starting Insanity 18 Feb 2013

Options
MrsAgi
MrsAgi Posts: 338 Member
Got my DVDs, and ready to go on Monday when the kids go back to school.

Absolutely terrified, so would love some buddies to help me through.....

Replies

• Cupcakebettiejo
    Cupcakebettiejo Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Feel free to add. I have almost finished month 1. So i will try and motivate and support you through your insanity madness!:)

Jo
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Let's do this. Are you doing the fit test on the 18th or the first full workout? Add me if you want to.
  • MrsAgi
    Options
    I'll be doing the fit test on the 18th, then straight onto the workouts on the 19th - the calendar suggests it that way, working out Mon to Sat each week. Think I'm going to have to do it early AM before work, so hope I survive.......
  • trinity_sw
    Options
    I do it before work also! I've found I've had more energy thoughout the day, hopefully you'll be the same also. Let us know how you get on next week! x
  • MrsAgi
    Options
    I used to run early AM, so know how great it feels *AFTER* you've worked out lol. Hopefully I'll find it easier to get on with insanity at 6am as I won't have the weather/baby crying/kids awake excuses not to go out:-)
  • determined1221
    determined1221 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I just finished week one- I am doing Saturday through Thursday. I do my workouts at 5:30am on the weekdays :) Add me I love to give and get support!!
  • mkimble05
    mkimble05 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just ordered mine today so hopefully it will be in fairly soon! Nervous 2 start it though...
  • MrsAgi
    Options
    MY fit test 1 results:

SK -110
    PJ -29
    PK - 72
    PJ - 25
    GJ - 7
    SJ - 12
    PUJ - 8
    LPO -24

I did better than I expected, but pulled a muscle in my back trying to squeeze out an extra push up jack *ooops*

Looking forward nervously to the real deal tomorrow morning!
  • trinity_sw
    Options
    thats brilliant! I'm glad you did better then you thought - keep an eye on your back though. Good luck for day 2! x
  • MrsAgi
    Options
    Well,I survived my first real day - did pylo this morning, and survived! I couldn't do the core exercises circuit though - think I'll have to spend a bit of time practising my push ups and squat thrusts.......
  • heyitsadam
    heyitsadam Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday too. I've been through it TWICE and it works! I had to take a month off because I sprained my knee, so I'm going slow this time to get my feet under me again.

It's funny, because I'm pacing myself, the workout seems "new" again. I'm focusing more on perfect form rather than racking out hundreds of reps.

PS. I already got the t-shirt!!

(feel free to friend me)
  • Tbenee0920
    Tbenee0920 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I struggled just as well. You must feel good that you made it through DAY 1 :)
  • Tbenee0920
    Tbenee0920 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Heyitsadam! I took a stab at Insanity a year ago and did much better than I am this time around. I am so out of shape it's not even funny. I would like to add you all for motivation on Myfitnesspal if that's alright.
  • MrsAgi
    Options
    Week 1 done - yay!

No noticeable weight or inch loss yet (although my measuring is pretty hit and miss tbh), but one week isn't long. I am optimistic that it WILL work eventually - and has got to make me stronger/fitter whatever else.

My 2 year old joined in with my suicide drills today lol. He normally "drives" round and round me being a car/train or plays jigsaws with my mats, so joining in was better:)