30DS ChitChat

Options
Can you do 30DS in front of others?

I've lived with my BF 4 years but there is NO WAY I would let him see me work out to 30DS lol

Replies

• meliafairy
    meliafairy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I did my 1st day of 30DS w/ bf last night. We were pretty focused the full 20 minutes.. had one laughter breakdown because he looked so silly doing the butt kicks!
  • AngNY
    AngNY Posts: 193
    Options
    LOL that is awesome.

I just don't feel comfortable yet :(

I definitely want to do P90x with him when I am ready.
  • meliafairy
    Options
    P90X is ULTRA-intimidating to me for some reason. I've got to get myself to a more fit place before I can try that. Andrew (the bf) is already saying how after 30DS we should try insanity.... you know what that idea is... insanity. Just saying! haha!
  • AngNY
    Options
    I said I want to do it with him but that's when I am beyoooond ready lol

After 30DS I will eventually decide on starting Turbo Fire or P90x. We'll see...
  • DewlyNoted
    Options
    Because it's a 30-day commitment, I've had to do it in front of my friends and family or I wouldn't get it done. After a minute or so they lose interest. Plus, I crank the music up & Jillian's annoying voice down. If you're not doing it, just looks like you're doing jumping jacks to music and some push ups. We know it's hard than that :wink:
  • crazycleo
    Options
    Funny you should ask, was part way through 30 DS today (first time so I was huffing and puffing) and my boyfriend showed up. I feel bad for stopping but there was no way I was doing that in front of him! I guess I'll have to REALLY start tomorrow, lamest excuse ever I know but I'm sticking to it. Don't know if I would have been able to finish though, that **** is hard!
  • hebehrens
    Options
    I did Day 1 in front of my hubby last night, and then I convinced him to do it with me today! I think he is more self-conscious than I am actually. He's probably skinnier than I am (naturally skinny), but he is super out of shape and not athletic or into working out at all. I had to give him a tutorial before we started of how to do all the moves with proper form. I think he was kind of embarassed that he wasn't able to do some of the stuff very well and was really huffing and puffing. Made me feel a little bit better about my fitness though - I might not be as skinny as him, but I'm in better shape!
  • AngNY
    Options
    Funny you should ask, was part way through 30 DS today (first time so I was huffing and puffing) and my boyfriend showed up. I feel bad for stopping but there was no way I was doing that in front of him! I guess I'll have to REALLY start tomorrow, lamest excuse ever I know but I'm sticking to it. Don't know if I would have been able to finish though, that **** is hard!

LOL thats how I was last year when I tried it. Anyone came in the room and I stopped and acted like I wasn't even working out lol

Start tmrw and kick 30DS butt!
  • teenytinybikini
    teenytinybikini Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi guys n gals

I was wondering how you track 30DS in your exercise diary, any ideas?
    x
  • AngNY
    Options
    Hi guys n gals

I was wondering how you track 30DS in your exercise diary, any ideas?
    x

Some people on here have told me to track it as circuit training in cardio. Just add your time and it will add it up. I'm not so sure I personally like that so I'm still waiting on my hrm watch to arrive to compare :)
  • AngNY
    Options
    Anyone get annoyed by Jillian? Sometimes she annoys me but I still push thru because she is working me out! lol
  • meliafairy
    Options
    I actually cannot really stand Jillian Michaels. I hated her on The Biggest Loser and I'm still not really a fan BUT these dvds are a really good workout. LOL
  • crazycleo
    Options
    Yeah she's pretty cocky, kind of full of herself. I think when I get a bit more used to this I'm gonna watch it on mute.
  • chickpeas1
    chickpeas1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I imagine I'm punching her on the boxing session. Just done day 2, feeling good! Getting blood circulated to parts of the body I've not used in a while - working a desk job has really screwed my circulation up!
    One thing I love about the workout is the first half is hard, but then second half eases up, just when you're wanting to quit. Anyone else find the second half easier?
  • crazycleo
    Options
    Yeah, it is a bit easier. Love the part where you lie on your back and lift weights over your chest! I could do that for hours, so relaxing!
  • AngNY
    Options
    Omg I love those chest flys! I think I can do those and fall asleep while still doing them lol
  • hebehrens
    Options
    I love the chest flys too!

Jillian definitely gets on my nerves. Do you notices she says a few times "just a couple more" and then does like ten more reps before saying "2 more". LIAR!
  • Roshellexo
    Roshellexo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Urgh I hate it when she does the 'just a couple more' thing too! Bah. The other thing I hate is when she says 'i bet you can feel the burn' and then I realise it hurts like hell! Don't remind me of the pain woman!
    Overall, I don't think shes too bad and I enjoy the workout. I'm on day 6 so its getting quite repetitive now though.
    I tend to have a rest day when my boyfriend comes over! oops.
  • AngNY
    Options
    Holy **** my bf just bought a big tv. I was watching her on a 22 inch! And now she will be on a 50".

Now I am really going to be annoyed LOL
  • cisos
    cisos Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it is a bit easier. Love the part where you lie on your back and lift weights over your chest! I could do that for hours, so relaxing!

same in here.. This is my favourite too :)