In good shape and STILL see results with 30DS?

Options
carly_am
carly_am Posts: 145 Member
Hi girls,

I did the first day of 30DS this morning and I have to say...I was a little underwhelmed...

I am in ok shape - I do body pump and kettlebell classes 3 times a week and run 2-3 times a week. I was expecting 30ds to be TOUGH based on what I read on here but for me it wasn't.

Has anyone still had/seen results doing 30DS even if they are already in ok/good shape? I mean don't get me wrong I've still got podge/chub - I'm no lean machine but I'm pretty strong.

Should I just carry on and hope for the best? Could I skip straight to level 2? Is level 2 harder than 1? Or should I try something else completely?

Advice please! I don't want to waste my time when I could be doing something else!!

Replies

• cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Hi

I consider myself quite fit and in good shape, and I did see results with 30DS, although I did adapt it to suit myself after the first week, I started doing Level 1 and 2 back to back on the same day to make it a harder workout.

You need to take your level of fitness into consideration; would it benefit you to use heavier weights? do two workouts on the same day?

I saw a difference in my core, my arms and my legs after 30DS.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I've just completed Level 1 although I haven't done it for the 10 days as like you, I was already pretty fit (I'd been working with weights at home) and found it a lot easier than I expected I would. I'm going to keep going with the next 2 levels as I can see my body is toning up (altho I'm not losing weight :mad: ) so hopefully the next couple will be more challenging for us
  • vharding7
    vharding7 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am the same as you, in alright shape with some chub to lose and I had this problem as well with 30DS! I tried it again the other day with heavier weights and it seemed to help. However I did end up buying Ripped in 30 and found that to be a little more challenging.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Just completed Day 1 of Level 2...definitely pushed me more than Level 1 did and I have to say I enjoyed it, lol!!
  • jacie87
    jacie87 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I did level 1 for almost a week and had the same underwhelmed feeling. However, I peeked ahead and saw Level 2 and it looks a bit more challenging. I bought some heavy handweights to use, so I'm hoping that helps. I always combine it on top of my regular cardio and occasionally add fitnessblender (on YouTube) at night as well to add extra abs or leg/thigh workouts.

I find that the 30DS is a good quick morning workout supplement to get me going for the day, as opposed to the "results producing, one-a-day" workout it may be for those who are not fit.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I'm at maintenance, and still incorporate it into my routine to maintain the muscle I've built. It's not the only thing I use, but it definitely keeps me going. Level 2 is the hardest IMO, but it's also great for building arm strength.