Resistance training at home without weights

Options
magpie525
magpie525 Posts: 13 Member
Does anyone have advice for at-home workouts that don't involve anything bigger than a 10lb weight? I'm currently doing circuits with resistance bands and exercise ball (two types of squats, planks, pec fly, bicep curl, chest press, overhead press); if anyone had any specific exercises or more general resources I'd really appreciate it!

Replies

• WandaMM1
    WandaMM1 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Pushups - regular which focus on chest, shoulders, and back; or tricep focused pushups (arms stay close to your rib cage)
    Tricep dips (using a stable chair or a couch, or even your stairs)
    Tricep kick-backs
    rev fly (back)
    bent-over rows (back)
    upright rows (shoulder)
    glute raises (lay on your back and raise your hips - put your weights on your hips for added resistance)
    lunges (with or without the hand weights, add an oblique rotation (twisting) or oblique crunch (dipping your shoulder to your hip)
    Add balance work -- any standing exercise you do, try standing on only one foot. This adds a good core workout!!
    lateral raises (shoulder - raise straight arms out to the side or forward)
    add variation to your bicep curl
    up for a count of 1, down for a count of 3, and vice versa,
    do the "21s" which is seven full curls, seven curls going only 1/2 way up, and 7 curls going from 1/2 way up to all the way up (but not all the way down)
    Hold a bicep curl 1/2 up (stationary hold) then rotate your arms out to the side (adds a back/shoulder component)
    There are about a gazillion ab exercises using only your body weight!

That's hopefully enough to add variety. Message me if you need more details or more ideas. I've been strength training with a certified personal trainer for 6+ years!
  • karrielynn80
    karrielynn80 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Pushups - regular which focus on chest, shoulders, and back; or tricep focused pushups (arms stay close to your rib cage)
    Tricep dips (using a stable chair or a couch, or even your stairs)
    Tricep kick-backs
    rev fly (back)
    bent-over rows (back)
    upright rows (shoulder)
    glute raises (lay on your back and raise your hips - put your weights on your hips for added resistance)
    lunges (with or without the hand weights, add an oblique rotation (twisting) or oblique crunch (dipping your shoulder to your hip)
    Add balance work -- any standing exercise you do, try standing on only one foot. This adds a good core workout!!
    lateral raises (shoulder - raise straight arms out to the side or forward)
    add variation to your bicep curl
    up for a count of 1, down for a count of 3, and vice versa,
    do the "21s" which is seven full curls, seven curls going only 1/2 way up, and 7 curls going from 1/2 way up to all the way up (but not all the way down)
    Hold a bicep curl 1/2 up (stationary hold) then rotate your arms out to the side (adds a back/shoulder component)
    There are about a gazillion ab exercises using only your body weight!

That's hopefully enough to add variety. Message me if you need more details or more ideas. I've been strength training with a certified personal trainer for 6+ years!

Awesome suggestions!, i might add a few of these into my gym routine!
  • magpie525
    magpie525 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! I got a basic circuit workout from a personal training session but it's getting a bit repetitive.