Summer Weight Loss Challenge

Options

Replies

• 5T2O5Y1I9N8E5
    5T2O5Y1I9N8E5 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    A challenge is just what I need! There's nothing I hate more than sabotaging myself after working out hard, feeling good, and then I just eat whatever. it's a process I'm working through....my new motto is: "skinny" taste bettered than fat!....although I'm not really into skinny ;)

SW: 262
    CW: 262
    EoCGW: 224

No scale goal:
    -Sticking to a healthy lifestyle that includes regular exercise and eating a balanced meal daily.
    -Get my Mom and BF to join me on this journey.
    -Give up my addiction to sweets and processed carbs.
    -Give myself a fighting chance to do this myself before ever considering surgery again....it's been a thought lately.
  • ScorpioMoonxX
    Options
    I'm in! I'm so ready to get summertime sexy! Sorry, been lurking the group for a while and didn't introduce myself. I'm scorpiomoonxX and I'd love a fitness buddy for this challenge if anyone in interested. *waves shyly* :embarassed:

SW:125
    CW:125
    GW:110

Not Scale Goals:

-Get navel pierced
    -Wear crop top to show off said navel piercing (lol)
    -Get a 6 pack
    - Eat more organic and teach hubby better habits as well
    -Run for a mile without having to call the emts
  • Yana150
    Yana150 Posts: 226
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome new ladies!!!! Whathaveidun, junebaby21, tabethasu, sacolema, chalegirl, sdc225, 5t205y1l9n8e5, and ScorpiomoonxX!!! I know that you ladies will experience awesome success with us in this challege! Here's to your best health! :)
  • Yana150
    Options
    I did my 2/21 weigh-in and it's official, I'm holding at 4 lbs lost which would've been a boo, had I not decided to check my measurements which have gone down quite nicely. I've lost 5 total inches, 1.5 from my waist, since 1/26/13 - so I'm thrilled!

I wore a dress on Wednesday that was in my give to Goodwill bag, and it's now a new favorite. :)

I hope that you all are experiencing great losses and great health! :)

I'm sorry that I'm a bit MIA these days, I'm working on my portfolio and spending much too much time on another forum. :blushing: I'll be back to normal next week. :)

Have a great week everyone! :)
  • Raesin70
    Options
    SW: 184
    CW: 164
    GW: 149

Goals:
    1) Not get discouraged. (down 20 lbs didn't drop 1 inch.) :grumble:
    2) Work harder at toning.
    3) Take time to plan meals in advance.
  • ozteez
    ozteez Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone this sounds awesome.

SW: 266
    CW: 266
    GW: 187

NSG:
    1) To maintain a healthy meal plan
    2) Keep focused on exercise/training
    3) To stay of the cigarettes.
  • Yana150
    Options
    Welcome to our summer weight loss challenge Ozteez! I know that you'll connect with some of the wonderful women on this thread. I'm wishing you good health and a successful weight loss journey! Oh, and very good luck on NSG #3! :flowerforyou:
  • Yummy208
    Yummy208 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! :flowerforyou:

My weekly check in for the group:
    sw 204
    cw 185
    gw 170

Goals for this week!
    1. Continue to walk if the weather permits 30* and above
    2. Weight lift 4 days this week
    3. lose at least 3lbs this week
    4. Not to be afraid to go clothes shopping this week and get that size 12. Kids keep talking about my clothes falling off of me!
  • Yummy208
    Yummy208 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Way to go Yana150, good for you on the dress! Keep up the good work. You have such a great Spirit about yourself! I love that never let anyone take your JOY....
  • angelh1908
    angelh1908 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    SW - 181
    CW - 176.5
    GW - 140

Weigh - ins:
    1/28 - 181
    2/4 - 181
    2/11 - 179
    2/18 - 178
    2/25 - 176.5

Official Weigh-in dates:
    2/21 - 177 (met my goal of 177.5)
  • SereneRose
    SereneRose Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Had to dig this out for extra motivation because it is so easy for me to become deflated on this journey.

