Reasons for ur vegetarianism

Options
123457»

Replies

• speedy001
    speedy001 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    When I met my ex, we both found out the other was vegetarian. When I asked his reason, he said "because my body's not a graveyard" :)

Love this
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Because meat is disgusting! I usually just ask people who ask me that question whether or not they would eat their dog or their neighbor. Muscle and animal fat and gristle are gross to eat no matter where they come from, in my mind.

Secondary issue (I say it's secondary because it's possible to eliminate these reasons and I would still be vegetarian) is the way that animals are treated when bred and raised for human consumption. I can't condone that.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I don't believe it's necessary for my survival to have an animal killed to be put on my plate anymore. I mean, I'm healthy, active, fine without it. So why do it if it's so cruel and not necessary. It's also bad for the environment and a waste of water. I have cities near me that are almost out of water. We could save so much by going vegetarian or even vegan. Currently I am vegetarian, I was striving for vegan but I found that transition from omi straight very difficult so I am vegetarian with limited dairy since it makes me sick if I have too much so I have soy milk and daiya cheese most of the time. I also limit eggs due to my high blood pressure I do not need more cholesterol.
  • eringrace10
    eringrace10 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Been a veggie for almost 3 years, only one in family. For me I just don't see why are animal needs to die. For my nutrition so needs. It's just senseless. Since going veggie I've felt healthier and I discovered New kinds off
    Food. While I can't predict the future this is the way I want to be.