyper and hypo owing to TSH suppression. Very curious in exploring T3 therapy but my endo seems...well...bit aloof about it.
  • hedgehogia
    hedgehogia Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hypo at 34, papillary carcinoma this year at 36.
  • islandmonkey
    islandmonkey Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I was in 9th grade when diagnosed with Graves, then it went into remission until I was 25 when it came back as Hashimoto's...

Graves and Hashi's are two totally different diseases. Once you have graves you don't ever NOT have it, and it doesn't come back as Hashi's --- you have two autoimmune disease, graves and hashi's.
  • SlwNStdy
    Options
    When I was in sixth grade my body attacked and ate my thyroid. I was very tired and began to gain weight rapidly. When I was in tenth grade I had a niece and went to pick her up and dropped her because I passed out completely. My mom had me tested after fighting with the dr to test me due to my age.
  • charleschip
    charleschip Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Santa Claus brought me a diagnosis of Hashimoto's at the age of 44. Nodules, Goiter and high TPO. I guess I'm in the minority of men who get it. Go figure!
  • moejo3
    moejo3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I was 38 but, I had been having symptoms since my last child at age 29. I finally hit a wall at 38 and went to my Nurse practioner and she found my thyroid antibodies was at 4000 and diagnosed me with Hashi's. Then I spent 1 wasted year with and Endo before I found my naturopath who saved my life! I am now 43 and the last 9 months is the best that I have felt in 13 years...I feel bad about the missed years but, feel that I finally have my life and health back now.
  • hsrunningmom
    hsrunningmom Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed 11 years ago when I was 35 and had symptoms about two years prior to that. I ended up switching doctors nine years ago, and that was one of the best things I ever did. He's always treated by how you feel. When something isn't right, it's worked on until an answer is found.
  • EweCreekCottage
    EweCreekCottage Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Hoshimotos 20 years ago at age 28
  • buildingdreams
    buildingdreams Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    age 14 and I am knocking on 45!!
  • lizardgirl86
    Options
    I was just tested and diagnosised at the age of 26 in oct 2012, I have had the signs for hypothyroidism since about 4th grade but not one doctor has ever tested me for this till i went to a dr for my weight and they wanted to do a complete physcal on me with lab
  • stonel94
    stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I'm 19 now and I was diagnosed when i was 17 after having very sudden but very severe symptoms (like huge bloating (resulting in a 30 pound weight gain), acne, dry skin, pale skin, anemia, low vitamin d, hair thinning, like everything) but it was very sudden like I had had blood tests to test thyroid less than a year before (maybe like 7 months) and it was normal, and then it was 7.7 (tsh) when I was diagnosed. First started with .75 mg and it helped but didn't solve everything, then upped it to .88 mg felt better but still not 100% then went gluten free and felt 100% better and finally was able to lose the weight
  • erinlibke
    erinlibke Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed at age 28, 3 months after the birth of my son (though my endocrinologist suspects I had an under active thyroid for years). I developed nodules on my thyroid and had it removed in October, just 10 days before my 30th birthday.
  • Lani1976
    Options
    I was diagnosed 5 months ago at 36 :) feels like a lifetime already!
  • BehindBlueEyes988
    Options
    Official Hashimoto's diagnosis in August 2012 at 23. Haven't gone "full" hypo yet, just living with symptoms for now!
  • Marthaamaya8
    Options
    The same happend to me! Had my daughter at 19 then I was diagnosed at 23 and I had it for 6 year now! But I found a great doctor in my area she is amazing!!! Just by looking at me she is like Oh you are doing wonderful! And the she takes a look at the labs and in deed everything looks good! So at 29 even with hypothyroidism I have 3 healthy kids! Just some symptons that I really head but hey is part of it!

:flowerforyou:
  • JessyJ03
    JessyJ03 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Diagnosed at age 16 or 17. I am now 27. Quickly gained 60 lbs :(