Welcome RN's! Introduce yourselves!

Options

Replies

• JEL108
    JEL108 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm new to the board. I've been a RN for almost 4 years.. decided that after two kids its time to get fit and healthy for me and for them! Currently doing p90X with my husband! 6 weeks post partum i've already lost 26 lbs which is all the baby wt and then some. my goal is to lose 20 more!!
  • SmangeDiggs
    SmangeDiggs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    Im ange ive been a nurse for a few years now and im currently giving emergency nurse a go. Ive been on MFP for almost 2 yrs but have only really started taking it seriously this year. I've moved to a new country that is incessantly hot and i cant hide in my winter fat clothes, so im making an effort to feel good about myself in any type of clothing. I've lost a couple of kgs so far and have lots more to go.
  • sarahred13
    Options
    Hi,
    I have been a RN for 9 years, it'll be 10 in May. I recently returned back to my passion Labor and Delivery. I am working PRN mostly on night shift. I have worked in different areas since I started, Immediate care unit/PEDS, Post-Partum/Nursery, LTC-office nursing/ADON/DON. I decided I no longer wanted to be in administration so I returned to my passion L&D. Prior to joing MFP, I have steadily gained weight and have tried many different diets. I decided that it is now time for me to practice what I preach to patients and I am ready to make better choices regarding my health. I am ready to be better and feel better.
  • rodeothedog
    rodeothedog Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I did practice questions all day everyday. Kaplan review book is a must. I liked the flash card questions I even did them in the bath tub. The kaplan book will give you hints there is somethings on the nclex that is always on them.
  • rodeothedog
    rodeothedog Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I am a 36 year old who has been a nurse for 5 years. I was a Certified Medical Assistant prior. I only worked in Med surg for 2 months and have been working in a Hospice general inpt unit ever since. LOVE IT. It can be stressful. Orginially I worked 3-1130 5 days a week. Last Novemeber we proposed 12 1/2 hours and it was approved. I do like it better but with 4 kids it is challeging. My husband works a different shift in winter and is on call everyday. I do hate that I don't have energy to work out the days I work. When I started I was one of the younger nurses, not anymore I feel old, tired and fat.....LOL We do have a unique bond, we take care of others, now we should take care of ourselves.
  • dylsmom99
    dylsmom99 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello ALL!!!!

NYC ER Rn here.. stuck on night shift,,, been there for 3 years.. Its my second career,, was a NYC Paramedic my whole life so you wanna see stress, Ill show you stress!...lol,, what did that stress do to me,,,, 265 at my highest!!!! grr,,, stuck around 200 now,, can't break through that freaken 2 to save my life,, but I'm ok with that.. my stamina and strength are at an all time him. Im physically morphing and loving it.
    Eating and sleeping are my nemesis. I never ever eat enough,, nor do I sleep enough ( have two other part-time jobs).. SO i know why I'm not progressing,, Hey knowledge is power,,,,,,,,,,,now to over power the knowledge...
    Always looking for friends who understand my life and can push me,,,, Feel free to add me,,, MFP is like a religion, Im here to pray every day!
  • Hi my name is Jamilah. I am a Labor & Delivery nurse looking to lose about 50 lbs with a workout partner to stay motivated. I currently reside in the Oak Lawn area with my fiancé and no kids just my Maltese, Winter. Add me to start the journey to fabulously fit!!!!!!!!!!
  • BreakingOath
    BreakingOath Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Graduated in may and started in an ER in June 2012. I work nights and I'm just now starting to find a balance between sleeping, eating, working, and exercising.
  • ChristineRNnMommy2
    ChristineRNnMommy2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP. I've been a nurse for about 9 years...ICU and cath lab/ IR lab. I more recently started as nursing supervision too. So keeping up with two boys, 5&1, is kicking my butt! And making it grow! I'm thankful for the support!
  • PamalaRN
    PamalaRN Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello fellow nurses. My name is Pamala and I have been a nurse since 1982. I work in a VA hospital and love my job! Would love to lose about 10 pounds. I have so many clothes that I have saved just in case I really do it. Love this APP and am also useing GRUVE device to track my activity. I have been told they are partnering with myfitnesspal soon so they will sync.

