Appreciate your dispatchers

Options
lizm2805
lizm2805 Posts: 8 Member
Simple as that! Id like to take a moment and thank every dispatcher out there. We so rarely hear those words. Most of the time we are the first contact when a person is in need, yet rarely do you ever hear a thank you. Its always praising the officers, firemen and emts who respond to the scene. Do not mistake my words, I thank the police, firemen and ems i work with everyday, they are extraodinary men and women, but dont forget who always has your back. Im writing this because recently with in my department there have been two calls that could have gone terribly wrong if the dispatcher had failed at their job. As our admin held a meeting thanking all the officers who responded and commending their actions I couldnt help but feel very unappreciated. Its two little words that go a long way. So thank you all my fellow dispatchers, you truely are a special breed of human being.

Replies

• Hawkeye_74
    Hawkeye_74 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Thank You! I agree with you. It always seems that the dispatchers don't get the recognition they deserve. I gotta say, if it were not for my dispatchers, I would be lost. They check on my safety and wellfare while handling a case and recently a dispatcher with a calm voice difused a potentially stress full situation. I appreciate the dispatchers on the other end of my radio and appreciate their hard work everyday I work.
  • fdny9943
    fdny9943 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Early in my career I was selected for a program where we got to go through all different areas of the service including a week with communications. I got to sit with the call receiving operators and then with a dispatcher as second chair and the stuff they go through is incredible. I was only responsible for myself and my partner and one call at a time where they had 15-20 units all handling calls at the same time needing additional information, call backs, police or fire assistance and each unit wanting it right now. I have to say it gave me a new respect for dispatchers and really made me appreciate them more as I progressed through the ranks in my service. Take a moment to say thanks to your dispatcher! They deserve our thanks.
  • theblackspot
    theblackspot Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    But you guys give us work to goto! We could doze on base on a saggy old sofa if you didn't find drunk incontinent old ladies for us to clean up and package to the ED... Which is why the nurses don't always think kindly of Paras/emts, as we bring them work, when they'd rather be taking the micky out of a junior doctor...
    (thankyou dispatchers, really)