Work outs

Options
2»

Replies

• JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Added CrossFit, and now I've also added running 5Ks with a running group several times a week. I've been running on my own, but I find that running with the group motivates me to run faster than when I go on my own.
  • Daisy_Cutter_
    Daisy_Cutter_ Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it's new or cool, but I'm doing some more trail running. Lots of elevation gain and then some super steep downhill running. I love it. I'm a good downhill runner... always have been so it is a lot of fun.

I want to start some sort or martial arts this summer. Don't know what....
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it's new or cool, but I'm doing some more trail running. Lots of elevation gain and then some super steep downhill running. I love it. I'm a good downhill runner... always have been so it is a lot of fun.

I am the strange person and prefer to run up hill compared to down hill. I have this fear of falling when I run down hill as I fell out of control.
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    I've been plateau'ed for almost a year now, and while my shape has changed in that time, I really want to kick-start some losses again, as I'd like to drop another 20-25lb. That being so, I've taken advantage of a very generous offer at my day job which gives me a gym membership for £10/month taken directly from my salary, despite loathing gyms. It's going to be a real challenge to fit things in to my already-too-busy schedule, but I'm up for trying Zumba, Body Pump, Body Combat, maybe a spin class, some Pilates and Yoga - whatever classes work with my week (earplugs at the ready!) - , and working more weights - machine and free - into my exercise. Probably pretty standard for most of you, but the classes are definitely outside my comfort zone!

I started doing resistance band, handweight and body-weight exercises in the summer, and have really started to build that up recently, and I'll start cycling to or from work again, instead of walking, once it gets a bit lighter and a little warmer/dryer - I don't mind walking in the rain, but it's tricky to hold up an umbrella and steer a bike :laugh:
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options

I am the strange person and prefer to run up hill compared to down hill. I have this fear of falling when I run down hill as I fell out of control.

I"m with both of you.... prefer trails (I get bored easily on the road) and also prefer the hills (it feels like more of an adventure, lol). Ah, I'm so ready to be back out there!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I don't mind walking in the rain, but it's tricky to hold up an umbrella and steer a bike :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: You definitely wouldn't be alive for long in London traffic honey!! :noway:
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    What I really need back is hockey... nothing burns calories like a game of puck. I thought about getting back into mens league, but I've lost my competitive edge for the sport and don't think I could do it just for fun.

One of my buddies wants to start flag football games on Sundays starting in the spring... I'm afraid for my knees, when did I become such a wuss!!!
    I was actually in a social co-ed floor hockey league for a while, it was fun and I could play pretty much whenever I wanted because people were always looking for subs. And it was at much better times than the ice times available for men's league hockey.
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    What I really need back is hockey... nothing burns calories like a game of puck. I thought about getting back into mens league, but I've lost my competitive edge for the sport and don't think I could do it just for fun.

One of my buddies wants to start flag football games on Sundays starting in the spring... I'm afraid for my knees, when did I become such a wuss!!!
    I was actually in a social co-ed floor hockey league for a while, it was fun and I could play pretty much whenever I wanted because people were always looking for subs. And it was at much better times than the ice times available for men's league hockey.

I'm not even sure if they have floor hockey here as there are rinks everywhere. There should be a place called gym class, and you just do all the stuff that gym classes do... I'd buy a membership.
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Am a big fan of body pump. Do it twice a week to offset my regular workouts. But I want to do more core work, so I bought myself a power/sport hoop (weighted hula hoop). Haven't tried it yet, but seeing how I don't know how to hula hoop with a regular one, this should be interesting!!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options

I'm not even sure if they have floor hockey here as there are rinks everywhere. There should be a place called gym class, and you just do all the stuff that gym classes do... I'd buy a membership.

I hated gym! I was the kid who volunteered to organize the equipment instead of playing. I wish gym had been just working out for 60 minutes, would've liked it much better.
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I've mainly been doing a mix of Chalean Extreme, Jillian Michaels DVDs, and the Insanity workouts. I can't believe how much stronger I've gotten over the past couple of months.

I really love running, though, but with all the snow and cold it's been tough to do any. (I can't do a treadmill; running outside is what really does it for me.) So now that the snow has melted and the temperatures are in the 30s, I'm going to start picking it up again on the weekends. Once daylight savings hits in April I'll be able to start my morning runs before work again.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    My body seems to be rebelling against my ability to work out. Be it injury or illness. My favorite is running, but I've been doing more strength and yoga lately.

I really miss softball (played fastpitch for 8 years) but I seem to be too much of a chicken to join an existing team with no current friends.
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I played sports a lot to keep in shape..that is until I got out of shape. New to me are kettlebells. I don't even bother with the gym anymore. I love them!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I love the gym. I am friends with most the people that work there including the trainers. The thing is I don't belong to a big chain. It is a good mix of people and I have neve once felt uncomfortable working out there.