Summer Weight Loss Challenge

Options

Replies

• KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,269 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone I'm Kathy and I would like to join this challenge. Here'a my stats:

SW: 218
    CW: 218
    GW: 185

Non-scale victories I would like to experience before June 21, 2013
    1. Exercise a minimum of 5 days a week.
    2. Drink more water
    3. Cook healthier meals
    4. Do not get discouraged or give up

My workouts include walking...Leslie Sansone walking dvds and treadmill. I have new Zumba tapes that I haven't used yet. I also have Jillian Michaels Body Revolution which I stopped after Workout 7. I plan to mix it up. This is our year ladies...let's do this.

Thanks Yana for the new challenge.
  • Nette0309
    Nette0309 Posts: 106
    Options
    Hello sista's I am interesting in joining your challenge, my first wedding anniversary is June 29th and I want to feel fab ! I have to weigh myself on saturday. I will give my stats and NSV then. I look forward to giving and getting some much needed support !
  • Yana150
    Yana150 Posts: 226
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

I'd like to send a welcome to our newest challengers Kathy and Nette0309!! It's so nice to have you ladies come along for the ride with us. :flowerforyou:

Kathy, I love your addition of the 4th NSV. I think I'll adopt that one, too. It is so important not to get discouraged or give up. I know that I've allowed really small things to get in the way of my progress, and now that I recognize it, I have to do something about it. What a great reminder for all of us!

Nette, I really look forward to your post on Saturday. I'm so excited for the amazing changes you are going to experience in your body by the time your wedding anniversary comes around!

What is everyone doing this week for those results? Anyone have any weekly goals they'd like to share?

Have a great day! :)
  • missjasminee
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'd love to join the challenge!

SW: 224
    CW: 221
    GW: 160

1. Workout 5 days a week
    2. Plan out (and stick to!) a weekly meal plan
    3. Buy a bikini for the first time! :)
  • ladyonaquest
    ladyonaquest Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!

SW mfp: 247.8
    CW: 209.8
    GW:170

Non-Scale victories I would like to experience before June 21, 2013

1. Wear my favorite pair of jeans that's been in my closet forever size 11

2. A strip tease for my husband...LOL!! It's funny but it's true

3. Stop focusing on the scale indefinitely but my body!!
  • kyoung1908
    kyoung1908 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    To help reach my goal I have been cooking all my meals at home (I did eat from this new pizzeria last night and it was so not worth it!!) and I've been drinking nothing but water. My goal was to lose 4 pounds a month until the summer gets here but it looks like I may have to change that goal because I have already lost 3 pounds since this challange started!! Maybe my new goal should be to lose 8 pounds a month!!
  • SereneRose
    SereneRose Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    What is everyone doing this week for those results? Anyone have any weekly goals they'd like to share?

Hey gang!

I don't know what it is but even with the cold I feel coming on I feel full of energy and I couldn't help it had to have a sneak peak at the scale and I liked what I saw. Bring on Sunday!

Seeing as this is my first week of the T/F hybrid i'm doing my mini goals this week are,

1) To do the workout even on Saturday (I usually skip it)
    2) Stay on the keto track and not cave to temptation at the weekend.

If you can believe it and conceive it you can achieve it ladies. :smile:
  • noirnatural
    noirnatural Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Welcome new members Wheretheresawilltheresaway, and NoirNatural! :) Thanks so much for joining us on the challenge. What kinds of workouts are you ladies doing?

thanks you for the warm welcome!

Im going to do walking and circuit training..I have some great videos, Leslie Sansone walking tapes and I have some Biggest Loser and Extreme Weight Loss work out tapes..so I am going to do those and ride my stationary bike..
  • e2camille
    e2camille Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    sounds like a great challenge, I'm in.

SW:190
    CW:185
    GW: 165

Goal 1: Work out at least 5 days a week
    Goal 2: replace breakfast and lunch with a nutritious protein shake
    Goal 3: Do crunches at least 5 times a day

I am currently doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred I am on Day 9 and I love it. Next month I plan to start bodynomics and alternate between that and kettlebell classes.
  • Nette0309
    Options
    Hey ladies, thanks for the welcome, my goal for the week is to work out 4 days this eeek for 20-30 mins in the morning before my family wakes, because by the evening, I just kniw I am not a night person, so fsr I got 3/4 done.
  • Nette0309
    Options
    OMG I luv me some Leslie !!!!! I hope to work out in her stufio one day only 45 mins from me, we reside in Pittdburgh Pa
  • Yana150
    Options
    Good morning! Yay! We've got new challengers! Welcome to MissJasminee, Losinit4life (hey friend! :)), and E2Camile! Thanks for joining ladies, I know that you will reach your goals! :)

For those ladies doing Leslie DVDs - WATP - I love those, too. I have a few of her DVDs and even gave some away and I still have quite a few. I really enjoy her walks after work. She also has MP3s of her walks so that you can use them on the treadmill or the elliptical.

