Introduce yourself!

Options
crazyola26
crazyola26 Posts: 109 Member
Hi!

I'm starting with level one today. I'm a little bit nervous about it but I'm excited! As of this morning I weigh 217lbs and I am really looking forward to slimming and toning. I plan on doing the schedule I posted -- but if I just love it, I might stick with it every day (except rest days). I'm TERRIBLE at push-ups and have like zero upper body strength, so I'm really looking forward to building strength.

Glad to meet all of you and have a support system while we participate in the 30DS! :)

Replies

• dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Glad to read that you aim to slim and tone.. 30 Day Shred will do just that. I guarantee that as long as you keep up with the 30DS regime for 30 days, you will be able to do push ups and have increased upper body strength!

I'm kinda not new to this, this month is my third time but second time in a row that I am doing the 30DS. So impressed with the results and increased endurance/strength that I had to keep going.
  • RachelLaine87
    RachelLaine87 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi.

This is my very first post. I am a stalker :/ lol.
    I am on WW right now and it really has worked for me, but I have slacked for the past week celebrating my birthday and valentine's day...for.the.entire.week :P
    I am 26 years old - full time working, mother of two. My husband has been working out of state since October and hopefully this will be ending shortly. I have very little time for myself, but I really need to get active.

I do a weekly weigh-in on Friday's in my mom group (also for WW)...
    *sigh*....I just need motivation.
  • crazyola26
    Options
    Hi.

This is my very first post. I am a stalker :/ lol.
    I am on WW right now and it really has worked for me, but I have slacked for the past week celebrating my birthday and valentine's day...for.the.entire.week :P
    I am 26 years old - full time working, mother of two. My husband has been working out of state since October and hopefully this will be ending shortly. I have very little time for myself, but I really need to get active.

I do a weekly weigh-in on Friday's in my mom group (also for WW)...
    *sigh*....I just need motivation.

Let's motivate each other! I defniitely go through cycles of feeling motivated... and... NOT feeling motivated (um, my super bowl "splurge" lasted for like... two weeks). BUT! I am motivated now to be motivated and start my new lifestyle!
  • bottom
    bottom Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I decided to do 30 Day Shred because I've heard so much about it from other users on this site. I prefer to run with Little in the jogging stroller, but it's been chilly.

I plan on doing Shred a few days a week, running when I can in good weather, with -- realistically -- two rest days a week.
  • sheliabenedict
    Options
    Hi Im Shelia, I have debated joining a group because Im a cardio junkie and workout 5-6 days a week already but still having a hard time loosing weight (sounds crazy) but my diet just isnt working so I am back to logging my calories to see if I can figure out what Im doing wrong. I came across this board as I have done Jillians 30Day Shred before but never for 30 days in a row. So I have decided why not, Ill give it a shot and see what happens. I always like a challenge and maybe in a group setting it will push me to keep with it where I actually see the results.

Now if Im doing other things each week is it ok to do both? I have spin class Monday, Wed, Friday and then body pump Tues & Thurs and then do some other outdoor activity on Saturdays (like running, hike, biking) or catch an extra spin class. Im thinking I can do this each night when I get home since its really not that long of a workout.

Does everyone do the level one the entire time or move up to the harder along the way??
  • xxbritmeex3
    Options
    hi my name is Brittany i am completly new to this! someone has heard my complaining about my weight and refered me to this site and so far im liking it a lot i've always wanted to join a group or something just to talk to people who have the same goals as i do!how exactly does it all work?
  • Munequita27
    Munequita27 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi

Today will start with Level 1 ..... Wish all of you LUCK
  • Rands13
    Rands13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Im a stalker too!
    I did 30DS Day 1 yesterday. I love it but staying commited to it seems to be my problem.
    This time I will finish all 30 days!
    26 working mom a of one. needing to tone up and get in shape.
    Doing my first 5K in may so I try getting some running time in along with my Jill time ;)

