Phase 2 - Workout 7

Options
a_new_dawn
a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
Quick, focused resistance training shreds the “front of the body” core, especially with fun plank and push-up positions plus serious athletic drills using weights and a resistance cable. Sizzling cardio intervals burn massive calories and stoke metabolism.

Exercises in this workout are:

*Squat karaoke
*Lunge pulls
*High knees
*Jumping jacks
*Fast feet
*Crow pushups
*Plank walks
*Plank ups
*Jack knifes
*Plank thrusts
*Down dog pushups
*Tricep kickbacks with cable
*Push press with leg kicks
*Leg hops- zig zag
*Squat with cable
*Tricep with cable
*Single leg pushups
*Abs
*Star-ups

Replies

• LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    I am not a fan of this one!!!! Stupid push-ups - crow, one legged, down dog....give me a break! Lol. Only have to do it two more times. Something tells me though the next workouts won't be any easier! :laugh:
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    I am not a fan of this one!!!! Stupid push-ups - crow, one legged, down dog....give me a break! Lol. Only have to do it two more times. Something tells me though the next workouts won't be any easier! :laugh:

Breathe.. then repeat after me...

"She does it out of love......she does it out of love....she does it out of love....." :laugh:
    Options

Breathe.. then repeat after me...

"She does it out of love......she does it out of love....she does it out of love....." :laugh:

No! You can't make me - you live too far away! :laugh:
  • JessicaBR0
    JessicaBR0 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I agree with life, those crow pushups are pretty much impossible!:noway: Maybe I'll get them in the second week of doing this workout.
    Options
    3rd attempt at Old #7 - the workout, not the bourbon! I didn't detest it this time! I think that's due to 2 things - I know the moves and I decided to go to my knees for the push-up sets. I hated to have to do it but felt much better because I was ABLE to do it! Find it rather strange that military push-ups are still such a problem for me! :huh:
    Options
    Finished this WO FOREVER! Glad to be rid of it!:wink: hope you all enjoy it more than I did!
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    I'm afraid to say that those who dislike plank and push ups moves are probably going to hate WO7. You are well and truly spoilt with them in this workout!

I started it yesterday, and i can honestly say it wasn't as bad as i expected - some of the moves in this routine are crazy, but i think I've been quite lucky to have done 95% of them in other workouts, so i guess I've got a head start.

My crow push-ups were ok as I've done them before (6W6P??), i can't get as low into my push up as i would with a normal push up though. These coupled with plank walks and one legged push ups meant that i really felt my obliques and core working hard in the first part of the routine.

W raises - i thought to myself: why is she asking for light weights? It will be so easy!! Although this move wasn't particularly difficult, i was surprised at the burn i felt in my shoulders with 3's.

I have to say..my star jumps were just amazing!! :bigsmile:

and how do i feel the morning after? My shoulders hurt. ALOT! My armpits too :frown:

But.. *breathe* she does it out of love. Yes she does. Just remember.. You only have to do it 4 times then it's gone forever!
  • seabeckteach
    Options
    I start this tomorrow. About how long it this one?
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    I start this tomorrow. About how long it this one?

34 ish minutes i think

*shudder*

Too many planks! The second half of the workout isn't TOO bad.

Good luck!!
  • seabeckteach
    Options
    I was a week off. I keep doing that. I actually start it today and I am procrastinating.
  • seabeckteach
    Options
    It was as bad as I thought it would be. Ugh! I almost started to cry because I couldn't figure out how to do some of these stupid moves. Argh!
    Options
    It was as bad as I thought it would be. Ugh! I almost started to cry because I couldn't figure out how to do some of these stupid moves. Argh!

It will get better! Kick Jillian's butt!
  • tooshee
    tooshee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    it's a killer. I know Jillian says herself that every 2 weeks it's getting harder, but this one is too much! Not a fan! Only 3 more times...
  • kate909
    kate909 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I did this one for the first time today, and I really almost cried when she said it was time to repeat the 1st circuit. I keep waiting for my pushups to magically get better, but I still don't have great form - I may have to go to my knees the next time.

On the upside, I was looking forward to the cardio "breaks" in this workout - anything to give my poor arms a rest! She made those star jumps sound pretty impossible, but I think I rocked them, so I must be making progress!
  • littledosy
    Options
    I agree this workout was a killer! For the push-ups I had to go to my knees as they were just hard and wouldn't get anything out of them if I didn't.
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Everyone is doing great!

These workouts are MADE to CHALLENGE us... all Jillian asks for is YOUR BEST...nothing more, nothing less.

Keep pushing through, you're stronger than you think!
  • kiwi3374
    kiwi3374 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    when I forst did WO7 I thought i was going to die. Each I did it I got better and stronger! But I am happy that Im done with WO7!
    On to Phase 3 :happy:
  • kate909
    kate909 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just did this for the 2nd time, and no crying! LOL - it certainly wasn't easy, but the second time around was so much better than the first. I had to modify, but I made it through almost the whole thing without collapsing, a victory in my book! It's so amazing how much our bodies change, and how quickly - I'm actually excited now to see how much progress I can make on WO7 by the 4th time I do it!
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    I'm so glad to hear the workout seems somewhat "easier" to push through! You ladies are just amazzzzing!!
  • 2007me
    2007me Posts: 6
    Options
    I just did DVD 7 for the first time today, and I'm SOOO glad I came on here to read everyone else's comments. I almost had a mental breakdown over how hard it was but I'm glad it's not just me! My arms are so much weaker than my legs and I've had shoulder injuries, so it's really discouraging when I can't do all the push-ups :( Why is this workout so push-up heavy!?? I thought I was doing so well until today.