The gruve jiggles to remind me to get up and move! Will let you know how it works as time goes by!
    Pamala
  • Jensan03
    Jensan03 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow nurses!

I am Jennifer, been a registered nurse for little over 6 years & work in a rehab facility that I absolutely love! I am pretty new to MFP but am dedicated to losing weight and lifestyle changes. Currently live in MN...wishing I was somewhere warmer. Feel free to add me as I love new friends for support!
  • blb2870
    blb2870 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey Tzipporah! I think I was your nursing instructor! :happy:
  • blb2870
    blb2870 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey so my name is Bethany and I'm an Emergency Department Charge Nurse on nights. I've been an RN for 3 years, all ED. I got up to 210 during nursing school, got down to 170 and then was hospitalized for an anaphylaxis and placed on steriods for several weeks and gained a signifcant amount of weight. And my previous post was meant for Tzziporah!
  • aleksvwa
    aleksvwa Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi to all!

I'm a ICU RN- Burn Surgery and Pediatric Trauma. I was in relatively decent shape but became really sedentary during my school days and discovered the wonders of stress eating! Made me feel good, but boy did I bloom! Naturally to complicate it, I work night shift with a group that loves to do pot lucks, so a couple of things to overcome here. My knees have let me know, it's time to whittle down. So here I am.

Good luck to all!

:happy:
  • geminside
    geminside Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I have been an RN since 1995. I am currently a Hep C Treatment Nurse, before I managed an HIV clinic. I have worked at a fam doc office and worked for 10 years in a hospital before that.

I love my job but it can be quite demanding and time consuming. I am basically "on call" all the time next to my full time job.
    I am mom to 2 wonderful teenage boys and wife to a lovely husband who works way to hard as well having his own business.

Last month I decided I should try to fit in a little "me" time. My weight has been creeping up ever since I started nursing school and I still have not lost my pregnancy weight...lol (need to lose at least 66lbs, and that would still put me in the "overweight" category)
    I try to eat healthy and fit in a workout every day. Started 30DS 9 days ago and already seeing a difference!

I always tell my patients they need to take care of themselves in order to be able to take care of someone else.

Let's see if I can live up to my own advice.
  • kmbiehl
    kmbiehl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My name is Kristine from sunny CA. I'm a recent RN Graduate waiting to take my NCLEX. I gained close to 30 lbs while in school and I'm hoping to lose that very soon.
  • Naturally_EB
    Naturally_EB Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow RNs! My name is Ebony. I've been a NICU- RN for 5 years now. I started out working night-shift but switched to days almost a year ago. I felt the need to make the big change largely due to health reasons. My constant lack of sleep was making me a very grumpy individual and started to effect my blood pressure :noway: After coming to days, I still battle with making healthy choices because we have way more pitch-ins than the night shift ladies (I just need to stay away from the breakroom:laugh: ) luckily on my off days, I tend do really well.

I'm just taking things one day at a time!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Sue and I've been an RN for 25 years.
    I've worked most of my career as pool in long term care so I could have the flexible schedule to be with my kids.
    I would eventually like to be an educator or do something 9-5 M-F once my nine year old grows up, but I'll wait for that!

I am at goal weight and want to maintain along with eating healthy and exercising consistently.

Hubby is a firefighter/paramedic so we know all about the stress and warped sense of humor. :bigsmile:
  • IcaWise
    IcaWise Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm Jessica, I'm a critical care RN in a very high acuity ICU. I've been there 3 years. I'm a weekender, typically doing night shift...then I transition to day schedule to care for my 1-year old daughter during the week. I'm working at eating clean, whole foods. My ultimate goal is to transition to a vegan diet, but taking baby steps to a healthier lifestyle. My exercise plan is running and Turbo Fire. As you all know, with this kind of shift and all the frequent flip-flopping schedules, topped with the incredibly high stress at work and not as much sleep as I should be getting, as well as family strain with me working weekends (I miss my husband!!)....well, this weight loss thing is an uphill battle.

Looking for MFP friends to help keep each other motivated. Feel free to add me if that sounds like you!
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been a nurse for 6 years. I worked in the NICU for almost 5 years, I'm now a float nurse at a pediatric hospital.

I gained weight in school, took it off, worked nights, put it on. I lost again and then had knee surgery last October. I'd like to lose about 45 pounds.