Love reading others progress with the program!
  • LMiller81
    LMiller81 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    I needed a little motivation to start moving again ... I need AT LEAST 3 months to prep before it is 'shorts' weather with all of my in activity this Fall/Winter.
    I'll start 30DS tonight, and will try to follow the JM's suggestion (see other discussion board post), but due to my work schedule, might not manage to get it all in the right order!
    Good luck everyone!
    -Lisa
  • Newflabuless
    Newflabuless Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am vey new to this site so what better way to begin than to jump into a challenge. I have come to the conclusion that I need to make a plan that I can stick to so that I will reach my goals. For the 30-day I would like to lose 30 pounds but I know that is an unreasonable healthy goal so I will try for 8 at a loss of 2 pounds per week. Ultimately, I need to keep the weight off and I know that a "quick fix" will not do that. It's all about lifestyle and I am beginning this by consuming more fruits and vegetables to keep my cravings in check.

My driver's license will expire on my birthday this year and I would like to me at the weight it shows. Again, this is probably an unreasonable goal but it's something to strive for.

Hope everyone has a great day!

April
  • michelleroserun
    Options
    Hey Everyone!!! My name is Michelle Rose!! This is my first group I am joining, and I'm really excited!!! I really wanted to start a 90 day challenge today so to see that there was one is AWESOME!!

I am 25 and a full time student and full time employee. I need some motivation to keep going and loose 10 pounds in the next 30 days. I was thinking about buying the latest fitbit. Does anyone have any thoughts on it?

I'm not doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred by Michelle Rose 30 day AWESOME!!! LOL Basically, I'm working out and tracking calories everyday for 30 days. Anyone that wants to be my friend PLEASE request me. I would LOVE it!! I want to help others just as much!!
  • Rinney1974
    Rinney1974 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I actually started 30DS on Saturday...skipped Sunday and did it again yesterday. Talk about legs burning! LOL I'd love to be a part of the 30 day challenge. I always start a workout but am notorious for not finishing. Maybe this will give me some motivation! Let's do it!

**OH, and I'm 5'7...my starting weight is 207** I want to get out of the 2's!
  • alibrown698
    alibrown698 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!!! My name is Ali. I am a full time student/mother/wife. I weigh 252lb, my goal is 135-140. I am definitely the type of person that needs motivation and support when it comes to losing weight. You think it would be motivation enough on its own, but its such an emotionally and physically demanding process! I want to be the best me, the healthiest me, because I deserve and so does my family!

I am actually on day 6 of my shred, but I am alternating it with her ripped in 30 dvd because I seriously cannot watch the same thing every day haha, I feel like its a really goo combo. I've missed 2 days =/ I should be on day 8, but the day after I missed, I always pushed harder!

I'm looking forward to making friends, motivating other people, and losing pounds/inches!!!

Keep up the good work!
  • skinnycap84
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    I'm Kamilla. While I'm not doing JM 30 day shred, I have started her 90 day Body Revolution on 2/17. Day 3 is today and I'm looking forward to it. Can't wait to see 90 days later....:smile:
  • crazyola26
    Options
    It's great to meet all of you!! I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only person who is bad at sticking to it... so glad to have a network of people so we can all keep each other accountable and motivated!!
  • dmbfan22
    dmbfan22 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    My name is Jamie and I am currently a stay at home mom to twin boys...I am hoping to go back to work in the next month so before I do, I want to take advantage of my time off and complete the full 30 days!!
  • happyjerseygirl123
    Options
    Hi, my name is Robyn and I just started 30 DS today so finding this post is perfect! I also try to run 3 or 4 times a week but I really need to do something to tone up. I thought day one was not too bad except for the push ups, not my favorite!
  • Rowberta
    Rowberta Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    my name is roberta and today is day one... again... lol... like they say... small steps are milestones!! here we go! good luck everyone
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Brenda and this will be my second time doing 30 DS. I loved it and lost many inches, but through round 3 I was shy about 6 days before Christmas vacation.

I also plan on starting the C25K, that is my ultimate goal this year, so maybe by the end of April I can run the 5K.

CW 203.6
    H:5'7

Good luck to everyone.
  • momof_2boys
    momof_2boys Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi My name is Lori and I too just started the 30DS on the 16th though, so am on Day 4. I am happy to find others on here, this is great! I find it is a great workout to fit in to the day.