How do you "Shred"?

Options
Tunia85
Tunia85 Posts: 212 Member
Do you do 30 Day Shred daily? How many times a week? Do you take breaks on the weekend? Have special workout music or mute Jillian? Please post anything you want to share with our group :happy:

Replies

• mbf82
    mbf82 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I started doing this last week and it is a great way to fit some sort of exercise in every day. 20 minutes is better than nothing! I have to be more consistent with it this week though so it will be good to have the motivation!
  • LMVassolo
    LMVassolo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just started the 30 day shred dvd today--love it so for. Question--how do you log this workout into our exercise log?
  • asizesix
    asizesix Posts: 134
    Options
    i just started it today - my plan is to do it every day for 10 days on level 1 and then see how i feel after that for level 2. i log it as circuit training for 20 mins.
  • jbuc07
    jbuc07 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I started today also. I plan to do every day 10days at each level. Someone else commented about taking a day off and losing motivation... Uhm. That's me... All the way. I HAVE to do it every day, or I just fizzle
  • LemonJADE
    LemonJADE Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I put music on over the top of her as it gets me motivated, but I still make sure I can hear her shouting PUUUSH haha :)
  • Tunia85
    Options
    I just started the 30 day shred dvd today--love it so for. Question--how do you log this workout into our exercise log?

Copy and paste the link I posted into your web browser and a joint document will come up. Add your information there.
  • Tunia85
    Options
    My legs were very sore from yesterday and I guress I didn't push myself as much as yesterday. I didn't burn the same amount of calories even though I did the same excercises. A HRM is a very good investment. It teaches you that pushing yourself really does matter, and that no matter how tired you are the effort is worth it in the end. It also helps to know how many calories you are "paid back" after you finish your workout.
  • bli77
    bli77 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new to 30DS. Just did L1D1 yday. Loved it but damn even w 3lbs weights shoulder press/lunges hurt! I'm currently training for a 1/2 marathon and also do stronglifts w my hubby every other day. Just looking for another workout to keep me off my couch :oP

What's your success w 30ds?
  • Tunia85
    Options
    Legs so sore :embarassed: Do you guys continue to workout through the pain?
  • wobblyheadjones
    wobblyheadjones Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Legs so sore :embarassed: Do you guys continue to workout through the pain?

I'm only 3 days in and I'm SO SORE! *But* I'm more sore when I'm not doing anything than when I'm working out. I pushed through it yesterday and did way better on my level 1 workout than the day before.

For me at least pushing through the pain makes the pain less severe. My muscles are way happier when they're being worked/warm.
  • PugPrincess
    Options
    Haha, well i mute Jillian just cause after a while she repeats herself and it gets annoying, but i replace her with a playlist i made.
    Also I'm combining 6 week six pack abs with 30DS but only on days i feel like i need to push a bit harder.
  • Tunia85
    Options
    I found FitnessBlender on Youtube and I might incorporate some of those. I haven't been doing much more in addition to 30DS because I've been sore, but I might start doing these. It's fine to do more than 30DS. Your effort=your payoff :happy:

Best of luck to you all today!
  • sparkly86
    sparkly86 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    My legs were also super sore, as well as my arms. I try to still push through it. i do the quads a little bit lighter, good thing they are only at the beginning.
  • jbuc07
    jbuc07 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    It seems my arms hurt way more than my legs. The anterior raises at the end kill me. Is anyone doing "real" pushups? I startedat 6 the first 30 sec, then about 2 the 2nd. Then switch to my knees. Today I did 10 the first round, and 4 the second!
  • ifaber
    ifaber Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    My goal is to do it at LEAST 5 times, maybe daily, maybe not. I am also incorporating Extreme Shed and Shred as well. I also want to run a few times a week. The only constant will be 30DS, everything else will be AT WILL, LOL!
  • Knae22
    Knae22 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I completed day four of level one and yes I'm sore, but a good sore :/.... I'm doing daily workouts of the shred 10 days on each level. I got so inspired reading about the significant results people had at the end of the 30 days. I also will add additional cardio workouts on days I "can". I can't do the "real" push-ups either and I put a pillow down for my knees but at the end of the 10 days I hope to go hard on each workout. We will see....
  • ifaber
    Options
    Ok, so I do get bored doing the same thing BUT I was thinking that if I do get like that, maybe I can just rotate through the different levels each day? What do you guys think?
  • Tunia85
    Options
    I've done that before... If you're comfortable with level 1, move on and don't let anything hold you back. I actually like the the predictability after I get used to a workout because I can work out more fluidly (without odd movement and struggling to hold my balance :laugh: )

To all my fellow Shredders... Tomorrow is our last day of the week (as far as I'm concerned :wink: ) Let's make it count! Much love!
  • ifaber
    Options
    Well I'm using 10lbs and 15lbs for my weights so I can't say I'm comfortable, LOL! But you are right about the predictability. You know what, I'm gonna suck it up and do them in order and when I get bored, then I'll move on.
  • Knae22
    Knae22 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    This is the 1st time I'm doing them in order and I must say it's better for me. It helps me work on my form and increase intensity as I complete each day. Today is day five on level one and I'm already seeing great results! I used to skip around but I just feel I need to follow suggestions this time around because I always give up. Wishing everyone the best of luck. I'm pushing through the weekend so I can end the shred madness asap :)