Summer Weight Loss Challenge

Options

Replies

• mamagirl49
    mamagirl49 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Went to my MD today . Got the ok to start my vegetarian diet. He was very pleased with my wt loss and also my water intake.Was dreading that visit for a few months now.I am back on track and ready to kick it.

You're doing great! Way to work it!
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    I joined this group 2 days ago ,so I decided to try and catch up and read the past posts from Jan 8th.I must say that this is one of the most electrifying and active groups.
    Yana, you are a very efficient and organized moderator.
    Nette, you are all that and more.
    Thank you so very much for accepting me .
    I have finally found my group.
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Happy Valentine's Day to all you beautiful ladies.
  • Ritaspal
    Ritaspal Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Checking in today, hope everyone is doing great! I am down a bit and very excited about it!

SW: 251.7
    CW: 248.5 :happy:
    GW: 199

My goals are to:
    1) Do the right thing as far as food choices go. Stop myself when I am headed in the wrong direction.
    2) Do not mess up and then hide from the scale so that I do not have to face the music.
    3) Workout for 60 minutes a day no matter what.
    4) Track my food!!
  • Yana150
    Yana150 Posts: 226
    Options
    I have a question. I know that sugar from fresh fruit is best, but do you think it is possible to have too much fresh fruit where sugar could hinder weight loss? Reason why I am asking is because, I am not moving in my weight and I may need to tweak what I am eating. I have been making Nutribullet drinks with (spinach, frozen fruit, chia seeds or flax seed, 1/2 banana, and fiber powder or sometimes protein powder if I need that boost). I have been using green tea with pomegranate flavor or either water as my liquid for these drinks.
    Then sometimes as a snack, I have a piece of fruit (whatever I have on hand: apple, orange, pear....), do you think I am taking in too much sugar and that could be causing me not to lose weight? I am working out and staying under my calorie count, so I am not sure what is happening. Wanted to get a few suggestions.

Thanks Ladies!

Decide .Commit. Succeed (from Beachbody)

I'm no nutritionist, but I doubt that you could be eating enough fruit to derail your progress. How are your sodium levels? I've eaten pasta and some pizza this week and now my weight is at a standstill from water retention due to the sodium.
  • Yana150
    Options
    I joined this group 2 days ago ,so I decided to try and catch up and read the past posts from Jan 8th.I must say that this is one of the most electrifying and active groups.
    Yana, you are a very efficient and organized moderator.
    Nette, you are all that and more.
    Thank you so very much for accepting me .
    I have finally found my group.

Thank you so much! It makes me happy that you're here. :) It's the member like you who keep this group electrifying and active! :flowerforyou:
  • Yana150
    Options
    Welcome Mamaeeyore19! :) You've got some awesome goals, and it looks like you already have some great progress, too! Keep up the good work and post here often! There are some super ladies here who love to offer their support and friendship! Wishing you well! :)
  • Yana150
    Options
    Checking in today, hope everyone is doing great! I am down a bit and very excited about it!

SW: 251.7
    CW: 248.5 :happy:
    GW: 199

My goals are to:
    1) Do the right thing as far as food choices go. Stop myself when I am headed in the wrong direction.
    2) Do not mess up and then hide from the scale so that I do not have to face the music.
    3) Workout for 60 minutes a day no matter what.
    4) Track my food!!

Good going, Ritaspal!!! :)
  • klb1002
    Options
    I have a question. I know that sugar from fresh fruit is best, but do you think it is possible to have too much fresh fruit where sugar could hinder weight loss? Reason why I am asking is because, I am not moving in my weight and I may need to tweak what I am eating. I have been making Nutribullet drinks with (spinach, frozen fruit, chia seeds or flax seed, 1/2 banana, and fiber powder or sometimes protein powder if I need that boost). I have been using green tea with pomegranate flavor or either water as my liquid for these drinks.
    Then sometimes as a snack, I have a piece of fruit (whatever I have on hand: apple, orange, pear....), do you think I am taking in too much sugar and that could be causing me not to lose weight? I am working out and staying under my calorie count, so I am not sure what is happening. Wanted to get a few suggestions.

Thanks Ladies!