And Kyoung - good for you! 3 lbs down is impressive! :)

Keep it going ladies!
  • Yummy208
    Yummy208 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm in I think this was a great idea...:love:

SW: 204
    CW: 201
    GW: 170

Non Scale Goals:
    1. Work out for a Hour in the morning and a Hour in the evening.
    2. Keep up with working out 6 days a week.
    3. Fit into a size 10/12 comfortably and put on my new 2-piece swim suit.:bigsmile:
  • em_c_r
    em_c_r Posts: 23
    Options
    Everyone is so motivated! I had a bad day yesterday- super snacky sweet tooth going on and I indulged it. And I didn't do a workout. I was feeling very down and then remembered I just need to leave yesterday alone and focus on doing well today! So goal today is to snack on carrot sticks or just drink water instead. And to get a good workout in!
  • vdeanel
    vdeanel Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies I know I a couple of days late but I would also like to join the challenge.

SW: 283(post partum) 4/29/12.
    CW: 238.5
    GW: 170

Non scale related goals:
    1. Shop in the misses department
    2. Join a fitness group and exercise with the group 2-3 times a week
    3. Join an adult sporting league
  • Yana150
    Options
    Welcome new challenger, Vdeanel! How cool that you want to join an adult sporting league! Which sport do you want to play?

Em, you have the right idea. We can't change yesterday, but stay the course for today. The phrase that usually gets me through those hard times is, "Just for today". I think that I can manage as long as I'm thinking just for today.
  • Yana150
    Options
    Hi ladies! I was thinking about it today, and I think that we should have some Official Weigh-in Days. I'm thinking that the Official Weigh-ins will be: February 21, April 21, and the final day of the challenge, June 21.

Everyone can submit their weight on the their regular weigh in days, and update the challenge as much as they want, but I think that this will help provide better markers. After re-reading Serene's post, I think that this is what she meant by weigh in days, and I missed what she meant. Sorry about that!

I'll post this in the lead post for anyone new. Also, feel free to update your original post with your goal weights for each official weigh in. I'll update mine here, and again, in the lead post.

Sorry for any confusion ladies! Let's get it! :)

SW: 287.0
    CW: 287.0
    GW: 225.0

Official weigh-in Weight Goals:

February 21 - 259
    April 21 - 233
    June 21 - 225

1. Get up daily at 5:00 AM
    2. Workout 5 days a week
    3. Try a new workout once a week
  • Nette0309
    Options
    Hi ladies! I was thinking about it today, and I think that we should have some Official Weigh-in Days. I'm thinking that the Official Weigh-ins will be: February 21, April 21, and the final day of the challenge, June 21.

Everyone can submit their weight on the their regular weigh in days, and update the challenge as much as they want, but I think that this will help provide better markers. After re-reading Serene's post, I think that this is what she meant by weigh in days, and I missed what she meant. Sorry about that!

I'll post this in the lead post for anyone new. Also, feel free to update your original post with your goal weights for each official weigh in. I'll update mine here, and again, in the lead post.

Sorry for any confusion ladies! Let's get it! :)

SW: 287.0
    CW: 287.0
    GW: 225.0

Official weigh-in Weight Goals:

February 21 - 259
    April 21 - 233
    June 21 - 225

1. Get up daily at 5:00 AM
    2. Workout 5 days a week
    3. Try a new workout once a week

How are you calculating how much weight you want to lose by the dates ? I have MFP set for 1 lb a week, just so I won't add any pressure on myself, should I just use that? Although I would love to aim for 2 lbs a week. Just not sure how to go about setting a goals without beating myself up... I can be my worst enemy, I plan on weighing myself tomorrow, I thought TOM would be done today, but I should be good on tomorrow and I will do my WI on Sundays and on the groups required dates as well.
  • Yana150
    Options
    Hey there Nette!

I choose those numbers based on the amount of weight that I chose that I wanted to lose per month. It is my goal to lose 5% of my body weight each month. That seems pretty lofty, but factors to about 3lbs per week.

If you are aiming for 1lb lost per week, that's perfect. Please, don't put too much pressure on yourself. I want you to feel the challenge, not defeat. :)
  • tricelive
    tricelive Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Im so in......

SW: - August 20, 2012 -285lbs
    CW: 228lbs
    GW: 180lbs