• gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    Me: 11
    LNS: 3
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,959 Member
    Options
    I had too many meetings last night and didn't even have my supper until 8:45! It wasn't "LNS" - it was eating some of my daily calories (I still ended up under 1,100, which isn't what I actually want!)

Me: 13
    LNS: 1
  • Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I am doing so much better:happy:

Me:6
    LNS: 10
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    ME - 16
    LNS - 0

WELCOME **Chibea** (or since we have not met since you joined...you may just be saying the same..:laugh: )

Just came in to "check in"...I am *still* LNS FREE...and sorry I haven't been around. I was trying to cut down on time spent on the computer, and still tweaking my time allotments, but, thought this forum toooo important to not be a part anymore :):) For the last 15 days I started a program called Whole 30 where I am allowed eat protein, veggies, and fruit, and no processed carbs or dairy. I am allergic to many foods (especially grain) so I thought I would give this a try. I went to my cousin's Surprise birthday brunch yesterday, and then a Crab Feed...and SUCCESSFULLY meneuvered my way past the pasta, and bread, and stuck with the salad, grilled chicken they had on this delicious chicken alfredo dish, and then the crab itself (last course of the day). I WAY over ate by 600 calories, but, for the whole week, I came in about average and even UNDER goal..soo YAY there :) My late night snacking has not been a problem since the other day when after 4 months, I was craving processed sugar of all things...and DIDN'T succumb. I am reading this fascinating book called Power of Habit...AWESOME in its information saying that if it weren't for our habits, we would not be able to get up in the morning, brush our teeth, shower, get the kids ready if needed, and get in the car to drive away doing our daily errands, if it weren't for habits we picked up along the way. It just makes our brain more calm as to what to do. Sooo when we have *bad* habits, we can ALSO form GOOD habits over them so they get pushed more and more in the background...but it takes time. Sooo triggers that get us to LNS are also bad habits, that we could change, and I proved that to myself! Early on here on MFP, I was struggling so badly NOT to LNS, that I was perusing the community boards anything NOT to LNS...and it worked...I got over the act, but, that was because I told myself I SERIOUSLY wanted NOT to. The point being of this little mini blog, we are here for the ultimate health and fitness goals. It *does* take time, we just didn't get up one day and have these habits. Triggers, emotionally, physically are all a part of why we make our decisions, but, I've been here not for over a year, and my cholesterol readings are now at desired levels (after a heart attack back in 2009), and I am at weight goal, just continuing to work on the body fat %. I will keep coming in, and cheering everyone on!...cause I don't know when the next craving will hit...and I will CERTAINLY be sharing my woes, too...:happy:

Keep up the grreat work, Chibea. I found that daily reporting was a BIG help. We all get busy...but, I do hope to be *again* more faithful to cheering everyone's efforts again. As Chibea said...hope everyone is not snacking too much, or just BUSY.

Kris...hope your family is getting better and over being sick so things can get back to normal. Kate, Dewdrop, Beeps just saying hi!!

Love, Hugs and Smiles :heart: :drinker:
    Deb
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Me: 13- LNS: 4

Gave in on Sun, but stayed super-strong last night. Being tired and stressed helps little. Not a bad score, from my p.o.w. :smile:.
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Blimey, I have not been here for a week. 2 mad days at work going straight in to a night shift (36 hours in 48 hours), followed by 3 nights away with my running club. I will try to tally up tomorrow when I am more awake.:yawn:

Well done everyone that is still here.:flowerforyou:
    Glad to are back Deb :laugh:
  • marpeters
    marpeters Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm back and a little scarred from snacking. But coming back is the important thing. I read lots of posts and it looks like everyone is doing better.

Welcome to Chibea....Glad it is getting easier for you.

Beeps...wow...that total is great!

Gmukris...you are doing great!

Katemag: Amazing schedule...how do you do it???

Deb...wow, what an inspiration. You have a super charged determination that is so inspiring. You just keep going and we'll just all follow in your footsteps. I'm actually considering the Whole 30 for next month. I've got to wrap my head around it first to see if I can really commit to no grains. Because I can't eat eggs and don't like a lot of animal protein at night, I'm really going to have to see if I can handle this program. Will let you know.

Well, Here's the total: I'm not sure, but I'm estimating on the high side, just cause I've started snacking between meals and I really wanted to stop that!!! LNS for me is any eating after dinner has ended!!
    Me: 5
    LNS: 12 :(
  • debilang
    Options
    ME - 17
    LNS - 0

Hi Kate...My daughter used to work the night shift, and to stay awake, many times she just ate...she is sooo happy to be on days now...I happened to like the night shift when I work it...but...we do what we have to do :smile: I know you continue to keep the LNS'ing at bay...you are AWESOME for the accountability...:bigsmile:

Mar...SOO HAPPY :happy: to see you...not eating grains or dairy for now 17 days, I feel *incredible*...I still crave different grains that I am used to eating (pasta, rice, chips, ice cream, granola bars...lol)...better stop listing them..:laugh: But, it is getting better...13 more days to evaluate. I'm sorry you can't eat eggs...as I love them...and they are grrreat protein...and quick!!! Glad you are here :)..