Decide .Commit. Succeed (from Beachbody)

I'm no nutritionist, but I doubt that you could be eating enough fruit to derail your progress. How are your sodium levels? I've eaten pasta and some pizza this week and now my weight is at a standstill from water retention due to the sodium.

I will go back over my food diary and see if sodium could be the issue. After some thought, I was thinking the same as far as fruit being the issue, but figured I would ask. Thanks for the help Yana.
    I actually went to Trader Joe's yesterday and picked up some better snacks. I found some Spinach, Kale and greek yogurt dip and three layer hummus. They are both delicious. I will have some spinach dip with some organic carrots in a little bit.
  • Pennhotmom
    Pennhotmom Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    To the above poster that doesn't sound like too much sugar if that's your only source.

SW: 235
    CW: 228
    GW: 195

I am down a total of 7 lbs. (I couldn't remember when we are supposed to weigh). I am excited about the 7 lbs but I do know that some of it is definitely water weight.
  • akiss4u2tam
    Options
    Ok here we go
    SW: 245
    CW: 205
    GW: 180

Personal Goals Outside the Gym
    1) Finish everything I get started
    2) Catch up on everything that I started and didn't finish

Accomplishments
    1) Got my Husband to go with me to the gym 3 times a week!!!
    2) Started back on the right track.... Logging in my food on My Fitness Pal :happy:
  • akiss4u2tam
    Options
    I've read that sugar from fruit is good sugar... Natural and unprocessed is the best kind of sugar... Only other sugar that's better is a sweet kisses from our loved ones.... Had to throw that in for Valentine's Day :wink:
  • klb1002
    Options
    I've read that sugar from fruit is good sugar... Natural and unprocessed is the best kind of sugar... Only other sugar that's better is a sweet kisses from our loved ones.... Had to throw that in for Valentine's Day :wink:

Thanks. I am keeping the fruit in, but will tweak some other things. Nutribullet is my friend again. :drinker:
  • angelh1908
    angelh1908 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Can someone please tell me how to reply to a person's post. I cannot figure it out for the life of me! :sad: :sad:
  • ktdancey
    ktdancey Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello MFP family I am so happy to report my second weigh in for this Challenge!!!

SW: 270
    CW: 256.8
    GW: 190

I pray everyone has a great healthy week. :wink:
  • klb1002
    Options
    Can someone please tell me how to reply to a person's post. I cannot figure it out for the life of me! :sad: :sad:

Angelh1908, when you are viewing the post you want to reply to, click the "quote" button, and it will capture the post you want to reply to. You then type your reply right underneath the captured quote. When you are finished, you click "post reply".
    I hope that helps!
  • klb1002
    Options
    I wanted to mention a great magazine that I truly love, Cooking Light. They really have some great recipes for your main course, desserts, vegetables, pastas, etc. They don't skimp on flavor either! I find myself cooking more with fresh herbs now. I like the recipes you can make under 30 minutes, since I am trying to keep on schedule with my workouts after work. I try to make enough to last a few days, but my husband eats more than his share of the portions! You can also search for recipes through their online site.
    Just thought I would share.
  • Pennhotmom
    Pennhotmom Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    @ akiss4u2tam Way to go on getting hubby to go to the gym with you.

I have been trying to figure out how to do this. We have two little kids and our schedules just don't seem conducive this this. Once the weather breaks. I definitely plan on trying walking as a family some evenings.
  • angelh1908
    angelh1908 Posts: 175 Member
    Options

Angelh1908, when you are viewing the post you want to reply to, click the "quote" button, and it will capture the post you want to reply to. You then type your reply right underneath the captured quote. When you are finished, you click "post reply".
    I hope that helps!

Thanks so much! :happy:
  • SereneRose
    SereneRose Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!
    Feel like i've not checked in properly in ages although I am always reading the latest replies.

I just want to say I am very proud of each and everyone of us, I have never known a group of such motivational and inspirational women and I know that with all this on our side we will meet our targets in no time.

NSV for today is my endurance is on the increase as I am putting in a lot more intensity and doing all the high jumps and kicks during my Turbofire workouts, my body is definitely changing.. :happy:

As of today I have 3.8lbs to go until I reach my lowest of 217lbs for a second time after that my ticker can continue moving again and I cannot wait.

Have a wonderfully active weekend! :smile: