Summer Weight Loss Challenge

Options

Replies

• jojoRB
    jojoRB Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hello I would love to join this challenge!!!
    SW: 206
    CW: 206
    GW: 160

my goals:
    1. to drink water everyday
    2. to workout 5x a week
    3. to stick to thus goal
  • SereneRose
    SereneRose Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies how is everyone's week so far?

Many of you won't know this but I am a compulsive weigher, i'm always stepping on the scales as I like to know my fluctuations silly I know but I only log my loss once a week. Thought I'd share as today I am happy that my blips over the weekend and my cave in to a lamb pattie last night didn't do any damage and the scale went in the right direction.

I'm getting over a cold and lost a little enthusiasm for exercise but seeing that has motivated me more to kick my big butt back into gear.

Have a brill day and atay strong your on the right path. :flowerforyou:
  • Nette0309
    Nette0309 Posts: 106
    Options
    Hello ladies how is everyone's week so far?

Many of you won't know this but I am a compulsive weigher, i'm always stepping on the scales as I like to know my fluctuations silly I know but I only log my loss once a week. Thought I'd share as today I am happy that my blips over the weekend and my cave in to a lamb pattie last night didn't do any damage and the scale went in the right direction.

I'm getting over a cold and lost a little enthusiasm for exercise but seeing that has motivated me more to kick my big butt back into gear.

Have a brill day and atay strong your on the right path. :flowerforyou:

Good Morning Serene ! I would say I am doing great so far this week, I accomplish my weekly goal of trying a new work out, I pushed through 30 Day Shred Level 1 for the first time and I am looking forward to addign that to my rotation, I was scared I couldn't get through it, but I did better than I thought ! I say if checking the scale helps keep your mind right then go for it ! Whatever makes things easier for you to stay focused sis.
  • Nette0309
    Options
    hello I would love to join this challenge!!!
    SW: 206
    CW: 206

my goals:
    1. to drink water everyday
    2. to workout 5x a week
    3. to stick to thus goal

Welcome JoJo ! I love how simple and consise your NSV are, KISS Right !
  • Nette0309
    Options
    Any Natural hair Chica's in the challenge, if so how are ya'll maintiaing your kinky, coily, curly tresses with your regimen? It is taking alot of time to stay focused and just as much time on my hair, I love it but it's def time consuming...
  • SereneRose
    Options
    I have been at a loss with my hair from day 1 my problem is my scalp sweats and then my roots go kinky and I don't like to press it with heat every time so most days at work I look a mess lol but I wear it with pride as it's the messy head of hard work. ;)
    I like to put it in braids and then do a light wash much easier to manage besides that would love some help with this too.
  • Nette0309
    Options
    I have been at a loss with my hair from day 1 my problem is my scalp sweats and then my roots go kinky and I don't like to press it with heat every time so most days at work I look a mess lol but I wear it with pride as it's the messy head of hard work. ;)
    I like to put it in braids and then do a light wash much easier to manage besides that would love some help with this too.

So your natural but maintain it with a straight look ? I usually wear twist or twist outs, or a high bun or low bun in between twist sets, but I think I need to do some kinky twist braid extensions, I usually get them during the fall and winter months to protect my hair. Only problem my stylist/ niece went away to college lol I"m use to low cost stylist !
  • SereneRose
    Options
    Yeah I straighten it basically when I can be bothered but don't like to often due to heat damage so most times it is up in a bun with a headband to hide/hold down the front kinks. My hair is breaking and I don't know why I think it's partly due to my PCOS so I am now going to keep it in single braids throughout the year giving it a break for 2 weeks in between. I don't know if sweat is bad for our hair or what but I am getting desperate trying to get my length back. I want to look like the American girls on the relaxer kits :laugh:
    Import some products to me quick!! :tongue:

I hear you with reg the cost effective stylist my aunt does mine and I pay £30 for her time which is approx 5-8hrs and I buy the hair, never had twists thinking cornrow into a ponytail next round.
  • patricia_gene
    Options
    Hi everyone, I would like to join - this group looks like great motivation!

SW: 243
    CW: 237.6
    GW: 196

Three NSV's

1. Jog a 10K
    2. Lose 8" from my waist
    3. Work out 6x a week
  • Nette0309
    Options
    Yeah I straighten it basically when I can be bothered but don't like to often due to heat damage so most times it is up in a bun with a headband to hide/hold down the front kinks. My hair is breaking and I don't know why I think it's partly due to my PCOS so I am now going to keep it in single braids throughout the year giving it a break for 2 weeks in between. I don't know if sweat is bad for our hair or what but I am getting desperate trying to get my length back. I want to look like the American girls on the relaxer kits :laugh:

I hear you with reg the cost effective stylist my aunt does mine and I pay £30 for her time which is approx 5-8hrs and I buy the hair, never had twists thinking cornrow into a ponytail next round.

Oh where are you from ?
  • Nette0309
    Options
    Hi everyone, I would like to join - this group looks like great motivation!

SW: 243
    CW: 237.6
    GW: 196

Three NSV's

1. Jog a 10K
    2. Lose 8" from my waist
    3. Work out 6x a week

Welcome Patricia !!! Your NSV's are impressive !
  • SereneRose
    Options

Oh where are you from ?
    London, UK and our products are no where near as good as the US. I use kera care but don't think it's doing much good to prevent breaking and such and I use organics root simulator mayonnaise for treatments with a heated cap. I wonder if it's our horrible weather that makes my hair break and split. Idk.
  • nekoface
    nekoface Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join too!

SW: 150lbs
    CW: 144lbs
    GW: 130lbs

NSV:
    1: Use the WiiFit five days a week, for at least 30 minutes each time.
    2: Learn one dance. Any dance.
    3. Drink a max of 2 cans of Coke a week (I love Coke).
  • Yana150
    Yana150 Posts: 226
    Options
    :smile: Good morning friends and new challengers! I'd like to say welcome to: Tiawana, NCSbabygirl, GreekAmerican, Jesusislove15, jojoRB, Patricia_gene and Nekoface! WELCOME! WELCOME! WELCOME! :) I'm so happy that you're all joining us!

I'm sorry I'm late with this, I had to do some writing yesterday and didn't log in to this thread at all, but I see that Nette had me covered on the welcome messages! Thanks, Nette!:flowerforyou: Oh, and how do you find 30 Day Shred? I'm a little afraid of it, but I'm going to need another workout after Slim in 6 is over. Let me know how you like it.

I saw the post above about natural hair, and I'm a natural. I've been natural for years, my avatar is of me with a Dominican blowout. Rosario is the TRUTH, but because I like my curls, I don't get my hair heat styled anymore.

These days, when I workout, I usually do so with my hair in French braids or twists. I always rinse my hair after working out, and either re-braid or WNG. I find that wearing a puff when working out was giving me awful headaches, and wearing it loose, wasn't bad, unless I was planning to do a wash and detangle.

Sorry to load this post - but Serene, I just read an article yesterday about the positive link between eating milled flaxseeds and treatment for PCOS. It's quite technical, but very interesting. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2752973/
  • Yana150
    Options
    I was thinking of doing a detox/cleanse this weekend, anyone have any suggestions?
  • SereneRose
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies.

Hey Yana thanks for the link i'm going to read it tonight.

Unfortunately I cannot advise about the cleanse but I have done 30DS and I know it works you wouldn't think 20 minutes a day hard work but she is tough. I lasted 10 days and I could see a difference on the tape measure so go for it just be careful with your knees and jumping jacks.

How do you do a light rinse with your hair? If I get any water on it it goes kinky and I have to straighten it so after exercise I don't wash each time I leave it to the end of the week and wash and sit under a heated cap with mayonnaise for an hour.
    I stopped relaxing 3 years ago and i'm basically natural now would a blow out work with my hair because it's quite kinked when not straightened and how long does it last?

Thanks. :smile:
  • Tasha520
    Options
    OK I'm in

SW: 285.4
    CW: 270.1

Non-Scale Victories
    1. Workout 5x a week
    2. Cook everyday
    3. Stop being coffee dependent

1532922.png
  • Yana150
    Options
    Welcome ThaQueen!!! :) Wishing you much success here! Post as often as you would like. :)

Serene, when I shower after working out, I just wet my hair without washing it. I generally wash it once a week, and between washing, I will rinse my hair with water only. If you are trying to wear your natural hair straight after a workout, then you might want to pull your hair taut while you exercise and keep your length in a bun away from your scalp. Only release your hair from the bun when you have finished sweating/showering, and you are certain that moisture will not touch the ends of your hair. That is the best way that I can think of the extend the life of your blowout without adding more heat during the week. If you are not concerned about heat use, then perhaps doing what I said above, only adding a light blowdry.

I gave up trying to extend my blowouts. The only time I had a blowout last through humid weather and workouts was when my hair was heat damaged, but since I prefer to wear my hair curly and in a WNG/fro, I no longer heat style my hair.

Wearing my hair curly has made working out a breeze. I sweat like a mad woman no matter what I do, and I've probably wasted $1000's of dollars by sweating out hairstyles, but this just makes like so much easier. I'm no longer fighting to keep the curls straight, and I can sweat as much as I like without fear of my hair puffing up...it's already puffy! :)
  • hotpink3690
    Options
    I would like to join the challenge.

SW: 320
    CW:310
    GW:250

Non Scle victories:
    1. Walk upstairs without knee pain
    2. Swim at least once a week
    3. Start wearing some of my old ( smaller) suits
  • Yana150
    Options
    Hey there, hopink3690! Welcome to the challenge! :)