Accountablilty

Options
Hey all! I really fall off on the weekends, I tend not to exercise and track ANYTHING. I am just getting over being sick for the past 2 months, so if you see me not track something, please let me know. Encourage me to exercise more (kick my butt). I'll try to do the same for anyone that wants it too. My goal for Feburary is to lose 10 lbs, track everything every day, and have no soda pop.

PS. I don't track my veggies or fruit, as long as they aren't carbs... ie. potatos. So for most of my breakfasts, I make home made smoothies, you won't notice much for tracking, maybe the protein I add from almonds, or peanuts, or greek yogurt.

GOOD LUCK everyone!!

:heart: Diana :heart:

Replies

• Kubiastic
    Options
    I had the same problem so I just started tracking everything I consumed so I would just get in the habbit of putting everything I consumed in my tracker. Be careful for that King Cake on Mardi Gras...It Got Me!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    i work double hard during the week and let loose on the weekends.
  • FilleNoire
    Options
    Accountability it is! Let's encourage and motivate one another to stay on track. Spring is just around the corner and I'm tired of wearing long sundresses and light-weight denim when the sun is shining bright!
  • sibalola
    sibalola Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys add me if you want a accountability buddy!! my goal is to lose 20lbs before June. and 10lbs before spring! I also have a hard time tracking on the weekends. Friday- Sunday are just my days off, I forget to track. i am trying to change that!
  • Chelebgood
    Chelebgood Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi,I just joined group!!I really need help staying on track and tracking what I eat.I work nights,my doctor told me my breakfast should start around 3-4 in the afternoon when I wake up!I'm usually not hungry then and end up eating at 11/12 at night,then just snacking til I get off. There is always some type of junk food in the lounge,or runs to a fast food place[Dunkin Donuts].I am happy to say,I avoid all of that,80% of the time:smile:When I track my food it usually says I'm not taking in enough calories!!I need help!!
    Thanks
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,413 Member
    Options
    I think most of need an accountability partner! :smile: I have the exercise down pat and fairly good with my diet except I have issues with sugar cravings. I'm trying to detox from Christmas but it's hard, at least I'm back down to my pre-christmas weight!
  • shelliehb
    shelliehb Posts: 12 Member
    Options

PS. I don't track my veggies or fruit, as long as they aren't carbs... ie. potatos. So for most of my breakfasts, I make home made smoothies, you won't notice much for tracking, maybe the protein I add from almonds, or peanuts, or greek yogurt.

Just remember a serving of fruit generally has the same amount of carbohydrates as a table spoon of sugar. In most cases 3 servings of vegetables will also provide this much carbohydrate. Starches like potatoes, corn, rice, grains and pastas should be treated differently. My advised would be to get into the habit of tracking everything. If you look at my meals, weekend calories go up, but I still track so I know if I need to cut back on eating. This has helped me to keep in line because I like to eat when I am bored.
  • BeckyAndie
    BeckyAndie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Shellie, I was thinking the same thing. That Weight Watchers mentality has derailed my weight loss a couple of times. I find I'm much more successful when I track everything.

Speaking of track everything, does anyone else struggle with eating something and then realizing, "What? Why did I just eat that?!", especially when it's not a healthy choice. I don't know if I'm eating out of boredom, absentmindedness, or what and then I realize later that I never tracked those mindless bites. This careless snacking is what I think kept me from losing much weight last month.

Anyone else have to deal with that?
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,413 Member
    Options
    Shellie, I was thinking the same thing. That Weight Watchers mentality has derailed my weight loss a couple of times. I find I'm much more successful when I track everything.

Speaking of track everything, does anyone else struggle with eating something and then realizing, "What? Why did I just eat that?!", especially when it's not a healthy choice. I don't know if I'm eating out of boredom, absentmindedness, or what and then I realize later that I never tracked those mindless bites. This careless snacking is what I think kept me from losing much weight last month.

Anyone else have to deal with that?

Yup me today! And I tracked it and I"m in the red, but I tracked it and although it's my rest day, I'm going to run my little heart out tomorrow at the gym to help combat a very bad impulsive choice when I was TOO hungry!
  • NJGmywholewrld
    NJGmywholewrld Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have the same problems. I seem to act as though anything consumed on the weekend does not count!!
  • FilleNoire
    Options
    How do I get my ticker to add to my posts?
  • BeckyAndie
    Options
    Ugh, Super Bowl diet blow-off is taking it's toll on my body. My stomach is upset, my gut is off, and I just feel unhealthy. I guess that's a good lesson to learn. This is the first time I've just entirely let myself eat whatever I want since I started MFP in November and it is not a rewarding experience. Lesson learned.
  • DianaSkinnyBy30
    Options
    How do I get my ticker to add to my posts?

I went to the help section, and this is what it said to do....

Here's a quick explanation of how to add a weight loss ticker to your forum signature:

1. First, click on the Apps tab, then on the "Weight Loss Tickers" link in the "Other Tools" area to reach the section of the site where you can create your ticker.

2. Follow the steps to create your ticker. They should (hopefully) be self-explanatory.

3. When your ticker has been completed, you can elect to share it with each of your forum posts, as follows: Click the "Community" tab, then, below the header that reads "Message Boards," click "Settings." Check the box that says "Show your MyFitnessPal ticker below each of your forum posts" and finally click "Save Changes"
  • BeckyAndie
    Options
    Thanks!
  • FilleNoire
    Options
    thanks!