Dewdrop...sooo glad you started this forum...every decision to Late Night Snack or NOT is a learned thing. I am very grateful to you that I made the decision *not* LNS for 5 plus months now...and it was a good part of coming closer to my weight goal. Thank you
    :drinker:

I hope everyone is enjoying and staying focused...WTG :wink: :wink:

Deb
  • Chibea
    Options

Well, Valentine's day and it's chocolate got me into a whirlwind of snacking...I am good tonight, though, just one Cutie and I will be asleep soon. :yawn:

Me: 7
    LNS: 11
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Me: 13- LNS: 5

and I am having a bad day. :frown:
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    First off, cheer up dew!! :flowerforyou:
    Look at your beautiful butterfly profile picture - it is so pretty and seeing you online always brings a smile to my face.

I'm sorry I've been offline for so long. Between my back going out terribly and then a week in FL, I haven't been logging on for quite awhile. I am still playing catch up around here and not exercising yet. Still treating my back gingerly.

I had been doing SO well at this challenge in Jan and then everything fell apart when my back went out and I was eating before every dose of meds.

It's a little late to start now, but I will just so I'm in the right mind-set for the March challenge.:laugh:
    My cut-off time will be 9:30 p.m. except for special occasions, when I extend to 11:30 p.m.
    Hope all is well with everyone - I will try to skim posts and get caught up. Glad I found you all again.
    Zaza
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    Me: 15
    LNS: 3
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,959 Member
    Options
    Me: 16
    LNS: 2
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Possibly 12 to me and 7 to LNS , I'm not sure :blushing: , I've lost count some what :laugh:
  • Chibea
    Options

Well, Valentine's day and it's chocolate got me into a whirlwind of snacking...I am good tonight, though, just one Cutie and I will be asleep soon. :yawn:

Me: 7
    LNS: 11
  • Chibea
    Options
    Hi debilang, it's good to know you. :flowerforyou:

I just had a delicious meal and feel quite full and satisfied,but I have a lot more calories to finish up. Too full right now, but if I am up late, I will probably go over my 175 calorie limit for LNS. I have a strange schedule - up around noon, to bed at 2 or 3, so my LNS goes into the next day sometimes. I hate to add those calories onto the next day and start with a chunk of my calories gone, so, I want to set a goal not to eat after midnight. If I 'm not hungry by then, I won't worry about eating up the calories :smile:
  • debilang
    Options
    ME - 18
    LNS - 0

Chibea – thanks for your personal message :smile: I think it is a FABULOUS idea not to eat after midnight. My cutoff is 8pm, and sometimes I am up til 1 or 2am...but I am now sooo keyed into NOT eating after 8pm...I will have hot tea, but no LNS'ing. Not eating at LEAST two hours before bed, helps your digestion *before* sleep, cause *while* sleeping, our bodies are busy taking care of our internal organs. When our system has to burn calories *and* take care of our internal organs, I believe our organs come first, and the food remains undigested...since we are not *moving*, we can't burn calories to digest the food...until the next morning, and then it is the same scenario the next day...and we start gaining weight. I *have* lost weight because I do not LNS anymore...but, that does not mean the cravings are not there still :ohwell: and that I might not succumb...that is why I like coming in here :smile: You will do it...and we are here for your SUPPORT...no judgement...just great Support :drinker:

Dewdrop – hope you are feeling better :flowerforyou:

Zaza – so wonderful to see you. I am sooo sorry that your back went out, and you *should* be gingerly with your back. Just glad you are here...:happy:

Kris, and Beeps, nice low LNS numbers :drinker:

Kate, being the elite runner you would *never* have to worry about weight for now… I admire you for how much you want to get your habits *right* for the future :flowerforyou: …and you are doing a great job with the accountability :) Good Job! :drinker:

I hope everyone is enjoying and staying focused...WTG :wink:

Deb
    [/quote]
  • marpeters
    marpeters Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Good evening all....

I am such a stress eater. Thought I'd have that licked by now. But will keep working on it. Came home from work totally exhausted MENTALLY and EMOTIONALLY. No dinner ready so I just grazed. Wow...you can really pack on the calories with simple grazing....no real junk either. Oh well. Tomorrow is round the bend :smile:

Beeps...you are doing so great...keep it up. Proud of you!!!
    Gmukris: Wow...nice going!
    Zara: hope that back is better....take care of it and hope you heal properly. I'm starting over too, just not for as good a reason as you!!!
    Dewdrop: Sorry about the bad day. Have had a few myself. Isn't it great that life flows....we don't get stuck in one place. Hope your days flow out of the bad into the good!
    Deb: Amazing will power you have....great job.

Me: 6
    LNS: 12
  • debilang
    Options
    Good evening all....

I am such a stress eater. Thought I'd have that licked by now. But will keep working on it. Came home from work totally exhausted MENTALLY and EMOTIONALLY. No dinner ready so I just grazed. Wow...you can really pack on the calories with simple grazing....no real junk either. Oh well. Tomorrow is round the bend :smile:
    Me: 6
    LNS: 12

OMG, Mar...sooooo happy you are here :) That mental and emotional stuff can really be our undoing :noway: FORTUNATELY, it is your NATURE to be upbeat and encouraging...and you will DEFINITELY re-focus...and continue forward :) Thanks for your post...You *really* are encouraging to us...especially cause you are going still meneuvering the land mines, and determined to get through it :flowerforyou:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Another victory :drinker: (and not an easy one):
    Me: 14- LNS: 5