newbie here on week two of Insanity

Options
Looking for tips, suggestions and encouragement from those farther along in Insanity.

Replies

• mhenkel0506
    Options
    Over 3 weeks into Insanity for the second time (only made it into the first week of month 2 the first time around). My suggestion, just do what you can! Take necessary breaks, but always come back into it. And modify any moves you either can't do yet, or hurt. For example, I have had to do push-ups on my knees periodically because I have poor upper body strength and my form sucks for normal push-ups. I'm amazed at how much stronger I have already gotten, and how much my endurance has increased. Stick with it, and you'll do well!
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Buy a pair of new knees when you start month 2
  • mmyers1129
    mmyers1129 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Im on round 2 of the last week i lost almost 90lbs total if u just keep doing it dont stop just keep at it even some days when u just really dont feel like doing it just do it because there is no way you will not see results the first time around that I did I cussed out the T.V more times than I could even tell you and let me tell you almost finished the 2nd time around it does not become easier its just as hard because I can do twice as much so basically just keep pushing yourself day in day out by time the program is over you will see great results my best advice to you is your diet the 5 meal a day thing really works it will send your metabloism through the roof and if you eat something bad before a work out you will feel it during the work out I promise you will feel sluggish
  • kettlebellfatlossguy
    Options
    Thanks for the input, I will continue to push on :-)
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Definitely learn to land softly when jumping. Your knees will thank you in Month 2 when you're doing tuck jumps and power jumps, for sure. Also, once you get to recovery week (the week following week 4), don't do the core cardio and balance DVD. Instead, substitute it with the Max Interval sports training DVD (provided you have the deluxe version), it's much more effective IMO. Lastly, to cosign what everyone else said, go at your OWN pace. Don't fixate on what Tania (grrrr) and the other crew members are doing, focus on yourself. As you get stronger and more agile the speed will come!
  • crazysexykoo
    crazysexykoo Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Definitely learn to land softly when jumping. Your knees will thank you in Month 2 when you're doing tuck jumps and power jumps, for sure.

Thank you for this...
  • trinity_sw
    Options
    Don't fixate on what Tania (grrrr) and the other crew members are doing

haha yep that girl is crazy fit!
  • Cupcakebettiejo
    Cupcakebettiejo Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Don't fixate on what Tania (grrrr)

She is a machine!!

I'm trying really hard to land softly as i want to make it through Month 2. I'm currently on Recovery week, so being careful! Just go at your own pace if you need a break take it and then hit play again.

Good luck.
  • jlhill7
    jlhill7 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Day 2 today and looking for support add me if you like