Phase 1 - Workout 3

Options

Replies

• lolaluv4
    lolaluv4 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Not my favorite because i didnt get that feeling i get after a good workout akai will have to go harder next time!
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Not my favorite because i didnt get that feeling i get after a good workout akai will have to go harder next time!
    I didn't feel very confident after doing it the first time either. It will get better. :happy:
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Finally got to workout 3. It was much harder than 1 and 2, but still doable. I have to work on form quite a bit. Had a hard time trying to do some of the moves and look at the tv at the same time. Lesson learned. Watch a new workout BEFORE you attempt to do it. :laugh:
  • izraa18
    izraa18 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    hello there, this is my first round of BR week 3 workout 3 It was so very tough for me, all the planks pushups. I only did 50% of the exercises correct .
  • a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    hello there, this is my first round of BR week 3 workout 3 It was so very tough for me, all the planks pushups. I only did 50% of the exercises correct .

Hello!

50% is better than 0%! You're showing up for your workouts and trying your best, and that's what it's all about!

it's not about perfect, it's about effort. And practice makes perfect!
  • izraa18
    Options

Hello!

50% is better than 0%! You're showing up for your workouts and trying your best, and that's what it's all about!

it's not about perfect, it's about effort. And practice makes perfect!
    I am just worried if I can make it through or not? anyway you are right, practice makes perfect. Thanks for your reply I found it very encouraging:)
    N.B(sorry if there are grammar mistakes English is my second language)
  • izraa18
    Options
    it gets easier..
  • Bug2love
    Bug2love Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Just did WO3 for the first time. I have a feeling I'm gonna hurt tomorrow

my arms were very sore, thanks to the cable chest press :sad:
    well done for getting it done!
    This one was difficult for me with my different cable as well. I'm thinking I need to find hers, or one like it, to use rather than the one I have. :grumble:

I felt like mine were to short to do the moves correctly. :/ Did anyone find cables that worked for them?
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Just did WO3 for the first time. I have a feeling I'm gonna hurt tomorrow

my arms were very sore, thanks to the cable chest press :sad:
    well done for getting it done!
    This one was difficult for me with my different cable as well. I'm thinking I need to find hers, or one like it, to use rather than the one I have. :grumble:

I felt like mine were to short to do the moves correctly. :/ Did anyone find cables that worked for them?

Nope, I just use my 3kg dumbells (6.6lbs) instead. Can't be bothered faffing around with a cable that is too tight for me to move!!
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I did this for the first time and had trouble with the cables as well, mine didn't stretch like theirs so I totally botched that one. And alot of the exercises were pretty tough for me. The crunches were awkward, laying on my side like that is a little painful so I deft didn't keep correct form. The crescents were near impossible for me to do with correct form, my knees are too weak. I got through it and I will keep working to do better but seeing how it's only in rotation 3 more times, I doubt I'll improve before phase 1 is over lol Geez now I'm nervous to see workout 4 tomorrow =/
  • wl4good
    wl4good Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    This was a tough one for me. Most of these moves were new for me, so I'm glad I'm challenging my muscles in a different way.
  • wl4good
    wl4good Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Ok, second time through was a lot more manageable. pleasantly surprised.
  • amypickeral
    Options
    I just started workout 3 last night. Was a bit of a struggle but I think I will get there... Anyone else in this spot as well??
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Just did WO3 yesterday. I still can't do more than 2 military pushups, I didn't like the plank down onto your forearms at all. And that crab move made my arms burn sooo bad! I am definitely sore today. Looking forward to WO4 though! :smile:
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Just did WO3 yesterday. I still can't do more than 2 military pushups, I didn't like the plank down onto your forearms at all. And that crab move made my arms burn sooo bad! I am definitely sore today. Looking forward to WO4 though! :smile:

Wow, this workout is killer! The front of my body is obviously much weaker than my back. Seems WO's 2 and 4 are so much easier for me than 1 and 3.

Anyone else feeling the same way?
  • tealskater
    tealskater Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Tonight was my 4th (and should have been final) time doing Workout 3. I felt I managed it better than I had been doing, but still not great. So I have decided to repeat a week next week, making Phase 1 last 5 weeks rather than 4. I don't want to move on too quickly and run the risk of achieving even less in Phases 2 and 3. Having spent most of the first 3 attempts at Workout 3 lying on the floor close to tears, I surprised myself tonight and was able to get through a lot more than I could before! :-)
  • CAS317
    CAS317 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Tonight was my 4th (and should have been final) time doing Workout 3. I felt I managed it better than I had been doing, but still not great. So I have decided to repeat a week next week, making Phase 1 last 5 weeks rather than 4. I don't want to move on too quickly and run the risk of achieving even less in Phases 2 and 3. Having spent most of the first 3 attempts at Workout 3 lying on the floor close to tears, I surprised myself tonight and was able to get through a lot more than I could before! :-)

I'm on the same week as you:) Each week my workouts are a little out of order due to my work schedule. I did Workout 4 tonight. I have to do 3 & 4 one more time each. I'll do one on Friday and the other on Saturday. Then it's time to move on to Week 5. I am NOT a fan of workout 3. My pushups suck! I keep trying but doing just 1 is a KILLER!!! I've had surgeries on both shoulders so I don't know if that is why I can't do them? Good luck to you.
  • lilpocketrocket
    lilpocketrocket Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Loved workout 3....so much better than the first two weeks....one more week to go then onto phase 2 :)
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    WOW workout 3 is a killer!!! Almost thinking of adding an extra week to this phase... I didn't get most of the moves down... I kept saying to her... 'are you kidding me!!'
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    WOW workout 3 is a killer!!! Almost thinking of adding an extra week to this phase... I didn't get most of the moves down... I kept saying to her... 'are you kidding me!!'

LOL, yes, this was me during my first round. Also, I threw around the F bomb MUCH more. I'd be like "**** You Jillian"!

Ladies, After 9 months of working out to Jillian and eating decently I can promise you that you WILL be strong and you WILL be able to KILL all of these moves. My first round of JMBR I had the jello arms, I did many of the moves modified or with no weights at all- and I still had amazing progress. During this second round I do the plank-ups as fast as Jillian!!!! By no means have I outgrown this program. It is still crazy challenging. But I have a confidence in my strength and stamina that I only dreamed of during my first round.