Phase 1 - Cardio 1

Options
124»

Replies

• cristino1985
    cristino1985 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Just finished cardio 1 for the day, used my wrist weights today that I bought myself for valentines day (I know how to treat myself). It was tough buti loved the extra resistance in the arm circles particularly, one more round of cardio 1 and that is phase one in the bag!

Well done Lesley for completing the workout even though you struggled, my husband was only saying yesterday how he could notice the difference in my stamina during the workouts, I'm sure it won't be long before your noticing progress yourself!
  • a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Ladies, you are AMAZING!

I love hearing about your progress, no matter how small you think it is! It's great that you challenge yourself that little bit extra - 10 more seconds... higher resistance...or just the pure determination of carrying on even though you struggle.

Leslie - All you can do is your best! It's not about perfect, it's about effort. You will get there, i promise you. You will be amazed how much your stamina increases over the next few weeks!
  • lolaluv4
    lolaluv4 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    So ill admit im not cardio ones biggest fan but i give it all i have because i really want the results and believe in the program. The past three times ive done it though my shins hurt soo bad after it hurts to walk. Im assuming its the impact of all of the jumping but i dont want to quit the cardio and i want to be able to move up to cardio 2 when its time. Any advice? Anyone feel the same way?
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    So ill admit im not cardio ones biggest fan but i give it all i have because i really want the results and believe in the program. The past three times ive done it though my shins hurt soo bad after it hurts to walk. Im assuming its the impact of all of the jumping but i dont want to quit the cardio and i want to be able to move up to cardio 2 when its time. Any advice? Anyone feel the same way?

i had the exact same thing when i first started working out, so i know how painful it can be :sad: Yep its the impact from the jumping, the only advice i can give you is to land softly when jumping, and make sure you have quality, well fitting, supportive shoes. Eventually it does get better then go away but in the meantime try stretching them out by flexing your leg and curling your foot up from the ankle, it helped me a little x
  • lolaluv4
    lolaluv4 Posts: 36 Member
    Options

i had the exact same thing when i first started working out, so i know how painful it can be :sad: Yep its the impact from the jumping, the only advice i can give you is to land softly when jumping, and make sure you have quality, well fitting, supportive shoes. Eventually it does get better then go away but in the meantime try stretching them out by flexing your leg and curling your foot up from the ankle, it helped me a little x

Thanks i will try the stretching. Glad to know im not the only one and that itll get better!
  • sassynkp
    sassynkp Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Also try some ice. That is good for shin splints.
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Bump!
  • kayenne78
    kayenne78 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 1 kickstart... Thank God for rest days!!!!!
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Cardio 1 - much harder than it was the first go around! Running man - ugh!
  • mrsg2006
    mrsg2006 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Cardio 1 - much harder than it was the first go around! Running man - ugh!

I HATE the running man move....UGH! :grumble:
  • SherylMary
    SherylMary Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I completed JMBR last September and had good results. I restarted JMBR this morning with Phase 1, Workout 1 and Cardio 1. I burned 640 calories in 59 minutes. I'm pretty happy with the calorie burn. I'm looking to lose about 15 pounds and tone up. This time I'm doing the kick start week, even though I do not care for Cardio 1. Here's hoping for some good results this 2nd time around.
  • SherylMary
    SherylMary Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you about the running man being harder the 2nd time around!! I completed JBMR last fall and just started my 2nd round this morning, with the kick start program. For some reason I could only make it about 30-35 seconds for the running man, then I had to modify. I still hate that move! I'm thinking about subbing another cardio workout in its place.
  • sajero2
    sajero2 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I did Phase 3, Cardio 3 for the first time last night. WOW. All that jumping is really exhausting, but I like the 20-second intervals and how quickly it goes. But man, I was sweating so much by the time I finished it was burning my eyes! :)
  • nikaki77
    nikaki77 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Cardio 1 is a 26-minute circuit training workout that you perform twice a week for the first phase/month of the program. There is no warm-up in this workout as you immediately start into the first circuit. There is only one circuit in this workout but it is repeated three times back-t0-back and the workout ends with a short cool down/stretch. The circuit consists of 8 exercises performed for 1 minute each with no rest in between. The circuit consists of the following exercises: marching in place, hot feet, punches, jogging, running man/skiers, speed bags, kick outs with arm circles and suicides.

I have a question. Would you possibly know how much time must be left between the PM workout and the AM workout in Jump Start Week Wednesday? I had the cardio really late at night tuesday, finished after midnigh. Waking up at 6 to do the wednesday cardio 1, I was so tired, I couldn get out of bed....I am thinking of doing the cardio 1 back to back twice tonight to make up....any thoughts?
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I think it is ok to do the cardio back to back - doesn't she say somewhere that you can add the cardio anytime? What I wouldn't do is do the cardio everyday for the simple reason that you need to prevent overuse injuries (amongst other reasons I can think of...)