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
    When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
    When the funds are low and the debts are high,
    And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
    When care is pressing you down a bit,
    Rest, if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns,
    As every one of us sometimes learns,
    And many a failure turns about,
    When he might have won had he stuck it out;
    Don't give up though the pace seems slow
    You may succeed with another blow.

Often the goal is nearer than,
    It seems to a faint and faltering man,
    Often the struggler has given up,
    When he might have captured the victor's cup,
    And he learned too late when the night slipped down,
    How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out
    The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
    And you never can tell how close you are,
    It may be near when it seems so far,
    So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit
    It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.

Hope this can help motivate you too. :flowerforyou:
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,268 Member
    Options
    Thank you SereneRose...boy did I need this motivation. I've been struggling and this was a real pick me up:smile::flowerforyou:
  • KAR1959
    Options
    I've decided to make an adjustment to my goals for this challenge. I've been struggling and the weight is coming off really slow or not at all. I will not get discouraged...just trying to be realistic so I've given myself the option of a new start. I will weigh in on Monday to keep me focused on the weekend. So here are my stats as of today:

2/25 - SW: 219
    GW: 195

Goals and NSVs:
    1. Exercise at a minimum of 5 days a week.
    2. Cook and eat healthier meals
    3. Drink a minimum of 80oz of water a day

Thank you Yana and all my friends in this group for your support and motivating words. Starting again and will not give up!
  • SereneRose
    SereneRose Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Go for it!
    We share the same goals so lets continue February with a positive outlook and determination to reach our goals.:smile:
  • ladyonaquest
    ladyonaquest Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Down .80 this week! I'm crawling my way on to ONEderland!! Total lost since joining this challenge is 7.4.

SW:209.8 CW 202.4 GW:175
  • soosweet1920
    soosweet1920 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Injured myself and was out of it for awhile (being clumsy ugh!) Back at it and having a great start!!
  • Yana150
    Options
    Way to go Yana150, good for you on the dress! Keep up the good work. You have such a great Spirit about yourself! I love that never let anyone take your JOY....

Thanks lady!! :) I can be a challenge to keep up the drive to push on, but I'm doing it. :):flowerforyou:
  • Yana150
    Options
    I've decided to make an adjustment to my goals for this challenge. I've been struggling and the weight is coming off really slow or not at all. I will not get discouraged...just trying to be realistic so I've given myself the option of a new start. I will weigh in on Monday to keep me focused on the weekend. So here are my stats as of today:

Goals and NSVs:

Thank you Yana and all my friends in this group for your support and motivating words. Starting again and will not give up!

Hey lady! I'm all for fresh new starts. I like your idea to weigh in on Monday to keep you accountable through the weekend. That is a really good idea.

I'm a slow loser, too. I have PCOS and I seem to have just plateaued where I am (or gain a little water weight and then go right back to plateau weight). It can be challenging to lose so slowly, but we can do it. I changed my ticker to reflect my first real goal, not my total goal because it just seemed insurmountable. I've also changed my weight goals. Course corrections are often necessary in weight loss. You're gonna win!!! :)
  • Yana150
    Options
    Down .80 this week! I'm crawling my way on to ONEderland!! Total lost since joining this challenge is 7.4.

SW:209.8 CW 202.4 GW:175

Your body is not going make Onderland an easy win, is it? :) You can do it!!
  • KAR1959
    Options

Goals and NSVs:

Hey lady! I'm all for fresh new starts. I like your idea to weigh in on Monday to keep you accountable through the weekend. That is a really good idea.

I'm a slow loser, too. I have PCOS and I seem to have just plateaued where I am (or gain a little water weight and then go right back to plateau weight). It can be challenging to lose so slowly, but we can do it. I changed my ticker to reflect my first real goal, not my total goal because it just seemed insurmountable. I've also changed my weight goals. Course corrections are often necessary in weight loss. You're gonna win!!! :)
    Thank you so much and also SereneRose. Sometimes all we need to hear are those words of encouragement from someone else. I feel I'm back on course now. :smile: