Summer Weight Loss Challenge

Options
Anyone interested in joining a Summer Weight Loss Challenge? It seems like this would be a great time to start a challenge to get our bodies bikini, swim suit, sun dress and shorty-shorts ready by June 21, the first day of summer. A nice challenge will also help us to keep our momentum going as we trudge along in these dark and dreary winter days with the warmth of the sofa and hot chocolate beckoning...okay, maybe I'm reflecting there. ;)

The challenge would be pretty casual, and non-competitive. There won't be any prizes except for the way you will feel once you complete it, which is honestly the best prize anyone could receive. Check-ins should be at least weekly. If you have no weight loss to report, then we'd love to hear about a new workout you've tried, or even if you're having some trouble and you'd just like some support. We (assuming others will join) are all in this together, and ready to help each other.

If you are interested, please post your starting, current, and goal weight by the end of the challenge, along with three non-scale victories you would like to experience before the end of the challenge.

I'll go first:

SW: 287.0
CW: 287.0
GW: 225.0

Non-scale victories I would like to experience before June 21, 2013
1. Get up daily at 5:00 AM
2. Workout 5 days a week
3. Try a new workout once a week

That's it! See, it's easy. C'mon, you know you want to join. :wink:

Replies

• kyoung1908
    kyoung1908 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Oooh I love this challenge this is just what I need!! I'm so happy that you posted this!!

SW: 213
    CW: 213
    GW: 189

My Victories
    1. Finish 2 rounds of Insanity (Insane yes I know lol I'm doing the first round now)
    2. Cook healthier and teach my family to do the same
    3. Last but not least I want to find the perfect swimsuit for my body!!

Come on summer!!
  • Yana150
    Yana150 Posts: 226
    Options
    Hello, Kyoung1908! Thank you for you joining! You have some great goals - I'm especially impressed that you are going to complete 2 rounds of Insanity. You are a trooper - and you're going to phenomenal when summer hits!

I look forward to participating in the challenge together.
  • SereneRose
    SereneRose Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in it will be great motivation for my holiday June 29th.

SW: 249 on mfp
    CW: 226.8
    GW: 170

1) Fit in size 14 clothes comfortably.
    2) Look good in a swimsuit with no fat bulging if possible a 2 piece.
    3) Keep to the workout schedule i'm on and exercise 5-6x a week.

Looking forward to this one thanks Yana. :)
  • KMiche82
    KMiche82 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Ok I might as well join the challenge since I am challenging myself this year:)

SW: 237.8
    CW: 237.8
    GW: 187.0

1. Eat more veggies during each meal
    2. Workout 5 days or more a week
    3. Try to cut out eating out so much!
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Oh this sounds great! im in!

SW: 189
    CW: 184.4
    GW: 130

My Goals
    1. To complete turbofire and chalean extreme
    2. To be a good healthy role model for my kids
    3. Work out 5-6 days a week
  • Yana150
    Options
    :smile: Hi there, SereneRose, Kmiche82 and jmcreynolds91! Thanks for joining ladies, I'm so happy that you joined the summer challenge! I think we're all in for an awesome summer! I'm so excited!

It looks like we all have the same goal to workout 5-6 times per week, which is great! I don't know about you ladies, but I NEED the accountability buddies! :) Which workouts are you all currently doing?

Feel free to start posting right away! :bigsmile:
  • SereneRose
    Options
    "Lean on me when your not strong and i'll be your friend, i'll help you carry on" :laugh:

Which day of the week is the official weigh in day?
    I'm currently doing the 12 week Turbofire/CLX Hybrid and after that i've no idea but will be fun finding out.

Let's do this ladies!
  • Yana150
    Options
    See, Serene! Don't go offering your shoulder to be leaned on, because I will take you up on that offer. :)

I suppose people can weigh-in on their regular days, just let us know when you will be doing it. I weigh in every Sunday at 10:00 AM.

At the end of the challenge, I think that with Friday, June 21, 2013 being the final weigh-in, perhaps that is the only day we all have to weigh in on the same day. Do you think that will work?

Right now I am doing Leslie Sansone Walk at Home DVDs and Slim in Six. I will likely change my workout in six weeks, but I don't have any ideas about my next step.
  • em_c_r
    em_c_r Posts: 23
    Options
    Hey, I just joined the group and thought I'd jump in with both feet!

SW: 210
    CW: 200
    GW: 150

Goals:
    Eat healthier and drink more water
    Work out 5 days a week

I have been part of MFP for a year or more but haven't been using it to its full potential so I really need to do that! Okay, going to fill up my water bottle and figure out which workout DVD to do.
  • Dstdiva01
    Dstdiva01 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm in because on my next cruise I want to be rocking a two piece!

SW 231
    CW 231
    GW 195

Goals: eat better, drink more water, increase my strength training ( muscles make you look good naked!)
  • Yana150
    Options
    Welcome to our newest challengers, em_c_r , and Dstdiva01!

I'm glad you decided to jump right in, EM! MFP can be a little intimidating at times, but I think that you'll find the groups a pretty welcome place!

Miss Dstdiva, if you keep up with your strength training, you are going to look awesome for your cruise!

Feel free to post your weigh-in day of the week, or if you weigh-in bi-weekly, that's fine too.

Good luck, and feel free to post here as often as you like. :)
  • teeteelove5
    Options
    This will be fun! I am also going on a cruise in July for my 25th and I want to look great and be healthy. Feel free to add me as a friend!

SW:257
    CW:242
    GW: 180

Goals: Curb late night eating and start lifting weights.
  • SereneRose
    Options
    See, Serene! Don't go offering your shoulder to be leaned on, because I will take you up on that offer. :)

That's fine with me luv just don't let me worry when I saw you camped on my lawn or i'll stick the dogs on ya haha.
    Joking I know I need accountability when I feel weak and eat without thinking.

Btw my weigh in day for this challenge will be Sunday.
    Ooh I can already see my bikini bod in the horizon. :bigsmile:
  • Yana150
    Options
    Serene, you are too much! :bigsmile:

Welcome, Teeteelove5! All of you cruise ladies have me so jealous! I think I need to plan a little summer get away for myself. :) I hope that you feel comfortable posting here a often as you like.
  • alimarie53
    alimarie53 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

SW: 150
    CW: 147
    GW: 130
  • Yana150
    Options
    Hi alimarie53, thanks for joining us! Looks like you're already a little closer to your goal. Way to go!
  • wheretheresawilltheresaway4
    Options
    I'm in:

SW: 204lb
    CW: 188lb
    GW: 150lb

My goals: To stay mentally focused.
    Be able to workout for at least 90 minutes 5 days a week.
    Take it one meal at at time.
    Learn how to cook more healthier foods.
    To continue to feel like I'm missing something if I don't exercise.(It's a weird feeling to finally have, but I like it :))
  • noirnatural
    noirnatural Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    SW: 192
    CW: 182
    GW: 147

1. Be a non smoker
    2. Get some form of exercise daily
    3. Get to sleep earlier
  • Yana150
    Options
    I was going to wait until Sunday to try my new workout, but I found out about Daily Burn, and the African Dance vid on that site. Ohmigosh! I'm sitting here still trying to get my breath! Yeah, NSV met for the week! :)
  • Yana150
    Options
    Welcome new members Wheretheresawilltheresaway, and NoirNatural! :) Thanks so much for joining us on the challenge. What kinds of workouts are you ladies doing?